GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

A new RMW joins the family!

Go down 
+9
Deadmanonduty
phantom 309
Cadet57
mtrhead79
jasonlachapelle
95BRMW
jimbeau
DBeaSSt
Lynol
13 posters
AuthorMessage
Lynol

Lynol

A new RMW joins the family! Empty
PostSubject: A new RMW joins the family!   A new RMW joins the family! Icon_minitimeSat Feb 11, 2012 9:45 pm

And no, I don't mean my "family" of cars, I mean my actual family. After a fairly brief search this past month and a half, I found this '96 Limited RMW that my step-Dad bought from a guy named Mr. Uber two weeks ago. The car is very, very nice. Mr. Uber (75 years old) bought this car new in February of 1997. He had owned several Buick wagons going back to a clamshell Buick Estate. When he heard they were ending production of the Roadmasters, he traded in his '93 RMW early. He said there was virtually no negotiating allowed by the dealer for these last brand new RMWs. Apparently there were a bunch of people trying to get them. He wanted a Limited wagon in a light color, so his local Buick dealer found one in WV where a dealer down there had bought as many as he could before production ended. Sticker price was $31,665. This car has every option EXCEPT the CD player! The car right now has just under 50,000 miles. And the exterior is very clean; I didn't even know the tail lights and black belt trim were supposed to be shiny! And the car has NO dings or scratches at all; he always parked away from other cars. The interior is as close to new as you can get. The back seat has only been sat in a handful of times, and the cargo area has only been used a few times when they took trips. The carpeted floor mats have always been covered with "clear" plastic mats made for the Roadmaster/Caprice. The weather today was terrible, so the car is covered with 120 miles of road spray, but here it is:
A new RMW joins the family! P1010848
A new RMW joins the family! P1010864
A new RMW joins the family! P1010863
A new RMW joins the family! P1010849
A new RMW joins the family! P1010850
A new RMW joins the family! P1010851
A new RMW joins the family! P1010852
A new RMW joins the family! P1010853
A new RMW joins the family! P1010854
A new RMW joins the family! P1010855
A new RMW joins the family! P1010859
A new RMW joins the family! P1010860
A new RMW joins the family! P1010861
A new RMW joins the family! P1010873
A new RMW joins the family! P1010866
A new RMW joins the family! P1010874
A new RMW joins the family! P1010872
A new RMW joins the family! P1010867A new RMW joins the family! P1010870
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A new RMW joins the family!   A new RMW joins the family! Icon_minitimeSat Feb 11, 2012 10:11 pm

Wow,thats a beautiful wagon!Looks like your dad has a keeper thanks to you.Looks like a brand
new wagon and the story about the dealers buying all the wagons they could get in 96 sounds
typical.Great find Lionel and why dont you get your dad to join us now that he has a wagon?
Jim
Back to top Go down
DBeaSSt
Admin
DBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: A new RMW joins the family!   A new RMW joins the family! Icon_minitimeSat Feb 11, 2012 10:20 pm

Very nice find! I do hope garaged storage is in it's future. Wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.prosise.name
Lynol

Lynol

PostSubject: Re: A new RMW joins the family!   A new RMW joins the family! Icon_minitimeSat Feb 11, 2012 10:34 pm

DBeaSSt wrote:
Very nice find! I do hope garaged storage is in it's future. Wink
I wish, but no one in the family has a garage. He did buy a custom cover for it for like $250. That ought to be pretty good.
Back to top Go down
jimbeau

PostSubject: Re: A new RMW joins the family!   A new RMW joins the family! Icon_minitimeSat Feb 11, 2012 10:35 pm

I'm digging the close up of the turn signal stalk. He must be like me & never use it.
Back to top Go down
95BRMW

95BRMW

PostSubject: Re: A new RMW joins the family!   A new RMW joins the family! Icon_minitimeSat Feb 11, 2012 11:21 pm

Great looking car, I never knew that the rear lights could shine like that!
Back to top Go down
jasonlachapelle

jasonlachapelle

PostSubject: Re: A new RMW joins the family!   A new RMW joins the family! Icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2012 8:41 am

Very nice. Take it to the track and see what it can do.
Back to top Go down
mtrhead79

mtrhead79

PostSubject: Re: A new RMW joins the family!   A new RMW joins the family! Icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2012 9:11 am

that looks sweet. always like getting history on cars
Back to top Go down
http://mtrhead79@aol.com
Cadet57

Cadet57

PostSubject: Re: A new RMW joins the family!   A new RMW joins the family! Icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2012 10:46 am

Wow! Just wow. It's like looking at a brand new car.

