GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Removing door panels..... any tips or trouble areas?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Caddydaddy13

Caddydaddy13

Removing door panels..... any tips or trouble areas? Empty
PostSubject: Removing door panels..... any tips or trouble areas?   Removing door panels..... any tips or trouble areas? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2012 5:37 pm

I'm going to get a set of front door panels off of a 94 Roadmaster sedan on thursday night. I have to remove them myself.... any tips before I attempt this? Any trouble spots wih these? I've never taken them off of a Buick, just on a few of my older Caddies. I DON'T want to damage anything!

Back to top Go down
silverfox103
silverfox103

Removing door panels..... any tips or trouble areas? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Removing door panels..... any tips or trouble areas?   Removing door panels..... any tips or trouble areas? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2012 6:23 pm

Don't force under any condition as they are very brittle. Buy a forked "tree" remover to remove the clips. They are about $7 at any auto store. There are 3 screw: 1 on each side of the strap (you have to peel the strap back on either corner. The 3rd is in the bottom outside corner of the door pocket, somewhat hidden. All are phillips head. There is also a screw holding the plastic bezel around the door handle.

Now to remove: with the forked tool, reach behind the panel and pop the clip out. There is somewhere around 6 clips. Roll the window down, grab the panel on either side and lift up. Sometimes you may need a screw driver to give the top of the panel a little gentle pry. You will have a couple of wires to unplug.

That's it!

Tom C.
Back to top Go down

Removing door panels..... any tips or trouble areas?
Page 1 of 1