GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Rear Bumper Shocks

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

Rear Bumper Shocks Empty
PostSubject: Rear Bumper Shocks   Rear Bumper Shocks Icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2012 6:39 am

Are these the same between sedans and wagons? Some illegal schmuck ran into the back of my mom. Not enough to ruin the cover, but enough to compress one of the shocks. Going yarding today and would like to source a replacement for her.

Back to top Go down
silverfox103
silverfox103

Rear Bumper Shocks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rear Bumper Shocks   Rear Bumper Shocks Icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2012 8:25 am

I'm guessing that they are the same, but the yard should be able to tell you as they have the interchange book.

Tom C.
Back to top Go down

Rear Bumper Shocks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rear Bumper Shocks   Rear Bumper Shocks Icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2012 1:01 pm

Yeah. Not sure. Found a wagon in the yard so grabbed the shock from it.
Back to top Go down
jimbeau

Rear Bumper Shocks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rear Bumper Shocks   Rear Bumper Shocks Icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2012 3:16 pm

This may be totally off the wall, but I remember being told to apply heat from a propane or map gas torch to the cylinder to get it to loosen up & pop out.
Back to top Go down

Rear Bumper Shocks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rear Bumper Shocks   Rear Bumper Shocks Icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2012 3:39 pm

Hmmm... I have a propane torch handy. I can experiment on the shock once I get it off. Yard only charged me $6 for the good one, but that would be a good bit of info to know in a pinch.

Will report back.
Back to top Go down
jimbeau

Rear Bumper Shocks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rear Bumper Shocks   Rear Bumper Shocks Icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2012 7:43 pm

No, I mean hit it while it's on the car & it might come back out. The idea is to AVOID work, not add to it.
Back to top Go down

Rear Bumper Shocks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rear Bumper Shocks   Rear Bumper Shocks Icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2012 8:03 pm

jimbeau wrote:
No, I mean hit it while it's on the car & it might come back out. The idea is to AVOID work, not add to it.
Didnt know that dumb and dumber were wagon fans!
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

Rear Bumper Shocks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rear Bumper Shocks   Rear Bumper Shocks Icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2012 12:28 am

I believe they are supposed to be a single use item. They are not all that hard to replace.
Back to top Go down
jimbeau

Rear Bumper Shocks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rear Bumper Shocks   Rear Bumper Shocks Icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2012 1:03 am

If it was me... I'd try it because there is nothing to lose.

But that's just me.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Rear Bumper Shocks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rear Bumper Shocks   Rear Bumper Shocks Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rear Bumper Shocks
Page 1 of 1