GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Embarressed my wife yesterday, but proud of my kids!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
81X11

81X11

Embarressed my wife yesterday, but proud of my kids! Empty
PostSubject: Embarressed my wife yesterday, but proud of my kids!   Embarressed my wife yesterday, but proud of my kids! Icon_minitimeSun Mar 03, 2013 2:03 pm

I dropped the Custom Cruiser off yesterday morning for the new rear bumper paint, then loaded my wife and the 5 kids into the Denali. Goregeous day, we went down into Austin for lunch and then went to Zilker Park, the kig city park on the river downtown. Kids played on the playground and then we rode the train, and all had a good time.

After that we decided to go site-see a little downtown. We had all the windows down on the Denali, and I had just turned on to 6th street, which is where all the clubs, the tattoo shops, the junk shops, and some pubs/good resteraunts are. Always fun to people watch.

We're driving slow, about 30mph, just looking around.....and that's when "my" white 1992 Custom Cruiser passes us on the right doing about 40mph.... All five kids yell HAYYY THEREE'SS OURR WAGONN!!! affraid

I was shocked. Were the body shop guys out cruising in my car?? The Cruiser was a full two blocks ahead of us by now and it went from four lanes to two. I put my foot down in the Denali, the kids cheer "Catch it, Catch it!" and Misty growls "slow down!".

When I got close there was a van between me and the Cruiser, and no way to pass. Sat through three blocks of traffic lights and then got around the van.

Not my car....whew, but it IS a white 1992 Custom Cruiser...first one I've seen on the road here since buying mine. The road opened up and I was able to get a better look. Same wheels, but dirty, windows dark-tinted like mine, front windows are down. I pull up at a light directly beside the Cruiser, and from the rear window my son Eddie leans out and says NICE CAR!, and gives a thumbs up. Misty, next to me up front, is mortified... Very Happy

It's a younger couple, and I lean out and say "I like your car, I have it's twin at home". The guy driving smiles and the woman in the passenger seat says "Well you want to buy this one?"......at the same second I hear Misty say "NO!" and the guy driving the Cruiser is also shaking his head. Ha!

The light changed and we followed the car a few more blocks before it turned off. Body is straight, but dirty. There is paint missing on the top of the front bumper. Blue leather inside. Can tell its a well-used vehicle but not beat up or rusty. Texas plates.

Really neat to see another one here in town! Such fun!

-Mike
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Embarressed my wife yesterday, but proud of my kids!   Embarressed my wife yesterday, but proud of my kids! Icon_minitimeSun Mar 03, 2013 4:27 pm

The fact it was dirty should have told you instantly that it wasnt your wagon!Cute story and
kind of silly too!
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz

toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: Embarressed my wife yesterday, but proud of my kids!   Embarressed my wife yesterday, but proud of my kids! Icon_minitimeSun Mar 03, 2013 7:39 pm

Soooo... How much? Wink
Back to top Go down
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: Embarressed my wife yesterday, but proud of my kids!   Embarressed my wife yesterday, but proud of my kids! Icon_minitimeSun Mar 03, 2013 8:07 pm

Yes I confess, I am also a wagon stalker!!!!
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: Embarressed my wife yesterday, but proud of my kids!   Embarressed my wife yesterday, but proud of my kids! Icon_minitimeSun Mar 03, 2013 10:00 pm

Yeah, how much? Didn't pass off a long roof card, sheesh you're slacking'!
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Embarressed my wife yesterday, but proud of my kids!   Embarressed my wife yesterday, but proud of my kids! Icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2013 6:25 am

Oh you could tell the guy didn't want to sell it. When she asked if I wanted to buy it he was shaking his head NO! Ahaha. It was funny, they were just like Misty and me.

Did not have time there leaning out my window at a red light to invite him to the forum, but hopefully he'll go online looking for an answer and find his way here.

Fun times!

-Mike
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Embarressed my wife yesterday, but proud of my kids!   Embarressed my wife yesterday, but proud of my kids! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Embarressed my wife yesterday, but proud of my kids!
Page 1 of 1