GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

right side front corner light

Go down 
+2
Cadet57
COL
6 posters
AuthorMessage
COL

COL

right side front corner light Empty
PostSubject: right side front corner light   right side front corner light Icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2012 8:08 pm

I have a cracked right side front corner light. Does anyone have a real nice one to sell? I see some on ebay but am unsure if they are made in USA or China. I would prefer an OEM GM.
Dick
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

PostSubject: Re: right side front corner light   right side front corner light Icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2012 8:11 pm

I may have one. Lemme check my parts bag, I know I have a left. If it's in there you can have it for the price of shipping.
Back to top Go down
COL

COL

PostSubject: right side front corner light   right side front corner light Icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2012 8:31 pm

Cadet57 wrote:
I may have one. Lemme check my parts bag, I know I have a left. If it's in there you can have it for the price of shipping.

Thanks Cadet57 let me know and I will PM you my address. Need only a passenger side one with amber turn.
Dick
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

PostSubject: Re: right side front corner light   right side front corner light Icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2012 8:31 pm

COL wrote:
Cadet57 wrote:

Thanks Cadet57 let me know and I will PM you my address. Need only a passenger side one with amber turn.
Dick

Will do. I'll check tomorrow when I get home from work. Does your car have cornering lamps?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: right side front corner light   right side front corner light Icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2012 9:14 pm

Bummer, I just tossed a set when I put clear corners on both of our wagons.
Back to top Go down
COL

COL

PostSubject: Re: right side front corner light   right side front corner light Icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2012 11:50 pm

Cadet57 wrote:
COL wrote:
Cadet57 wrote:

Dick

Will do. I'll check tomorrow when I get home from work. Does your car have cornering lamps?

Well.......It is a '92 OCC. There are lenses at the corner between the headlights and side turn signal but they do not appear to have bulbs inside. They do not light up so I am assuming I do not have that option. Was that a later RMW or Caprice option?
Dick
Back to top Go down
COL

COL

PostSubject: Bummer   right side front corner light Icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2012 12:01 am

Stingroo wrote:
Bummer, I just tossed a set when I put clear corners on both of our wagons.
Yeah bummer Stingduderoo. Don't you hoard this stuff too?
Dick
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: right side front corner light   right side front corner light Icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2012 12:03 am

Usually, but most people want the clear corners. lol
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: right side front corner light   right side front corner light Icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2012 9:37 am

Do you have the light yellow ones or the dark orange ones? You also need to know if you have one or 2 sockets in the unit. I can check for what I have if I get that info.
Back to top Go down
COL

COL

PostSubject: Re: right side front corner light   right side front corner light Icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2012 9:52 am

Fred Kiehl wrote:
Do you have the light yellow ones or the dark orange ones? You also need to know if you have one or 2 sockets in the unit. I can check for what I have if I get that info.

I will look..........
Back to top Go down
COL

COL

PostSubject: yellow orange   right side front corner light Icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2012 10:13 am

Fred Kiehl wrote:

Fred,
Color is subjective but I would say mine would be best described as light yellow.
right side front corner light Detailed-color-wheel
It has one socket behind the colored section and none behing the clear part.
Dick
Back to top Go down
COL

COL

PostSubject: Re: right side front corner light   right side front corner light Icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2012 10:17 am

Yellow Orange (Tertiary) #4 is closest to mine Wink
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: right side front corner light   right side front corner light Icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2012 10:24 am

I'll check my stock. I have a yellow one, but I do not remember which side it is. I can get you a couple of orange ones and the harness for the turning lights. It is a pulg and play.

The color you specified looks more like the yellow ones. The orange one are definitely orange.
Back to top Go down
COL

COL

PostSubject: Re: right side front corner light   right side front corner light Icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2012 11:10 am

Fred Kiehl wrote:
I'll check my stock. I have a yellow one, but I do not remember which side it is. I can get you a couple of orange ones and the harness for the turning lights. It is a pulg and play.

The color you specified looks more like the yellow ones. The orange one are definitely orange.

I don't think I would like the Orange. I also am not sure how to even get that unit out to change the lens. I saw on screw on the top of it under the hood.
Were do guys get the clear ones Stingroo was talking about?
Dick
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: right side front corner light   right side front corner light Icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2012 6:39 pm

The phillips head screw is the only you need to remove. There is a large pin on the bottom, and a clip on the back edge. You have to lift the front to disengage the lower pin, and then you should be able to pull the unit front to disengage the clip.

Pic of orange light: https://2img.net/h/i1243.photobucket.com/albums/gg541/jfkiehl/singlebulbrunninglight.jpg
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: right side front corner light   right side front corner light Icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2012 7:19 pm

right side front corner light 307025_4369509842546_1603909095_n

Those are my clears. I got one set from someone here, and actually found mom's set in the junkyard and only paid $6 a piece. Got lucky!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: right side front corner light   right side front corner light Icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2012 9:18 pm

Nice looking wheels you have there,Roo!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: right side front corner light   right side front corner light Icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2012 9:26 pm

...they're in dire need of a clean/polish.

