GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Bull's Family Hauler

Go down 
+6
Krzdimond
Sprocket
JoeT
silverfox103
81X11
Bull
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Bull

Bull

Bull's Family Hauler Empty
PostSubject: Bull's Family Hauler   Bull's Family Hauler Icon_minitimeSat Feb 09, 2013 10:43 pm

Some of you might know me already.

I wanted a RMW for a long time before I finally was able to pick one up last fall. It's a '95 tow-pack car with just under 160k on the clock. I drive it to work every day (but only have a short commute) and it serves as my family-hauler since I can't stand my wife's rink-a-dink Malibu Maxx and using my pickup as a family vehicle is impractical.

As with most cars that have 160k on the clock, mine is tired and could use all kinds of maintenance and improvements. But, while I have young kids in school, there is not much extra money to throw at this thing. So, some upgrades will have to remain pipe dreams. Therefore, I won't be "wowing" any of you here with my awesome machine. It's a mostly stock vehicle that I am going to maintain and play with when needed or as I am able.

I don't have any great photos right now, but just finished installing a new digital receiver from Crutchfield in the car a few moments ago. While I was waiting for my heater to cool down, I snapped some pics to put here in my intro thread. Please excuse my messy garage; multiple projects have made it cramped and dirty this season.

Bull's Family Hauler 100_8289_zps896b9750

Bull's Family Hauler 100_8290_zpsae3969c4

Here is the stereo. Nothing amazing, but I am SO happy to have it. My car only came equipped with a radio, no CD player, and FM radio drives me crazy. For around $129, I got this thing that has Bluetooth for my phone and which can play music from an iPod/MP3 player or a USB memory stick. I mounted the microphone for the Bluetooth on top of the steering column; I hope that yields decent results.
Bull's Family Hauler 100_8284_zpsff9fd74a

Other things about me: I am in Mass., am a lifelong GM/Pontiac guy, love old barns, and moderate a tool and garage forum.

I love these cars and look forward to learning as much as I can here.
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Bull's Family Hauler   Bull's Family Hauler Icon_minitimeSat Feb 09, 2013 11:07 pm

Great colors! Welcome to the forum!

-Mike
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Bull's Family Hauler   Bull's Family Hauler Icon_minitimeSat Feb 09, 2013 11:08 pm

Wait....red GTO in the garage new to the wagon???
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bull's Family Hauler   Bull's Family Hauler Icon_minitimeSat Feb 09, 2013 11:12 pm

Welcome Bull,hey we think these wagons are pretty awesome whether bonestock or highly
customized!
Back to top Go down
silverfox103
silverfox103

PostSubject: Re: Bull's Family Hauler   Bull's Family Hauler Icon_minitimeSat Feb 09, 2013 11:23 pm

Nice looking wagon, I think I know you from the "BADASS" forum. You'll like it over here also, good guys and a lot of wagon help.

Tom C.
Back to top Go down
Bull

Bull

PostSubject: Re: Bull's Family Hauler   Bull's Family Hauler Icon_minitimeSun Feb 10, 2013 12:29 am

81X11 wrote:
Wait....red GTO in the garage new to the wagon???

Thanks for the welcome and wow, good eye. Yes, there is a '69 GTO in there. At one time, when I was young and free, I owned I think five old Pontiacs at once. Now, I'm down to two: the Goat and a '76 Trans Am.

Bull's Family Hauler 100_8075_zps98d2dd24

Bull's Family Hauler 100_7567

Flasheroo wrote:
Welcome Bull,hey we think these wagons are pretty awesome whether bonestock or highly
customized!

Thank you, and I am glad to hear that.

silverfox103 wrote:
Nice looking wagon, I think I know you from the "BADASS" forum. You'll like it over here also, good guys and a lot of wagon help.

Tom C.

Hi Tom, and yessir, I am over on BAONE.
Back to top Go down
JoeT

JoeT

PostSubject: Re: Bull's Family Hauler   Bull's Family Hauler Icon_minitimeSun Feb 10, 2013 8:35 am

Welcome, Bull!

