GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Wagon two-tone paint options. Anyone got pics?

Go down 
+3
200OZ
1993 Roady-man
ajharman
7 posters
AuthorMessage
ajharman

ajharman

Wagon two-tone paint options. Anyone got pics? Empty
PostSubject: Wagon two-tone paint options. Anyone got pics?   Wagon two-tone paint options. Anyone got pics? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2013 10:41 pm

Want to paint my wagon this summer once I finish some body work and other little things on the exterior. I am going to stay with white as the primary color as I won't be painting the engine bay and want it to match.

Was thinking of doing a two tone with another color (red metallic?) as well if it seems doable to make it stand out a little and give it some more character. I was thinking either white on top with other color on bottom (color break between door handle and bottom of window) or white top and bottom with the other color sandwiched between (like where woodgrain would have been).

Wood is already deleted, probably gonna shave the chrome trim as well since a lot of the clips are already broken and its not in great shape.

Anybody have pics of what they did with theirs? Looking for inspiration.

Total custom show-car type paint jobs are out just due to budget and ability, mainly looking for clean two-tone with a simple scheme and color breaks. Won't be able to do any crazy graphics, layering, airbrushing, etc.

Any pro-tips appreciated as well. Planning on removing doors and tailgate to get the jams at the same time, maybe remove hood as well. How did y'all do yours?

Thanks in advance.
Back to top Go down
1993 Roady-man

1993 Roady-man

PostSubject: Re: Wagon two-tone paint options. Anyone got pics?   Wagon two-tone paint options. Anyone got pics? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2013 10:52 pm

There is a nice Silver and White one on here owned my Mathimself look for pix's of his it's nice.
Back to top Go down
ajharman

ajharman

PostSubject: Re: Wagon two-tone paint options. Anyone got pics?   Wagon two-tone paint options. Anyone got pics? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2013 5:11 pm

1993 Roady-man wrote:

There is a nice Silver and White one on here owned my Mathimself look for pix's of his it's nice.

Yeah I'll have to check that out. I know a couple people on here who have some really clean two-tone paint jobs, yourself included. Definitely post up some pictures if anyone has them of what they did.

How far did people break their cars down to do the spraying?

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
200OZ
200OZ

PostSubject: Re: Wagon two-tone paint options. Anyone got pics?   Wagon two-tone paint options. Anyone got pics? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2013 7:31 pm

Red/white 2 tone might look like an ambulance. Matt's car does look good with the silver/white combo though. Keep it classy, it's a Buick.

Mike
Back to top Go down
ajharman

ajharman

PostSubject: Re: Wagon two-tone paint options. Anyone got pics?   Wagon two-tone paint options. Anyone got pics? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2013 8:56 pm

200OZ wrote:
Red/white 2 tone might look like an ambulance. Matt's car does look good with the silver/white combo though. Keep it classy, it's a Buick.

Mike

Yeah possibly, don't know. Just trying to think of what would look good. Plum crazy purple metallic maybe? haha
Back to top Go down
MacMasterMike

PostSubject: Re: Wagon two-tone paint options. Anyone got pics?   Wagon two-tone paint options. Anyone got pics? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2013 9:22 pm

Leave it white dont ruin it.
Back to top Go down
ajharman

ajharman

PostSubject: Re: Wagon two-tone paint options. Anyone got pics?   Wagon two-tone paint options. Anyone got pics? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2013 9:50 pm

MacMasterMike wrote:
Leave it white dont ruin it.

I disagree. Like anything, I think it can look good if it's done well and tastefully chosen. It's all personal taste though. It will still be at least half white, won't be much different than the wood grain that was on it before as far as not just being solid white.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wagon two-tone paint options. Anyone got pics?   Wagon two-tone paint options. Anyone got pics? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2013 10:26 pm

All white wagon is a blank canvas just waiting to be enhanced with color!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wagon two-tone paint options. Anyone got pics?   Wagon two-tone paint options. Anyone got pics? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2013 12:38 am

Something to consider:

The trim for the wood is stainless steel. You can strip it and polish it. Maybe go for a paint color where the wood was, and have the polished trim.

Maybe DCM in there? DCM painted wood? Purple like you said before?

Lots of cool things you could do.
Back to top Go down
1993 Roady-man

1993 Roady-man

PostSubject: Re: Wagon two-tone paint options. Anyone got pics?   Wagon two-tone paint options. Anyone got pics? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2013 8:22 am

what color is your interior?
Back to top Go down
ajharman

ajharman

PostSubject: Re: Wagon two-tone paint options. Anyone got pics?   Wagon two-tone paint options. Anyone got pics? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2013 12:24 pm

Interior is the tan leather. Unfortunately the previous owner is the one who dewooded it, so the wood trim is all gone as well. I was planning on welding in all the trim holes and just painting over. I actually dig the woody look on the wagon, and definitely would have rolled with it if it was still on it when I bought it.

I am actually really liking the purple metallic the more I think about it though. The DCM would look good as well.

Not sure if it would look better top and bottom different colors or sandwiched like the woodgrain was.
Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

PostSubject: Re: Wagon two-tone paint options. Anyone got pics?   Wagon two-tone paint options. Anyone got pics? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2013 9:50 pm

Wagon two-tone paint options. Anyone got pics? 528473_10151251151760976_1736155395_n

it,d work with tan interior
Back to top Go down
ajharman

ajharman

PostSubject: Re: Wagon two-tone paint options. Anyone got pics?   Wagon two-tone paint options. Anyone got pics? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2013 9:53 pm

phantom 309 wrote:
Wagon two-tone paint options. Anyone got pics? 528473_10151251151760976_1736155395_n

it,d work with tan interior

That's actually really similar to what I was thinking, but swap to put the white on top, that way it matches my engine bay.
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: Wagon two-tone paint options. Anyone got pics?   Wagon two-tone paint options. Anyone got pics? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2013 10:11 pm

Check out cuSStom.com tons of wagony pics there!
Back to top Go down
ajharman

ajharman

PostSubject: Re: Wagon two-tone paint options. Anyone got pics?   Wagon two-tone paint options. Anyone got pics? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2013 10:38 pm

Sprocket wrote:
Check out cuSStom.com tons of wagony pics there!

Good call Sprocket. There are a ton of pics over there, not sure how I didn't know about this. Getting some good ideas already....
Back to top Go down
94X2

94X2

PostSubject: Re: Wagon two-tone paint options. Anyone got pics?   Wagon two-tone paint options. Anyone got pics? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2013 4:59 pm

Carolina Blue would be a MUCH better color than red lol!

Jon
Back to top Go down
ajharman

ajharman

PostSubject: Re: Wagon two-tone paint options. Anyone got pics?   Wagon two-tone paint options. Anyone got pics? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2013 8:44 pm

94X2 wrote:
Carolina Blue would be a MUCH better color than red lol!

Jon

haha that cuts me deep Jon. I think going to NC State may have ruined that color for me forever lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wagon two-tone paint options. Anyone got pics?   Wagon two-tone paint options. Anyone got pics? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 01, 2013 8:15 am

My '91 wagon was silver with a heavy flake bue roof. Looked cool and sparkled like diamonds in the sky.......
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wagon two-tone paint options. Anyone got pics?   Wagon two-tone paint options. Anyone got pics? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wagon two-tone paint options. Anyone got pics?
Page 1 of 1