HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

about as ready as I'm going to get.....

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
bbswagon

PostSubject: about as ready as I'm going to get.....   Sun May 27, 2012 5:23 pm

It's been a short while since I last visited....gotten the wagon to a point where it is ready for a very long haul (as in Hot Rod power tour "long haul"). Motor is running good, did a few minor adjustments to the carb (float drop being the main adjustment). And have gotten much of the trim installed.

As for interior, just get it in place so I can drive it ('94 Caprice 60/40 front seat 6 way power both sides)....I'll worry about correctly doing it right after the road trip! If any body is going on the rolling show, look for me, I'll be in the wagon!

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: about as ready as I'm going to get.....   Sun May 27, 2012 5:59 pm

Niiiiice.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: about as ready as I'm going to get.....   Sun May 27, 2012 7:04 pm

Looking good,now have a blast!
Back to top Go down
bbswagon

PostSubject: Re: about as ready as I'm going to get.....   Wed Jun 27, 2012 11:18 pm

Update to the post....on the Friday of my trip, I lost the front outer wheel bearing just about Nashville, TN. Spent 3 hours in an O'Rielly's auto parts parking lot changing out the bearings and having the rotor turned.

Only other problem was on I-35 heading into Dallas, stuck in traffic moving around 5 mph for about 2 miles...the engine began to foul out spark plugs, sputter and die. Waited around 20 minutes, cranked the motor and drove on into TX without any other problems (have since worked out issues with the carb "after" I got home).

Mileage overall for the trip was around 13 mpg. On the way up and back (nice level roads, no large mountains to travel over) mileage was a tad over 14 mpg. Overall mileage round trip was right at 3700 miles!

Should y'all ever get the chance, Hot Rod power tour should be on your bucket list to do. You meet a lot of nice people out on the road!

Back to top Go down
buickestate

PostSubject: Re: about as ready as I'm going to get.....   Wed Jun 27, 2012 11:50 pm

there is a picture of your wagon in the hrpt 2012 thread, taken in milford michigan.
Back to top Go down
bbswagon

PostSubject: Re: about as ready as I'm going to get.....   Thu Jun 28, 2012 3:31 pm

thanks, just happy to be a part of that "traveling circus". Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: about as ready as I'm going to get.....   

Back to top Go down

about as ready as I'm going to get.....
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1