I should do that this weekend.
Back to top Go down
COL

COL

PostSubject: Re: right side front corner light   right side front corner light Icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2012 10:36 pm

Roo,
I like the clear ones better. Got a set on the way.
Dick
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: right side front corner light   right side front corner light Icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2012 10:40 pm

Haha glad I could help persuade!
Back to top Go down
COL

COL

PostSubject: PM   right side front corner light Icon_minitimeFri Jul 13, 2012 10:44 pm

Fred,
Did you get my PM?
Dick
Back to top Go down
Ancient_1

Ancient_1

PostSubject: Re: right side front corner light   right side front corner light Icon_minitimeSat Jul 14, 2012 3:07 pm

COL if you are still interested I have both sides I took off my Roadie which are in excellent shape from when I went to the clear smoked. Here are a couple pics of before and after where you can see the shape the stock ones are in. In person the smoked apear to be a little lighter than the darker one and a little darker than the lighter one.

right side front corner light Wgn-frt-rt

right side front corner light 11-11-1

right side front corner light 11-11-5
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: right side front corner light   right side front corner light Icon_minitimeSat Jul 14, 2012 3:14 pm

Ancient_1,that is one FINE looking wagon you have.Didnt care for those wheels at first but
I am liking them a lot more now!
Back to top Go down
Ancient_1

Ancient_1

PostSubject: Re: right side front corner light   right side front corner light Icon_minitimeSat Jul 14, 2012 3:49 pm

Thanks Flasheroo, kind of like my son who really didn't like the car at all when I bought it but with the addition of the tires, wheels, tint and lights he now thinks its pretty cool.
Back to top Go down
COL

COL

PostSubject: Re: right side front corner light   right side front corner light Icon_minitimeSun Jul 15, 2012 8:35 am

Ancient_1 wrote:
COL if you are still interested I have both sides I took off my Roadie which are in excellent shape from when I went to the clear smoked. Here are a couple pics of before and after where you can see the shape the stock ones are in. In person the smoked apear to be a little lighter than the darker one and a little darker than the lighter one.

right side front corner light Wgn-frt-rt

right side front corner light 11-11-1

right side front corner light 11-11-5

Thanks. After looking at the way the clear ones look I am getting a set from Fred. That is a very nice RMW.
COLONEL
right side front corner light FirstOLDSAirstreamtrip8-10JUN12001
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

PostSubject: Re: right side front corner light   right side front corner light Icon_minitimeSun Jul 15, 2012 9:47 am

Dick,

I thought I posted but it looks like it didn't go thru.. I don't have the marker you needed. But it looks like you got a set of the clear ones?
Back to top Go down
COL

COL

PostSubject: Re: right side front corner light   right side front corner light Icon_minitimeSat Jul 21, 2012 12:50 am

the set of clear lenses I got have the cornering lights but I need the wiring for the two bulbs. Does anyone have a pair of wiring harnesses for the corner lights.
If not I will just keep my original that is cracked until I find a light yellow (right) original with no corner light.
Dick
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: right side front corner light   right side front corner light Icon_minitimeSat Jul 21, 2012 1:21 am

You can just put them in place as is for now. They're easy enough to swap, and when you get your hands on the wiring, wire 'em in.

That's what I did, at least.
Back to top Go down
COL

COL

PostSubject: Re: right side front corner light   right side front corner light Icon_minitimeSat Jul 21, 2012 8:52 am

Roo,
The ones I got don't look the same as yours. They are completly clear without the verticle fluting. So the big hole for the cornering lights would show. I could put a bulb in for looks however. I am not out much if I decide not to use them anyway.

I could get used to the look of the lenses I got. They give the car a much updated look than the original. I will post a picture if I get time.

Last night I found an unused wire on left side that looks as if it could go to the corner light. I only found the one one the driver side. Will investigate the passenger side today. I may well have the right wiring after all.

Dick
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: right side front corner light   right side front corner light Icon_minitimeSat Jul 21, 2012 9:03 am

There should be 2 wires on each side.
Back to top Go down
COL

COL

PostSubject: Re: right side front corner light   right side front corner light Icon_minitimeSat Jul 21, 2012 11:43 am

Fred,
On the driver side I found a set of two wires with a conector that looks as if it would go to a light. It comes out of the harness with the horn wires.It is about the right length to reach.
Do you know a part number for the corner light bulb? I will stop by a parts store and check it out. Maybe not til Monday. We have guests from out of town so today we are going crabbing and beach combing.
Dick
Back to top Go down
Krzdimond
Admin
Krzdimond

PostSubject: Re: right side front corner light   right side front corner light Icon_minitimeSat Jul 21, 2012 11:46 am

Back to top Go down
jimbeau

PostSubject: Re: right side front corner light   right side front corner light Icon_minitimeSat Jul 21, 2012 3:34 pm

I added cornering lights to my ride shortly after I bought it. The wiring was already there, but I can't remember exactly how it looked. There was a connector on the right side, I believe, that had the two unused terminals on it for the cornering lights. It was a pretty simple install, electrically, but this is on the newer 94-96 harness. Yours is different, I'm sure.
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: right side front corner light   right side front corner light Icon_minitimeSat Jul 21, 2012 4:09 pm

If you have just two wires you need the bulb socket, gasket, and bulb. The bulb is a 2057.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: right side front corner light   right side front corner light Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

right side front corner light
Page 1 of 1