GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

What Color Do You Think Makes A Wagon Most Valuable?

Go down 
+7
buickestate
Krzdimond
etsfl
jimbeau
Sprocket
eagle-co94
Mark 96 Roady
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Mark 96 Roady

What Color Do You Think Makes A Wagon Most Valuable? Empty
PostSubject: What Color Do You Think Makes A Wagon Most Valuable?   What Color Do You Think Makes A Wagon Most Valuable? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 11, 2012 10:53 am

I'm not asking which color is your favorite, just the one that brings the most money, assuming same cars, just different colors. And, in a similar vein, does any one know what color was most used on the wagons? Just curious....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What Color Do You Think Makes A Wagon Most Valuable?   What Color Do You Think Makes A Wagon Most Valuable? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 11, 2012 11:24 am

I would say a DCM or Black WB4 would bring the most money, all else being equal.
Back to top Go down
eagle-co94

eagle-co94

PostSubject: Re: What Color Do You Think Makes A Wagon Most Valuable?   What Color Do You Think Makes A Wagon Most Valuable? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 11, 2012 11:43 am

I would say one of the dark colors, without woodgrain. Then any color without woodgrain. And I would pay more for a 95 or 96 in a heartbeat to get the bigger mirrors.
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: What Color Do You Think Makes A Wagon Most Valuable?   What Color Do You Think Makes A Wagon Most Valuable? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 11, 2012 1:06 pm

For rarity the PPM (Purple Pearl metallic) I think it was called. I've only seen one or two, next would be the dark sapphire metallic. Only the NYSP got that color so there probably only 30 or so 1a2s painted that way. I had one and Jimbeau still has it's twin.

I did see one Chevy with wood painted a metallic Teal color, but don't think now it was a factory avail color.

Most common wood be the white or LDM woodies.

As mentioned I would say the DCM WB4 (no wood) RMW would bring the high$$ due to being sought after AND rare.
That and any LT1 car with under 50k!
Back to top Go down
jimbeau

PostSubject: Re: What Color Do You Think Makes A Wagon Most Valuable?   What Color Do You Think Makes A Wagon Most Valuable? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 11, 2012 2:48 pm

He also asked about 'white', but nobody responded.

You know, the most common color.
Back to top Go down
Mark 96 Roady

PostSubject: Re: What Color Do You Think Makes A Wagon Most Valuable?   What Color Do You Think Makes A Wagon Most Valuable? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 11, 2012 6:41 pm

Is DCM dark cherry metallic?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What Color Do You Think Makes A Wagon Most Valuable?   What Color Do You Think Makes A Wagon Most Valuable? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 11, 2012 9:09 pm

I think the most common color is white or tan (golden)
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: What Color Do You Think Makes A Wagon Most Valuable?   What Color Do You Think Makes A Wagon Most Valuable? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 11, 2012 10:14 pm

I think the LAB w/wood was the most popular color in 92. I've owned or parted 3 92 RMWs all were LAB w/wood and dark blue interiors.
Back to top Go down
etsfl

etsfl

PostSubject: Re: What Color Do You Think Makes A Wagon Most Valuable?   What Color Do You Think Makes A Wagon Most Valuable? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2012 12:47 pm

Rarity usually results in the most desireable vehicle.
In the last year of RMW of the 9000+ built only 1090 were a WB4, ( factory woodgrain delete) and of those 1090 only 125 were DCM
and of those 125 only 19 had beige limited leather interior.
Considering that most of these are no longer alive I would say that a 96 RMW with WB4,77U and 643 would be one of the most valuable if you could find one.
Back to top Go down
Krzdimond
Admin
Krzdimond

PostSubject: Re: What Color Do You Think Makes A Wagon Most Valuable?   What Color Do You Think Makes A Wagon Most Valuable? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2012 3:12 pm

I can do you one better:

1090 WB4, 119 were MAB and 53 came with cloth (non limited) seats. Add in the power to those seats, and we're looking at 10 cars made in 1996. For some reason my car came with hubcaps instead of the standard alloys.... and only 3 were built.
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: What Color Do You Think Makes A Wagon Most Valuable?   What Color Do You Think Makes A Wagon Most Valuable? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2012 3:40 pm

^^^So put your hubcaps back on to make it more 'valuable'
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What Color Do You Think Makes A Wagon Most Valuable?   What Color Do You Think Makes A Wagon Most Valuable? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2012 3:46 pm

^ Yeah. What he said. I'll give your wheels a good home.

