GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

swapping the lugpattern

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
sleepyzombie

swapping the lugpattern Empty
PostSubject: swapping the lugpattern   swapping the lugpattern Icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2013 6:17 pm

Have a bit of a noob question. I know that our wagons are truck lug pattern. I was wondering if there is a way to swap out the hubs for Corvette/Camaro light pattern? I'd really like to fit some Corvette sawblades on my OCC.
Back to top Go down
jayoldschool

jayoldschool

PostSubject: Re: swapping the lugpattern   swapping the lugpattern Icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2013 7:07 pm

Yes, you use third gen Camaro 1LE package rotors. The correct size with the small pattern. However, no ABS tone rings. You either machine the back of the rotor to put on the rings, or lose the ABS. In the rear, you just pop out the lugs, mark the axle for the small pattern, drill, and pull the lugs back in place. You don't need to remove the axles if you use stock length lugs. Drill the drums to match.

However, I think sawblades have too much offset... soooo, just use bolt on adapters to convert your car to small pattern. Double check, of course.
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: swapping the lugpattern   swapping the lugpattern Icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2013 9:39 pm

Or, if you need the offset, just buy adapters like a number of other people and bolt it on. I know DIlbert 9c1 from the ISSF is running C5 rims in his 9c1 with adapters and no issues.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: swapping the lugpattern   swapping the lugpattern Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

swapping the lugpattern
Page 1 of 1