Glad to meet another Pontiac fanatic; nice looking cars you got there!
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: Bull's Family Hauler   Bull's Family Hauler Icon_minitimeSun Feb 10, 2013 9:34 am

Love that color combo. First wagon I looked to buy was that combo. Loved it, but not the sellers asking price, lol.

Nice T/A too. Love the 75-78s the best of the second gen. Welcome aboard.
Back to top Go down
Krzdimond
Admin
Krzdimond

PostSubject: Re: Bull's Family Hauler   Bull's Family Hauler Icon_minitimeSun Feb 10, 2013 3:29 pm

Welcome!

I'm kinda partial to the '08-'09 Black G8 GT. The wife has an '09 GT in Pacific Slate Met. (1 of 168 made in that color)
Back to top Go down
Krash Kadillak

Krash Kadillak

PostSubject: Re: Bull's Family Hauler   Bull's Family Hauler Icon_minitimeSun Feb 10, 2013 3:44 pm

Small world!

Welcome!
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz

toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: Bull's Family Hauler   Bull's Family Hauler Icon_minitimeSun Feb 10, 2013 4:47 pm

Sup Dude? Glad ya made it! Still have mad bird envy over here... Wink
Back to top Go down
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: Bull's Family Hauler   Bull's Family Hauler Icon_minitimeSun Feb 10, 2013 5:55 pm

Welcome... I trust your from Nu Hampsu? Be sure and get on our made in the members section. Need more pics of the garage!!
Back to top Go down
yakko

yakko

PostSubject: Re: Bull's Family Hauler   Bull's Family Hauler Icon_minitimeSun Feb 10, 2013 10:09 pm

Welcome!

Nice cars! Is that a 455? I don't know what engines they put in that year Trans Am.

White! Nice
Back to top Go down
Bull

Bull

PostSubject: Re: Bull's Family Hauler   Bull's Family Hauler Icon_minitimeSun Feb 10, 2013 10:23 pm

JoeT wrote:
Welcome, Bull!

Glad to meet another Pontiac fanatic; nice looking cars you got there!

Thanks, Joe. Yep, have had the Pontiac sickness since middle school. I used to drive that GTO in the field when it was champagne colored and my brother was storing it in the small garage here, and the property was still owned by my grandparents. My mom helped me buy the car in 1994. What a great mom!

Sprocket wrote:
Love that color combo. First wagon I looked to buy was that combo. Loved it, but not the sellers asking price, lol.

Nice T/A too. Love the 75-78s the best of the second gen. Welcome aboard.

Thanks very much. I am partial to the colors, too, and even the wood over wood-delete. I think I paid $2700 for the wagon. The price had actually gone DOWN by about $500 between the time I saw it on Craigslist and the time it ended up on a used car lot, where the CL seller had traded it in.

Krzdimond wrote:
Welcome!

I'm kinda partial to the '08-'09 Black G8 GT. The wife has an '09 GT in Pacific Slate Met. (1 of 168 made in that color)

I wish I could say that the G8 was mine. It actually belongs to a buddy of mine, who was here the day I took that photo. It's a great car, for sure.

Krash Kadillak wrote:
Small world!

Welcome!

Indeed, what is this, three sites now? Four?

toomanytoyz wrote:
Sup Dude? Glad ya made it! Still have mad bird envy over here... Wink

Thanks. I owe you a PM, I know.

BigBlackBeaSSt wrote:
Welcome... I trust your from Nu Hampsu? Be sure and get on our made in the members section. Need more pics of the garage!!

I wish I was in New Hampshire. I'm in Mass. What section should I go to? Made in?

yakko wrote:
Welcome!

Nice cars! Is that a 455? I don't know what engines they put in that year Trans Am.

White! Nice

Thank you. Both the TA and the GTO have Pontiac 400s. The one in the GTO has been bored to 412; the engine in the TA is freshly rebuilt. but by the PO so I don't have the specs for it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bull's Family Hauler   Bull's Family Hauler Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bull's Family Hauler
Page 1 of 1