GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

OCC lower trim.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
no moa

no moa

OCC lower trim.  Empty
PostSubject: OCC lower trim.    OCC lower trim.  Icon_minitimeThu Dec 13, 2012 8:04 am

Going to strip this 91 occ wagon, what is the best way to get the cladding? or trim i guess off without breaking it? Is it clipped on on the back side? I couldn't see anything that jumped out to say remove me here.

Thanks
GLen
Back to top Go down
http://www.collectorfbody.com

OCC lower trim.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: OCC lower trim.    OCC lower trim.  Icon_minitimeThu Dec 13, 2012 9:09 am

There are screws on the back side, One at the front of the door, one at the back. I believe the rest is just clips. I don't remember on the cladding I scored at the JY...

Fred K. or Sprocket would know.
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

OCC lower trim.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: OCC lower trim.    OCC lower trim.  Icon_minitimeThu Dec 13, 2012 10:00 am

The door trim has 11mm castle nuts at all 4 corners. There are attachment braces along the bottom of the doors that come off by removing the lower castle nuts. They are also held on with push pins along the chrome strip on top. The front fender is held on by a phillips screw on the bottom, and in the wheel opening along with a couple of pins along the top. The rear quarter has phillips screws along the wheel opening and a screw or two along the bottom and in the door opening. It also has a row of pins along the top.

If you have trouble removing the phillips screws, grab the head, and point (ends) with a channel locks, and give them a good wiggling. That should break them loose so they are easy to remove with a screwdriver. /whenever I remove trim, I do this first, and have had no problem with the screws. If you do not, 90% of them will be impossible to remove, and you will strip the head of the screw.

If you are getting rid of the trim, I would not mind having it at a reasonable price.
Back to top Go down
no moa

no moa

OCC lower trim.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: OCC lower trim.    OCC lower trim.  Icon_minitimeThu Dec 13, 2012 10:12 am

Thank you very much, i'll give this a try.

I'll let you know when i remove them and you can have first dibs.

Should be after the first of the year as i'm finishing up a 95 9c1 right now.
Back to top Go down
http://www.collectorfbody.com
Sprocket

Sprocket

OCC lower trim.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: OCC lower trim.    OCC lower trim.  Icon_minitimeThu Dec 13, 2012 10:24 pm

Fred covered it pretty well above. the 91 cladding mounts on little tits (like RMW) trim along the top, careful of bending back of cladding while removing. Totally different in 92, go figure.

Have fun.
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

OCC lower trim.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: OCC lower trim.    OCC lower trim.  Icon_minitimeThu Dec 13, 2012 11:49 pm

Sprocket wrote:
Fred covered it pretty well above. the 91 cladding mounts on little tits (like RMW) trim along the top, careful of bending back of cladding while removing. Totally different in 92, go figure.

Have fun.

The OCC trim is distinctly different from the RMW trim. The RMW trim has metal T pins welded to the door, and the OCC trim has pins that fit into nylon grommets in the body panels and doors (the RMW, front points and fender trim are mounted in a similar fashion). They are easy to break off, and at best difficult to replace. The 91 trim is different from the 92 trim as well (91s are a PITA, almost like a rigged up afterthought job).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

OCC lower trim.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: OCC lower trim.    OCC lower trim.  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

OCC lower trim.
Page 1 of 1