GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The Power of the Dark Side...

Go down 
+5
phantom 309
94X2
jimbeau
jayoldschool
Sprocket
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
buickestate
buickestate

The Power of the Dark Side... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Power of the Dark Side...   The Power of the Dark Side... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2012 4:34 pm

NNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Power of the Dark Side...   The Power of the Dark Side... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2012 5:43 pm

Yeeeeeesssssssssssss!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Power of the Dark Side...   The Power of the Dark Side... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2012 7:13 pm

May a Bull shark bite your board in half if you butcher up that Cougar!
Back to top Go down
jimbeau

PostSubject: Re: The Power of the Dark Side...   The Power of the Dark Side... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2012 7:45 pm

I thought he was gonna do it. What a shame...
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: The Power of the Dark Side...   The Power of the Dark Side... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2012 10:20 pm

I'm thinking more on the lines of seperating the hood and just using that part as the orig hood is pretty rusty up front. Haven't even looked at the clip yet, it may be no good (warped, cracked, etc.), hard to tell from CL photos.
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: The Power of the Dark Side...   The Power of the Dark Side... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2012 11:14 am

Well I never even called the guy back about the clip. I have no place to keep it, and the front fenders are in good shape.

Found these on CL today and they are close to my house. Not thrilled about 20 year old tires though!

http://miami.craigslist.org/pbc/pts/3115853074.html

Lemmie know what you think. They'd rock a 80s camaro for sure! I asked for rim width and backspace to make sure they would fit. I think the tires are too wide for the fronts at 265 though.
Back to top Go down
buickestate
buickestate

PostSubject: Re: The Power of the Dark Side...   The Power of the Dark Side... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2012 11:55 am

leave those wheels in the 80's, they were ugly then, age hasn't improved them...

find something more period correct for your cougar
Back to top Go down
jimbeau

PostSubject: Re: The Power of the Dark Side...   The Power of the Dark Side... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2012 6:36 pm

Sprocket wants to keep the car because it was his mil's.
His wife has a soft spot for it. We are good so far...
He can't resist the urge to tear it up or change this & that. His boredom continues.
His wife will not recognize the thing when he is through screwing around with it.
He will grow bored with it after a while of screwing around with it.
He, his wife, and nobody else wants the bastard child it has become.
It becomes a piece of junk... unworthy of saving.
The End
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: The Power of the Dark Side...   The Power of the Dark Side... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2012 6:39 pm

The issue is 14 and 15 inch tires are getting harder to find

Maybe I'll just put the hubcaps back on and try to use the dry rotted tyres to make Jimmy happy
Back to top Go down
jimbeau

PostSubject: Re: The Power of the Dark Side...   The Power of the Dark Side... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2012 6:52 pm

or just put new, "stock-sized or close" tires on it.
I know... you can't do that.
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: The Power of the Dark Side...   The Power of the Dark Side... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2012 11:49 pm

A period correct Shelby or 500 rim would be my first choice, but budget constraints are pointing me to first avail set of rims/tires that comes along that falls into the budget, doesn't rub on the stock suspension, and drives out nice.
Back to top Go down
buickestate
buickestate

PostSubject: Re: The Power of the Dark Side...   The Power of the Dark Side... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2012 8:03 am

still ugly rims
Back to top Go down
drano

PostSubject: Re: The Power of the Dark Side...   The Power of the Dark Side... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 05, 2012 10:42 pm

gearz was doing some episodes on a cougar, might chk it out course he has the big buck sponsors , years ago saw one in a junk yd with overhead console for door ajar and something else , brother inlaw as one kept since high school , his 1st car, not running now in storage for 20 or so yrs, good luck
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Power of the Dark Side...   The Power of the Dark Side... - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Power of the Dark Side...
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2