I wish mine looked 1/16th that good. Laughing
Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

PostSubject: Re: A new RMW joins the family!   A new RMW joins the family! Icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2012 12:19 pm

How much did you guys pay for it?
looks really nice,.is your step dad going to use it hard?

Nick
Back to top Go down
Deadmanonduty

PostSubject: Re: A new RMW joins the family!   A new RMW joins the family! Icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2012 9:06 am

Awesome find! Sell it to me! Smile
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: A new RMW joins the family!   A new RMW joins the family! Icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2012 10:49 am

That thing is flat gorgeous. I'm drooling over the pics.

I REALLY hate to hear it's going to sit outside in all your weather up there. Is he planning to drive it in the salt or is it at least a sunny-day cruiser and boat tow'er?

It really is gorgeous. If I came across a clean low mile on like that as much as it'd hurt my '96 would be up for sale.

SHARP!!!

-Mike
Back to top Go down
MarcinV8

MarcinV8

PostSubject: Re: A new RMW joins the family!   A new RMW joins the family! Icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2012 12:24 pm

I wish my wagon would look like that.. awesome!
Back to top Go down
Lynol

Lynol

PostSubject: Re: A new RMW joins the family!   A new RMW joins the family! Icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2012 1:00 pm

81X11 wrote:

I REALLY hate to hear it's going to sit outside in all your weather up there. Is he planning to drive it in the salt or is it at least a sunny-day cruiser and boat tow'er?

It really is gorgeous. If I came across a clean low mile on like that as much as it'd hurt my '96 would be up for sale.

SHARP!!!

-Mike
Yeah, he'd love to have a garage but there's no room on the lot (at least that's Mom's stand on that issue). He bought a pretty nice custom cover, supposed to block UV rays and rain, so that will have to do. I tried to impart to him how amazing it is that the wood trim is still good. It's not going to really be driven in the winter. Pretty much it will just be used to tow the boat, which will only be in spring and summer. And of course, the occasional drive for outings of more than 4 people.
Back to top Go down
Lynol

Lynol

PostSubject: Re: A new RMW joins the family!   A new RMW joins the family! Icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2012 1:03 pm

BTW, what is this? It was in the car when the original owner bought it. Build sheet or something factory related?
A new RMW joins the family! P1010874
Back to top Go down
Olds Weighty Eight

Olds Weighty Eight

PostSubject: Re: A new RMW joins the family!   A new RMW joins the family! Icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2012 1:24 pm

Yep, that's a build sheet. What's neat is that you can see what day and time it was rolling down the line. That wagon's a great find complete with all documentation. Awesome!
Back to top Go down
http://www.lakelandraceway.com/friends_garage
Lynol

Lynol

PostSubject: Re: A new RMW joins the family!   A new RMW joins the family! Icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2012 1:33 pm

Hmmm. I guess they kept those build sheets rather cryptic. I do see it was made 7/25/96. I wonder when they stopped production of the wagons. I heard production of at least the SS's went into December of '96.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A new RMW joins the family!   A new RMW joins the family! Icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2012 1:35 pm

Lionel ,if I were you I would adopt the car and take over all maintenance and care.That way you
know its being taken care of.Down the road you might end up with it when dad gets too old to drive.
Even offer to chauffeur the old folks when they need to go somewhere into a rough part
of town with crappy roads.You were not joking when you said dad was serious about buying a
nice wagon!

Last edited by Flasheroo on Mon Feb 13, 2012 1:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A new RMW joins the family!   A new RMW joins the family! Icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2012 1:38 pm

That's REALLY cool to find the build sheet. They get put under the rear seats in most cars. Under the second row for us, then?

Hmmm....
Back to top Go down
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: A new RMW joins the family!   A new RMW joins the family! Icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2012 1:44 pm

Nice car Lynol...... I am sure you are pleased with the LT1. Now think 3.73:1's
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: A new RMW joins the family!   A new RMW joins the family! Icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2012 2:44 pm

Lynol wrote:
81X11 wrote:

SHARP!!!

-Mike
Yeah, he'd love to have a garage but there's no room on the lot (at least that's Mom's stand on that issue). He bought a pretty nice custom cover, supposed to block UV rays and rain, so that will have to do. I tried to impart to him how amazing it is that the wood trim is still good. It's not going to really be driven in the winter. Pretty much it will just be used to tow the boat, which will only be in spring and summer. And of course, the occasional drive for outings of more than 4 people.

You might see about having it undercoated....and for sure wax it before putting the cover on it. That sucker is so sharp and fully documented. No it's not a 67 Corvette but still for a wagon that really is in amazing condition. Beg your Mom for some garage space!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A new RMW joins the family!   A new RMW joins the family! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A new RMW joins the family!
Page 1 of 1