:p
Back to top Go down
Mark 96 Roady

PostSubject: Re: What Color Do You Think Makes A Wagon Most Valuable?   What Color Do You Think Makes A Wagon Most Valuable? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2012 7:10 pm

I asked earlier, but maybe no one saw it. Is DCM dark cherry metallic? So my non wood 96 Roadmaster is one of only 1090 made? Wow, I had no idea the production numbers for the wagons were so low. So here is the next question-how many white 96 non wood cars were made?
Back to top Go down
Krzdimond
Admin
Krzdimond

PostSubject: Re: What Color Do You Think Makes A Wagon Most Valuable?   What Color Do You Think Makes A Wagon Most Valuable? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2012 7:26 pm

Go here and put in your VIN http://www.compnine.com/vid.php

then move over ONLY the WB4 and color code and see what number shows up

Then report back here so we ALL can now Very Happy
Back to top Go down
buickestate
buickestate

PostSubject: Re: What Color Do You Think Makes A Wagon Most Valuable?   What Color Do You Think Makes A Wagon Most Valuable? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2012 9:21 pm

what about the mythical purple metalic wagons?
Back to top Go down
brokecello
brokecello

PostSubject: Re: What Color Do You Think Makes A Wagon Most Valuable?   What Color Do You Think Makes A Wagon Most Valuable? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2012 9:30 pm

what about black woodgrain wagons? Or DGGM with Ruby cloth Limited interior?!? And 3.42 posi?
Back to top Go down
http://www.ChrisPowellmusic.com
Mark 96 Roady

PostSubject: Re: What Color Do You Think Makes A Wagon Most Valuable?   What Color Do You Think Makes A Wagon Most Valuable? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2012 12:59 am

Krzdimond wrote:
Go here and put in your VIN http://www.compnine.com/vid.php

then move over ONLY the WB4 and color code and see what number shows up

Then report back here so we ALL can now Very Happy
Thanks for the site info. Here it is: white, no wood, tan leather interior, 2:56 rear end, total of 9 produced that way. If you take out the rear end, leaving in the white/tan leather combo, the production shows 25. Very neat site, thanks again.
Back to top Go down
Mark 96 Roady

PostSubject: Re: What Color Do You Think Makes A Wagon Most Valuable?   What Color Do You Think Makes A Wagon Most Valuable? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2012 1:08 am

Update- I put the leather steering wheel and heated seats in the list, along with the 2:56 rear end, and it puts the production at only 6. It's hard to believe that a white/tan wagon would be made in such small numbers.
Back to top Go down
Mark 96 Roady

PostSubject: Re: What Color Do You Think Makes A Wagon Most Valuable?   What Color Do You Think Makes A Wagon Most Valuable? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2012 1:24 am

Final update- I did it again with just the color and no wood, and it showed 201 white/wood delete cars. Maybe because I was moving all the options around it messed up the numbers, but 201 sounds like a more reasonable number to me.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What Color Do You Think Makes A Wagon Most Valuable?   What Color Do You Think Makes A Wagon Most Valuable? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2012 11:43 am

Mark 96 Roady wrote:
I asked earlier, but maybe no one saw it. Is DCM dark cherry metallic? So my non wood 96 Roadmaster is one of only 1090 made? Wow, I had no idea the production numbers for the wagons were so low. So here is the next question-how many white 96 non wood cars were made?
Mark,you are correct about DCM meaning dark cherry mettallic!
Back to top Go down
rimsvet

PostSubject: Re: What Color Do You Think Makes A Wagon Most Valuable?   What Color Do You Think Makes A Wagon Most Valuable? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2012 10:16 am

Wood delete, Dark Cherry Metallic you say? Well my Buick wagon is a 96 and has these options and I love it and get a lot of compliments. So many in fact, I'm looking for another one. I found one I'd thought I'd share. Somebody here better buy it before I have two!
It's in Illinois.
Here's the dealers site.
http://www.rjmotors.org/inventory_st-charles.html
Back to top Go down
buickwagon

buickwagon

PostSubject: Re: What Color Do You Think Makes A Wagon Most Valuable?   What Color Do You Think Makes A Wagon Most Valuable? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2012 5:42 pm

Interesting:

Mine is the only 95 towpack -- and one of two '95s overall -- in Dark Cherry Metallic with grey accent trim and leather Ruby Red Limited seats.

Only 9 cars had the grey accent trim in 95. All of them were DCM woodgrain delete.
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: What Color Do You Think Makes A Wagon Most Valuable?   What Color Do You Think Makes A Wagon Most Valuable? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2012 6:29 pm

What is the grey accent trim? Have a pic? Curious!
Back to top Go down
buickwagon

buickwagon

PostSubject: Re: What Color Do You Think Makes A Wagon Most Valuable?   What Color Do You Think Makes A Wagon Most Valuable? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2012 8:18 pm

Just some pinstriping:

What Color Do You Think Makes A Wagon Most Valuable? GreyAccentTrim-800
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What Color Do You Think Makes A Wagon Most Valuable?   What Color Do You Think Makes A Wagon Most Valuable? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What Color Do You Think Makes A Wagon Most Valuable?
Page 1 of 1