GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

(update)in the shop , what color to paint?

Go down 
+8
AlmostaBuick
DROLDS2U
MarkH
jimbeau
Cadet57
lornejay1
Krzdimond
koopa
12 posters
AuthorMessage
koopa

(update)in the shop , what color to paint? Empty
PostSubject: (update)in the shop , what color to paint?   (update)in the shop , what color to paint? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2012 12:33 am

well i hope this is the right section wagon is in the shop and i would like to bounce some ideas off of some people . (what color to paint)
1st i was thinking of painting from window belt molding/chrome trim down copper head orange (viper) or range rover Vesuvius orange then everything above in diamond black hood roof ect.
2nd the whole wagon in diamond black from the new cts v but using a gold pearl
3rd whole car white diamond pearl .

i will also be uploading pics of car in a few min

Last edited by koopa on Mon Aug 27, 2012 6:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: (update)in the shop , what color to paint?   (update)in the shop , what color to paint? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2012 12:36 am

Black diamond is GORGEOUS, but I would think it'd look better with the silver pearl they use.

Only thing about that is, scratches will be expensive and difficult to fix... Sad

Can't wait for photos!
Back to top Go down
koopa

PostSubject: Re: (update)in the shop , what color to paint?   (update)in the shop , what color to paint? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2012 12:50 am

(update)in the shop , what color to paint? IMG_20120122_185122
how i bought it, bone stock

Last edited by koopa on Tue Jul 31, 2012 12:56 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
koopa

PostSubject: Re: (update)in the shop , what color to paint?   (update)in the shop , what color to paint? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2012 12:56 am

(update)in the shop , what color to paint? IMG_20120505_140150
few beers that night had the bright idea of removing the wood-grain .
(update)in the shop , what color to paint? IMG_20120528_235447
(update)in the shop , what color to paint? 20120704_002727
then i decided to plastic dip the car for the summer, didn't last long aka i got all the parts that i wanted to get before it went for paint a lot faster so it never saw the road.

Last edited by koopa on Tue Jul 31, 2012 1:24 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
koopa

PostSubject: Re: (update)in the shop , what color to paint?   (update)in the shop , what color to paint? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2012 12:57 am

at the shop
(update)in the shop , what color to paint? 20120723_103811
(update)in the shop , what color to paint? 20120723_103845
(update)in the shop , what color to paint? 20120723_103901
Back to top Go down
koopa

PostSubject: Re: (update)in the shop , what color to paint?   (update)in the shop , what color to paint? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2012 1:00 am

got some work done to it
(update)in the shop , what color to paint? 20120726_124425
(update)in the shop , what color to paint? 20120726_124421
(update)in the shop , what color to paint? 20120726_124411
(update)in the shop , what color to paint? 20120728_115038
Back to top Go down
koopa

PostSubject: Re: (update)in the shop , what color to paint?   (update)in the shop , what color to paint? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2012 1:01 am

(update)in the shop , what color to paint? 20120728_115018
(update)in the shop , what color to paint? 20120728_115007
(update)in the shop , what color to paint? 20120726_124501
Back to top Go down
koopa

PostSubject: Re: (update)in the shop , what color to paint?   (update)in the shop , what color to paint? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2012 1:06 am

Stingroo wrote:
Black diamond is GORGEOUS, but I would think it'd look better with the silver pearl they use.

Only thing about that is, scratches will be expensive and difficult to fix... Sad

Can't wait for photos!

my concern is trying to keep that thing clean (all black) , i will see how it looks with a few different pearls if i end up doing one solid color , thanks for the advice .
Back to top Go down
Krzdimond
Admin
Krzdimond

PostSubject: Re: (update)in the shop , what color to paint?   (update)in the shop , what color to paint? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2012 6:45 am

Copperhead Orange IS an awesome color. I agree to keep it a "factory" color as it is easily matched by anyone who paints.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: (update)in the shop , what color to paint?   (update)in the shop , what color to paint? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2012 9:21 am

Like the white diamond pearl color and would be easier to keep clean too.I had a honda CBX
bike that was painted a pearl white and it was a gorgeous color.Boils down to what you like
koopa and what you can live with!
Back to top Go down
koopa

PostSubject: Re: (update)in the shop , what color to paint?   (update)in the shop , what color to paint? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2012 9:56 am

matching the paint is not a concern at all , just want the wagon to stand out , i want ppl to say damn thats a cool wagon (i would drive a wagon). i am still lean towards the orange and black .
Back to top Go down
lornejay1

lornejay1

PostSubject: Re: (update)in the shop , what color to paint?   (update)in the shop , what color to paint? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2012 10:42 am

