GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

So I got hit today...

Go down 
+4
brokecello
Sprocket
toomanytoyz
s1l1sc
8 posters
AuthorMessage
s1l1sc

So I got hit today...  Empty
PostSubject: So I got hit today...    So I got hit today...  Icon_minitimeSun Nov 25, 2012 7:35 pm

Bunch of kids/teens ran into the back. Probably totaled their Honda Accord, both airbags went off, headlights busted, hood bent, etc...

I will probably need a new bumper cover and the gas struts that push it out... will post a few pics once I figure out how.

Could have been a lot worse.
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz

toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: So I got hit today...    So I got hit today...  Icon_minitimeSun Nov 25, 2012 7:39 pm

Damn. That sucks. Sad

Been there, done that, though. I got rear ended by a Saturn in my old Fatwudy. I had big 4" dual exhaust tips and when she hit me, it smooshed the nose of her car in, and cut two nice, perfectly round holes in her plastic bumper, like fog light holes. lol. Wink

Easy fix for you though!
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: So I got hit today...    So I got hit today...  Icon_minitimeSun Nov 25, 2012 8:55 pm

Always sucks but glad its minor for you.

I had a lady rear end me in my truck, scratched my bumper sticker that said **** happens, her whole front end was in the street.
Back to top Go down
s1l1sc

PostSubject: Re: So I got hit today...    So I got hit today...  Icon_minitimeSun Nov 25, 2012 9:12 pm

Ok, size fixed.
First is the damage to the other car, second is my rear bumper, third is the crushed hydraulic piston.
Last one - shows how much the bumper got pushed in... Look at the holes for the plastic oins on the left and right - metal inside bumper piece is covering them on the left, about 1-2 inches space where there is no damage.

So I got hit today...  DSC_0253
So I got hit today...  DSC_0254
So I got hit today...  DSC_0259

So I got hit today...  Bumper-Cover
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: So I got hit today...    So I got hit today...  Icon_minitimeSun Nov 25, 2012 9:46 pm

Reason #1 I haven't lowered my cars
Back to top Go down
brokecello
brokecello

PostSubject: Re: So I got hit today...    So I got hit today...  Icon_minitimeSun Nov 25, 2012 11:25 pm

sorry man! You can likely push those bumper struts back out. Tough wagon!!

Chris
Back to top Go down
http://www.ChrisPowellmusic.com

PostSubject: Re: So I got hit today...    So I got hit today...  Icon_minitimeSun Nov 25, 2012 11:27 pm

Glad you are OK and the damage wasnt too bad!Hope the honda owner was well insured!
Back to top Go down
s1l1sc

PostSubject: Re: So I got hit today...    So I got hit today...  Icon_minitimeSat Dec 01, 2012 11:22 am

So I got the insurance adjustor out yesterday - he is estimating $1200 to repair and possibly a totaled wagon...

Going to take the check and find a good local place to have the hydraulic piston looked at - should have enough left over to address either the AC or the non-working ABS brakes.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So I got hit today...    So I got hit today...  Icon_minitimeSat Dec 01, 2012 2:10 pm

toomanytoyz wrote:
Damn. That sucks. Sad

Been there, done that, though. I got rear ended by a Saturn in my old Fatwudy. I had big 4" dual exhaust tips and when she hit me, it smooshed the nose of her car in, and cut two nice, perfectly round holes in her plastic bumper, like fog light holes. lol. Wink

Easy fix for you though!
Would have loved to see that Saturn stuck to the back of your wagon like scishkabob! lol!
Back to top Go down
buickwagon

buickwagon

PostSubject: Re: So I got hit today...    So I got hit today...  Icon_minitimeSat Dec 01, 2012 9:16 pm

s1l1sc wrote:
So I got the insurance adjustor out yesterday - he is estimating $1200 to repair and possibly a totaled wagon...

Huh??? Totaled?
Back to top Go down
s1l1sc

PostSubject: Re: So I got hit today...    So I got hit today...  Icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2012 6:52 pm

Yup totaled. NADA is $2080, repairs are $1600. 75% cost is totaled. Once you ad the cost of a rental car while it is in the shop it is over 75%.

Buying it back from insurance for $500 and getting a check for $1580. Due to some weird provision in SC law it will not even have a salvage title since the actual repair estimate actually is point-something under 75% of value.

Go figure...

So, do i fix the back bumper with the payout or look for another wagon? there is a nice clean 2005 listed locally for $2500... needs AC system, but so does my '91
Back to top Go down
JoeT

JoeT

PostSubject: Re: So I got hit today...    So I got hit today...  Icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2012 7:16 pm

If the 95 is as nice as you hope, buy it and don't look back!

Then put a low-cost fix on the 91 and sell it.

Just my $.02
Back to top Go down
DROLDS2U

DROLDS2U

PostSubject: Re: So I got hit today...    So I got hit today...  Icon_minitimeTue Dec 04, 2012 5:05 pm

damn, they say its totalled, you could drive it that way and nobody would know you were hit,id put the money away and keep driving it
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

PostSubject: Re: So I got hit today...    So I got hit today...  Icon_minitimeTue Dec 04, 2012 5:15 pm

$1600 for a bumper, paint and shocks? No wonder insurance rates are so high...
Back to top Go down
brokecello
brokecello

PostSubject: Re: So I got hit today...    So I got hit today...  Icon_minitimeTue Dec 04, 2012 9:31 pm

Id buy that DGGM woody....110k on it right? Also a DCM woody for sale across from the Target in Taylors.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ChrisPowellmusic.com
s1l1sc

PostSubject: Re: So I got hit today...    So I got hit today...  Icon_minitimeTue Dec 04, 2012 9:59 pm

Saving the old one, contacted the seller on this one:
http://raleigh.craigslist.org/cto/3425851442.html (potential parts car)

Running the numbers on buying this one. Not sure if I have enough. If I don't i'll try for the parts car and fix things myself:
http://charlotte.craigslist.org/cto/3450476603.html

Also considering this (like the color)
http://asheville.craigslist.org/cto/3437780862.html

And possibly this:
http://charlotte.craigslist.org/cto/3427895199.htm

brokecello, do you have a link?l
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So I got hit today...    So I got hit today...  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

So I got hit today...