GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Spring must be near!

Go down 
+3
lakeffect
Krzdimond
buickestate
7 posters
AuthorMessage
buickestate
buickestate

Spring must be near! Empty
PostSubject: Spring must be near!   Spring must be near! Icon_minitimeMon Mar 10, 2014 8:33 pm

first sign of spring, I'm starting to see my 93 again!

Spring must be near! 030_zpsbef05813

Spring must be near! 029_zps64fb2c3b
Back to top Go down
Krzdimond
Admin
Krzdimond

PostSubject: Re: Spring must be near!   Spring must be near! Icon_minitimeMon Mar 10, 2014 8:52 pm

I feel your pain....

The beach this weekend...

Spring must be near! Th?id=HN.608021473432045480&w=143&h=187&c=7&rs=1&pid=1

Did I mention it's 78, sunny, and spring break on Tybee Island? Alcohol infused College co-eds in bikinis anyone?
Back to top Go down
lakeffect

lakeffect

PostSubject: Re: Spring must be near!   Spring must be near! Icon_minitimeMon Mar 10, 2014 9:00 pm

A sure sign of spring is when the little Crocus come up through the hood.
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Spring must be near!   Spring must be near! Icon_minitimeTue Mar 11, 2014 10:38 am

Good Lord....
Back to top Go down
buickestate
buickestate

PostSubject: Re: Spring must be near!   Spring must be near! Icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2014 7:06 pm

Spring must be near! 018_zpsc06b9203

Spring must be near! 021_zpsb8d9038e
Back to top Go down
brokecello
brokecello

PostSubject: Re: Spring must be near!   Spring must be near! Icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2014 9:14 pm

I would die....how can you not cover that wagon up? That is so much snow...
Back to top Go down
http://www.ChrisPowellmusic.com
convert2diesel

PostSubject: Re: Spring must be near!   Spring must be near! Icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2014 10:46 pm

brokecello wrote:

Actually using a car cover makes things worse. None of the car covers I have seen are totally waterproof and what ends up happening is the snow melts during the warmer days, soaks the cover, than the cover literally freezes to the car. The plastic ones scratch the car when the wind blows and water condenses under the cover. In other words, if you can't store the car in a garage or shelter, you're better off leaving them be over the winter and polishing them up in the spring.

Bill
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Spring must be near!   Spring must be near! Icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2014 11:45 pm

Well that answered my question!Considering the amount of work that you put into this wagon I would beg/borrow some indoor storage from somebody nearby.
Back to top Go down
sherlock9c1

PostSubject: Re: Spring must be near!   Spring must be near! Icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2014 8:33 am

Once the car is encased in snow, the temperature stays relatively constant. Day-Night temperature fluctuations resulting in condensation is what really affects cars. That, and freeze-thaw cycles. That '93 buried in the snow bank is probably just fine, and with some used oil on the undercarriage, it's pretty safe.
Back to top Go down
brokecello
brokecello

PostSubject: Re: Spring must be near!   Spring must be near! Icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2014 8:43 am

convert2diesel wrote:
brokecello wrote:

Actually using a car cover makes things worse.  None of the car covers I have seen are totally waterproof and what ends up happening is the snow melts during the warmer days, soaks the cover, than the cover literally freezes to the car.  The plastic ones scratch the car when the wind blows and water condenses under the cover.  In other words, if you can't store the car in a garage or shelter, you're better off leaving them be over the winter and polishing them up in the spring.

Bill

Well, that makes sense then! Ok, let it snow Pat Smile

Back to top Go down
http://www.ChrisPowellmusic.com
buickestate
buickestate

PostSubject: Re: Spring must be near!   Spring must be near! Icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2014 8:48 am

I once owned a 97 neon sport coupe( I even bought it new, special ordered it too..) the secound winter I put a special out door car cover on it, and in the spring when I pulled off the cover the clear coat had gone milky in areas from the humidity, it cleared up in the hot sun after a few days but I'll never cover a car outdoors again....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Spring must be near!   Spring must be near! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Spring must be near!
Page 1 of 1