(update)in the shop , what color to paint? Photo-2275
Back to top Go down
Krzdimond
Admin
Krzdimond

PostSubject: Re: (update)in the shop , what color to paint?   (update)in the shop , what color to paint? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2012 11:35 am

Oooooohhhhh, holloween all year long!
Back to top Go down
koopa

PostSubject: Re: (update)in the shop , what color to paint?   (update)in the shop , what color to paint? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2012 12:08 pm

lornejay1 wrote:

yep thats how i wanted, it i guess its time to choose another option
Back to top Go down
koopa

PostSubject: Re: (update)in the shop , what color to paint?   (update)in the shop , what color to paint? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2012 12:10 pm

Krzdimond wrote:
Oooooohhhhh, holloween all year long!
lol i do like candy .. and my current daily driver also looks like its ready for Halloween
Back to top Go down
lornejay1

lornejay1

PostSubject: Re: (update)in the shop , what color to paint?   (update)in the shop , what color to paint? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2012 12:47 pm

Just one to show how orange is tame without a contrast.

Your pan and hood.

(update)in the shop , what color to paint? Photo-1433

(update)in the shop , what color to paint? Photo-2260

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: (update)in the shop , what color to paint?   (update)in the shop , what color to paint? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2012 2:20 pm

Koopa,pick a color or colors you like and dont worry about the fact its already been done on another wagon.Just make it your wagon!
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

PostSubject: Re: (update)in the shop , what color to paint?   (update)in the shop , what color to paint? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2012 3:06 pm

Koopa, if I may ask. What did the shop charge you to smooth out the trim studs?
Back to top Go down
koopa

PostSubject: Re: (update)in the shop , what color to paint?   (update)in the shop , what color to paint? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2012 4:44 pm

Cadet57 wrote:
Koopa, if I may ask. What did the shop charge you to smooth out the trim studs?
As sad as this sounds I don't know , I would assume. 1 to 2 units of labor per panel and maybe 3 per qtr panel . So most likely 14 to 16 units of labor at a shop . I know there is 97 units of labor total on the my wagon . Ps they also had to weld new metal to fill in the screw holes that gm was so smart to use. on cell sorry for typos
Back to top Go down
jimbeau

PostSubject: Re: (update)in the shop , what color to paint?   (update)in the shop , what color to paint? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2012 5:14 pm

The cars in the last three pics are sassy! Love nice bright colors, especially metallic.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: (update)in the shop , what color to paint?   (update)in the shop , what color to paint? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2012 7:23 pm

Everytime I see black and orange I think somebody loves those 2 tone ford pickups and
everything else harley!
Back to top Go down
koopa

PostSubject: Re: (update)in the shop , what color to paint?   (update)in the shop , what color to paint? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2012 9:09 pm

Flasheroo wrote:
Everytime I see black and orange I think somebody loves those 2 tone ford pickups and
everything else harley!

lol thats what my buddy told me yesterday
Back to top Go down
MarkH

MarkH

PostSubject: Re: (update)in the shop , what color to paint?   (update)in the shop , what color to paint? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2012 2:56 pm

I always thought a black and silver two-tone would be slick on these big cars...
Back to top Go down
http://DesignsbyMarkonline.net

PostSubject: Re: (update)in the shop , what color to paint?   (update)in the shop , what color to paint? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2012 5:30 pm

That would look awesome,silver on top with jet black below the window lines!
Back to top Go down
MarkH

MarkH

PostSubject: Re: (update)in the shop , what color to paint?   (update)in the shop , what color to paint? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2012 5:33 pm

I built a 65 Chevelle Longroof model a few years ago and painted it black & silver.... I didn't put a primer coat on so when I used automotive clear coat on it it pulled the paint right off the plastic. Still have it and eventually I'll redo it.... but always thought it'd be cool to see a life size version of it with black & silver.
Back to top Go down
lornejay1

lornejay1

PostSubject: Re: (update)in the shop , what color to paint?   (update)in the shop , what color to paint? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2012 6:27 pm

MarkH wrote:
I always thought a black and silver two-tone would be slick on these big cars...

