GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

2 Bettys and Big Wood

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
turbojimmy

2 Bettys and Big Wood Empty
PostSubject: 2 Bettys and Big Wood   2 Bettys and Big Wood Icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2013 4:24 pm

Swapped the rear wiper motor from The Betty to Black Betty today. My stretched Fleetwood (aka Big Wood) is on the left. We're keeping The Betty here at my place so I can take the drivetrain out of it.

2 Bettys and Big Wood Bettys_zpsae54e548
Back to top Go down
silverfox103
silverfox103

PostSubject: Re: 2 Bettys and Big Wood   2 Bettys and Big Wood Icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2013 4:57 pm

Don't park under any trees.

Tom
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 2 Bettys and Big Wood   2 Bettys and Big Wood Icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2013 5:55 pm

Dont park NEAR any trees either! Cool
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: 2 Bettys and Big Wood   2 Bettys and Big Wood Icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2013 6:11 pm

Nice to have a parts car right???
Back to top Go down
turbojimmy

PostSubject: Re: 2 Bettys and Big Wood   2 Bettys and Big Wood Icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2013 10:21 pm

Flasheroo wrote:
Dont park NEAR any trees either! Cool

I know. When The Betty was crushed, she was 60 feet away from that tree. Trouble is the tree was 75 feet tall.

And, it is nice having a parts car. But we don't have room for them. It's tough to predict what we might need so I hate to see them go. But, I'm snagging the engine, trans, wiring harness and PCM from the '96. I think we're just going to have the '94 hauled away - it's thoroughly trashed.
Back to top Go down
AlmostaBuick

AlmostaBuick

PostSubject: Re: 2 Bettys and Big Wood   2 Bettys and Big Wood Icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2013 11:05 pm

Whats all that white stuff all over everything?
Do you live next to a styrofoam factory?

Kidding. I'm sorry to hear about a cool car being ruined that way.
Back to top Go down
turbojimmy

PostSubject: Re: 2 Bettys and Big Wood   2 Bettys and Big Wood Icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2013 11:20 pm

We've been getting what I call "nuisance" snow over the past week or so. A light dusting of it daily. Not enough to shovel, but enough to make driving the limo kind of interesting. It's going to be warm (by NJ-in-February standards) over the next few days, so I'm hoping the driveway clears itself of that white stuff.
Back to top Go down
s1l1sc

PostSubject: Re: 2 Bettys and Big Wood   2 Bettys and Big Wood Icon_minitimeWed Feb 06, 2013 7:59 pm

Let us know before you have it hauled... people are always looking for parts...
Back to top Go down
turbojimmy

PostSubject: Re: 2 Bettys and Big Wood   2 Bettys and Big Wood Icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2013 5:47 pm

s1l1sc wrote:
Let us know before you have it hauled... people are always looking for parts...

The new wagon (Black Betty) needs very little. The white car was in fairly decent shape before the tree fell on it. In addition to the drivetrain, we're taking the front seats and 3rd row seat out of it. The rest is up for grabs.

My goal is to have the drivetrain out if it before the end of February, then it's getting hauled out.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2 Bettys and Big Wood   2 Bettys and Big Wood Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

2 Bettys and Big Wood
Page 1 of 1