GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Findng a stock height 17" tire just got easier

Go down 
AuthorMessage
firewood

firewood

Findng a stock height 17" tire just got easier Empty
PostSubject: Findng a stock height 17" tire just got easier   Findng a stock height 17" tire just got easier Icon_minitimeThu Nov 26, 2009 7:35 pm

A 255/55r17 is exactly the same height as stock. The problem has been hardly anyone makes that size. Kumho used to make them, but dropped them a few years back. Only some high dollar truck tires remain. A quick search yielded surprising results.

Federal (off brand but well rated) makes it in a drift tire (?) and a performance tire. The best price I found was $89!
http://ssl.delti.com/cgi-bin/rshop.pl?dsco=135&Cookie=nextag_Federal&details=Ordern&typ=R-133898&ranzahl=4&nichtweiter=1
I'd say that's pretty darn good. I dunno, look around, you could find something even better.

This size keeps you at the same height as a 225/75r15 or 235/70r15 and wont screw your speedo.

FWIW, 275/50r17 are the same height but wider and even harder to find for good $
Back to top Go down

Findng a stock height 17" tire just got easier
Page 1 of 1