GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Junkyards to hit along the I-95 corridor to Daytona?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Lynol

Lynol

Junkyards to hit along the I-95 corridor to Daytona? Empty
PostSubject: Junkyards to hit along the I-95 corridor to Daytona?   Junkyards to hit along the I-95 corridor to Daytona? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2012 9:04 am

So, does anyone have any recommendations for some nice junkyards to stop at not too far off Interstate 95 on the great Florida trip? I'm leaving NJ Thursday morning, and it would be nice to make some junkyard stops. I can't be the only one... right?
Back to top Go down
Lynol

Lynol

PostSubject: Re: Junkyards to hit along the I-95 corridor to Daytona?   Junkyards to hit along the I-95 corridor to Daytona? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2012 9:29 pm

C'mon, somebody's got to know of one in 1,000 miles...
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: Junkyards to hit along the I-95 corridor to Daytona?   Junkyards to hit along the I-95 corridor to Daytona? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2012 10:07 pm

Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

PostSubject: Re: Junkyards to hit along the I-95 corridor to Daytona?   Junkyards to hit along the I-95 corridor to Daytona? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2012 10:33 pm

Lynol wrote:
C'mon, somebody's got to know of one in 1,000 miles...
are you dropping off, or picking up,. Laughing

Nick
Back to top Go down
92cappy

92cappy

PostSubject: Re: Junkyards to hit along the I-95 corridor to Daytona?   Junkyards to hit along the I-95 corridor to Daytona? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2012 2:54 am

In maryland there are a number of Crazy Rays off of 95. One North of Baltimore, one in Baltimore, and one south of Baltimore (which is the one I normally go to). Last I checked (not very thoroughly, didn't have much time) there was 1 caprice sedan in that yard. They do get wagons in fairly frequently, but usually only 1-3 in the yard. If you want to take your chances, it's rt. 32 east off of 95, then rt. 1 north to Crazy Rays.
Back to top Go down
Lynol

Lynol

PostSubject: Re: Junkyards to hit along the I-95 corridor to Daytona?   Junkyards to hit along the I-95 corridor to Daytona? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 29, 2012 1:23 pm

Thank you 92cappy! On the road now, left Crazy Ray;s in Jessup a while ago. No wagons, but there were a few B-body sedans including a '96 DGGM Caprice with a gray cloth storage armrest! I've only heard legend of them, never actually seen one factory in a Caprice until today. Picked that up for $20
Junkyards to hit along the I-95 corridor to Daytona? P1010911
Junkyards to hit along the I-95 corridor to Daytona? P1010912

A '94 FWB with blue interior
Junkyards to hit along the I-95 corridor to Daytona? P1010913

Then there was this TBI Caprice with a hideous roof and textured vinyl stripping! UGH!!!
Junkyards to hit along the I-95 corridor to Daytona? P1010914
Junkyards to hit along the I-95 corridor to Daytona? P1010915

A VERY stripped LT1 Caprice
Junkyards to hit along the I-95 corridor to Daytona? P1010916

And a '95 RMS LTD. Dave got the near perfect armrest/compartment to put in his 1A2
Junkyards to hit along the I-95 corridor to Daytona? P1010917
Back to top Go down
92cappy

92cappy

PostSubject: Re: Junkyards to hit along the I-95 corridor to Daytona?   Junkyards to hit along the I-95 corridor to Daytona? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 29, 2012 1:27 pm

No problem! Looks like they got a few new b bodies in the past week Smile That caprice with the cloth roof was there last week. Hideous!
Back to top Go down
Lynol

Lynol

PostSubject: Re: Junkyards to hit along the I-95 corridor to Daytona?   Junkyards to hit along the I-95 corridor to Daytona? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 29, 2012 1:57 pm

92cappy wrote:
No problem! Looks like they got a few new b bodies in the past week Smile That caprice with the cloth roof was there last week. Hideous!
Was that RMS there before? I was going to grab the extra two horns for the 4-note horn mod on a wagon, but someone else got them lol. Was it you?
Back to top Go down
92cappy

92cappy

PostSubject: Re: Junkyards to hit along the I-95 corridor to Daytona?   Junkyards to hit along the I-95 corridor to Daytona? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 29, 2012 2:17 pm

Wasn't me. I didn't get to that section of the yard. I had about 10 minutes and no tools (just needed a battery), but decided to take a look around the main part of the GM section. They have that little area off to the side of the Ford section where the RMS is. I didn't have time to walk down that way. Glad you got the armrest though, the gray cloth parts are hard to find (try finding a gray cloth RM armrest....I actually saw one last week in a different Crazy Rays, but since I have the leather one, I didn't get it. I probably should have lol)
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: Junkyards to hit along the I-95 corridor to Daytona?   Junkyards to hit along the I-95 corridor to Daytona? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 29, 2012 8:43 pm

let's see, they left Baltimore at 2PM. Got around the beltway before it got stupid.....Drive to probably the NC border for the night.....

See you guys tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
95BRMW

95BRMW

PostSubject: Re: Junkyards to hit along the I-95 corridor to Daytona?   Junkyards to hit along the I-95 corridor to Daytona? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 30, 2012 12:35 am

Sprocket wrote:
let's see, they left Baltimore at 2PM. Got around the beltway before it got stupid.....Drive to probably the NC border for the night.....

See you guys tomorrow.

Or made it to Georgia and crashed for night Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Lynol

Lynol

PostSubject: Re: Junkyards to hit along the I-95 corridor to Daytona?   Junkyards to hit along the I-95 corridor to Daytona? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 30, 2012 12:40 am

Sprocket wrote:

See you guys tomorrow.
Was planning on something like that, thought maybe we'd get a third into SC and find a motel, but we kept on driving, and at midnight, arrived at a Motel 8 in Savannah, GA. Meeting up with krzdimond tomorrow and caravaning down. If I get down to Daytona early enough, I'll have to go find some JUNKYARDS lol... it was a fun way to break up a long drive...
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: Junkyards to hit along the I-95 corridor to Daytona?   Junkyards to hit along the I-95 corridor to Daytona? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 30, 2012 6:01 am

there is one a mile from the hotel. Wow, that was a haul for one day!!! Trust me I know.
TOday will seem like a hop skip and a jump
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Junkyards to hit along the I-95 corridor to Daytona?   Junkyards to hit along the I-95 corridor to Daytona? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Junkyards to hit along the I-95 corridor to Daytona?
Page 1 of 1