GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Spring in NC

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
94X2

94X2

Spring in NC Empty
PostSubject: Spring in NC   Spring in NC Icon_minitimeTue Mar 20, 2012 1:48 pm

When I was growing up in northwestern PA in the winter you had to search the snowdrifts for your car. Now that I'm here you have to search through the piles of pollen.
Spring in NC 009
Spring in NC 010
At least it hides the dull paint on the Caprice.
Spring in NC 011
Poor little Cutlass probably would get washed if it decided to run.

Jon
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

Spring in NC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spring in NC   Spring in NC Icon_minitimeTue Mar 20, 2012 3:16 pm

Hahaha on the Cutlass....after living with our '93 for 10 years I understand that statement!!
Spring in NC Scan3_0041

And our cars here in Texas were green too...until last night. Big thunderstorms in the early AM washed all that crap away for a day or two. Good thing, my oldest kiddo has been stuffed up for a week and my little boy keeps rubbing his red puffy eyes. Poor little guy.

With all the recent rain though, the wildflowers are blooming a good month early. Misty took these Bluebonnet pics with the kiddos on Saturday:
Spring in NC Wild1
Spring in NC Wild2

I will say this, took all the kiddos for a hike at Bull Creek on Sunday, and the hike turned into a wade and then before I knew it Jonathon and Eddie were shirts-off and jumping off the cliffs into the creek. Ha! I think March 18th is about the earliest we're gotten back in the water here...but it was 80 degrees and the kids said it felt cold but wonderful!

This started as a hike and some rock climbing. No swimming planned!
Spring in NC Hike17
Spring in NC Hike2
Spring in NC Hike1

Hey there's the creek!
Spring in NC Hike19

Yes Lily I see how pretty and clear the water is but it's March 18th and way too early to swim. NO you can't get in!
Spring in NC Hike4
Spring in NC Hike3

Ok I guess if you HAVE to you can wade around bit, but don't get all wet!
Spring in NC Hike15
Spring in NC Hike6

Why are your shirts off boys?? Oh you fell in by accident....riiiighht....
Spring in NC Hike8

Ok I give up, CANNONBALL!
Spring in NC Hike11
Spring in NC Hike14
Spring in NC Hike9
Spring in NC Hike10
Spring in NC Hike12

That water cold you idiots??
Spring in NC Hike13

Sorry for hijacking the thread, fun weekend. Happy Spring All!

-Mike
Back to top Go down
YachtDriver

YachtDriver

Spring in NC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spring in NC   Spring in NC Icon_minitimeTue Mar 20, 2012 6:28 pm

Well it's spring in NH as well.

Spring in NC 2012-03-20_18-09-34_799

Getting ready for another Summer of cruising.

It was over 80 here today!
Back to top Go down

Spring in NC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spring in NC   Spring in NC Icon_minitimeTue Mar 20, 2012 6:54 pm

Hey Douglas,your wagon looks great!Is that the original paint?Mike,kids will be kids and even if the
water was freezing cold they were going in.
Thanks for the pics!
Back to top Go down
theamcguy

theamcguy

Spring in NC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spring in NC   Spring in NC Icon_minitimeTue Mar 20, 2012 6:56 pm

I've lived in NC for the last 35 years and also came down from PA. Yes the pollen is a pain, but it will pass in about a month. Good news is it won't rust your car and it rinses off with a hose. Of course living on the edge of a pine forest is not going to help. By the way in case you have not already found out pine tree sap dries on paint harder than super glue. Do not park under the Pine trees. Also watch out for blowing sap too.
Back to top Go down
YachtDriver

YachtDriver

Spring in NC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spring in NC   Spring in NC Icon_minitimeTue Mar 20, 2012 7:02 pm

Jim, It's the original paint.

I have not washed the dust off yet. I just pulled it out of the garage took it around the block to warm it up. I was checking the lights as it's getting inspected tomorrow morning. Cool

Figured I would take a quick picture before I put it back into the barn for the night.
Back to top Go down

Spring in NC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spring in NC   Spring in NC Icon_minitimeTue Mar 20, 2012 7:59 pm

Curious Douglas,what are those 2 black strips in front of your grill on your bumper?
Back to top Go down
roadmastercouple

roadmastercouple

Spring in NC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spring in NC   Spring in NC Icon_minitimeTue Mar 20, 2012 8:56 pm

look like deer repellers/whistle brackets on the bumper imo. my new paints got so much pollen on it right now it looks green. alabama full of pollen also
Back to top Go down
YachtDriver

YachtDriver

Spring in NC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spring in NC   Spring in NC Icon_minitimeTue Mar 20, 2012 9:02 pm

Jim,
The two black plastic strips were there when I purchased the car.
My guess is they were for deer whistles. (good call roadmastercouple)
I have not removed them as I don't want to damage the paint under them.
They don't bug me so I don't bug them.
I know I could remove them and more than likely not damage the paint. But why mess with them and have the paint lift.
Besides they make for some interesting conversations.
Back to top Go down
roadmastercouple

roadmastercouple

Spring in NC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spring in NC   Spring in NC Icon_minitimeTue Mar 20, 2012 10:04 pm

yeah i had them on my s10 blazer (before it blew out the whole bottom drivers side of the block). those whisles work good especially in pa. need to get some on my wagon.
Back to top Go down

Spring in NC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spring in NC   Spring in NC Icon_minitimeTue Mar 20, 2012 10:59 pm

I had a set of deer whistles on my truck years ago.Swear they actually attracted them to the
truck instead of driving them away.Years later I hit a 1200 milking cow in my rig and the deer
ceased being something to worry about!
Back to top Go down
roadmastercouple

roadmastercouple

Spring in NC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spring in NC   Spring in NC Icon_minitimeTue Mar 20, 2012 11:03 pm

wow i bet that was alot of clean up after
Back to top Go down

Spring in NC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spring in NC   Spring in NC Icon_minitimeTue Mar 20, 2012 11:10 pm

You have no idea but the cow poop covered the driver side of my tractor.When our accident
investigator began to doubt my story all I had to do was stick his nose into a pile of poop covering my saddle tank.A good whiff was all it took to make him a believer.Smelled like a
damn barn.
Back to top Go down
roadmastercouple

roadmastercouple

Spring in NC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spring in NC   Spring in NC Icon_minitimeTue Mar 20, 2012 11:31 pm

least you were ok how much damage did it do?
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

Spring in NC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spring in NC   Spring in NC Icon_minitimeWed Mar 21, 2012 12:12 pm

Flasheroo wrote:
Hey Douglas,your wagon looks great!Is that the original paint?Mike,kids will be kids and even if the
water was freezing cold they were going in.
Thanks for the pics!

I second that Douglas, pretty car!

-Mike
Back to top Go down

Spring in NC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spring in NC   Spring in NC Icon_minitimeWed Mar 21, 2012 12:43 pm

The tractor was hardly touched but the cow didnt do so well.I lost my bumper,grill,AC
condensor and a headlight surround and drove it back to the plant.It was at night,raining
on a new stretch of asphalt road and a completely black cow.All I saw was its eyes just
before impact!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Spring in NC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spring in NC   Spring in NC Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Spring in NC
Page 1 of 1