(update)in the shop , what color to paint? Photo-1829

(update)in the shop , what color to paint? Photo-674
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: (update)in the shop , what color to paint?   (update)in the shop , what color to paint? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2012 7:42 pm

And I was completely correct.Guess that nomatter what colors you use,someone else has already
used it on their wagon.
Thanks Lorne
Back to top Go down
DROLDS2U

DROLDS2U

PostSubject: Re: (update)in the shop , what color to paint?   (update)in the shop , what color to paint? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2012 10:16 pm

is a unit = to an hour ?? and how much per unit
Back to top Go down
MarkH

MarkH

PostSubject: Re: (update)in the shop , what color to paint?   (update)in the shop , what color to paint? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2012 10:38 am

lornejay1 wrote:

That looks SICK!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: (update)in the shop , what color to paint?   (update)in the shop , what color to paint? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2012 10:54 am

MarkH wrote:
lornejay1 wrote:

That looks SICK!!!

See what I mean koopa?Pretty sure that any color or body modification you use,has been done before more than once!
Just make it YOURS!
Back to top Go down
MarkH

MarkH

PostSubject: Re: (update)in the shop , what color to paint?   (update)in the shop , what color to paint? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2012 10:57 am

Maybe instead of a straight line just have some flame licks dipping in/out/down... with a red pin-stripe.
Back to top Go down
AlmostaBuick

AlmostaBuick

PostSubject: Re: (update)in the shop , what color to paint?   (update)in the shop , what color to paint? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2012 10:15 pm

The black bottom doesn't work for me, especially in the rear quarter view.
It makes the car look like a fat girl wearing tights.
Or a very nice police car.
Why not black on top and silver sides?
Tint the windows as dark as your state allows.
Maybe add some silver ghost flames to the top of the hood or black ghost flames starting at the wheel openings. Cool
Back to top Go down
MarkH

MarkH

PostSubject: Re: (update)in the shop , what color to paint?   (update)in the shop , what color to paint? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2012 12:01 pm

AlmostaBuick wrote:
It makes the car look like a fat girl wearing tights.

https://youtu.be/VMnjF1O4eH0
Back to top Go down
koopa

PostSubject: Re: (update)in the shop , what color to paint?   (update)in the shop , what color to paint? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 22, 2012 9:30 am

where the wagon sits as of yesterday they are taking there sweet time.

(update)in the shop , what color to paint? Imagejpeg_2_3
Back to top Go down
koopa

PostSubject: Re: (update)in the shop , what color to paint?   (update)in the shop , what color to paint? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 22, 2012 9:34 am

DROLDS2U wrote:
is a unit = to an hour ?? and how much per unit
kinda, they don't say hours as the customer would assume there car would be done in 97 hours (my case)
shop im at is 48 a unit
Back to top Go down
koopa

PostSubject: Re: (update)in the shop , what color to paint?   (update)in the shop , what color to paint? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 22, 2012 9:37 am

Flasheroo wrote:
MarkH wrote:
lornejay1 wrote:

That looks SICK!!!

See what I mean koopa?Pretty sure that any color or body modification you use,has been done before more than once!
Just make it YOURS!

yeah your right
pink wagon here i come...
Back to top Go down
roadmastercouple

roadmastercouple

PostSubject: Re: (update)in the shop , what color to paint?   (update)in the shop , what color to paint? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2012 8:15 am

koopa wrote:
where the wagon sits as of yesterday they are taking there sweet time.

(update)in the shop , what color to paint? Imagejpeg_2_3

Trust me I would've wanted them to take there sweet time. Marco did min in 4 days and it's now been 6 months maybe and it's chipping in many spots and I swear the dark blue is fading back to Adriatic blue with every wash and wax. Do you mind me asking what the estimate was there
Back to top Go down
chevy5seven

chevy5seven

PostSubject: Re: (update)in the shop , what color to paint?   (update)in the shop , what color to paint? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 04, 2012 1:06 pm

Flat black bottom with prowler orange on top with multi colored metallic flakes mixed in the orange! Kinda partial to that! LOL! The orange really shines in the sun. Laughing
Back to top Go down
QUICKSSILVER

QUICKSSILVER

PostSubject: Re: (update)in the shop , what color to paint?   (update)in the shop , what color to paint? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 11, 2013 9:22 pm

roadmastercouple wrote:

Trust me I would've wanted them to take there sweet time. Marco did min in 4 days and it's now been 6 months maybe and it's chipping in many spots and I swear the dark blue is fading back to Adriatic blue with every wash and wax. Do you mind me asking what the estimate was there

Trust me i know the feeling... No
Back to top Go down
http://www.reverbnation.com/ziplockfreshhh
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: (update)in the shop , what color to paint?   (update)in the shop , what color to paint? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 11, 2013 10:20 pm

lornejay1 wrote:

Very nice!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: (update)in the shop , what color to paint?   (update)in the shop , what color to paint? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

(update)in the shop , what color to paint?
Page 1 of 1