GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

New here from Clover South Carolina

Go down 
+7
uxwbill
200OZ
toomanytoyz
sherlock9c1
Sprocket
COL
Mrg89
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Mrg89

Mrg89

New here from Clover South Carolina Empty
PostSubject: New here from Clover South Carolina   New here from Clover South Carolina Icon_minitimeSun Apr 14, 2013 7:35 pm

I just recently purchased a 1994 Chevy Caprice Wagon with 38,000 original miles.
5.7 liter with every option.
Gray interior.
Not sure if i want to cusomize it, leave it alone or just sell it to someone who would appreciate its "stockness" if thats a word.

I have long been a Mustang guy...Dont delete me already, I've a few chevy's too.

Let me know what you think.

Last edited by Mrg89 on Mon Apr 15, 2013 7:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
COL

COL

PostSubject: Re: New here from Clover South Carolina   New here from Clover South Carolina Icon_minitimeSun Apr 14, 2013 7:58 pm

Is it for sale?
Back to top Go down
Mrg89

Mrg89

PostSubject: Re: New here from Clover South Carolina   New here from Clover South Carolina Icon_minitimeSun Apr 14, 2013 8:05 pm

yes, i have it listed, kind of a feeler.

In craigslist charlotte nc 1994 caprice
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: New here from Clover South Carolina   New here from Clover South Carolina Icon_minitimeSun Apr 14, 2013 10:05 pm

Nice car! Welcome aboard
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New here from Clover South Carolina   New here from Clover South Carolina Icon_minitimeSun Apr 14, 2013 10:23 pm

Thats a more than fair price for a 38,000 mile Caprice.Welcome to the group and there's nothing wrong with a Mustang especially a 68 fastback,a bonestock fastback!
Back to top Go down
sherlock9c1

PostSubject: Re: New here from Clover South Carolina   New here from Clover South Carolina Icon_minitimeSun Apr 14, 2013 10:53 pm

Swing the tailgate out and there's an option code sticker inside behind the right taillight. Post up a pic and we can help you figure out what mechanical options it has.

I would not mod that car. There are not many cars left in that condition and if you modify it, you will only hurt its value. About the most I would do is springs and shocks.
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz

toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: New here from Clover South Carolina   New here from Clover South Carolina Icon_minitimeSun Apr 14, 2013 10:54 pm

Sweet score! Welcome! Very Happy

Even if you are a mustang guy... Razz
Back to top Go down
200OZ
200OZ

PostSubject: Re: New here from Clover South Carolina   New here from Clover South Carolina Icon_minitimeSun Apr 14, 2013 11:37 pm

Welcome, I checked out your ad..... Yeah, that's a nice car, really nice. White no wood, gray cloth, no tow pack. I would think ebay would be your best bet though. How did you end up owning it?

http://charlotte.craigslist.org/cto/3742994956.html
New here from Clover South Carolina 3Eb3G13N35N15K65Hbd4e55c23e749c3d1c47
Back to top Go down
uxwbill

uxwbill

PostSubject: Re: New here from Clover South Carolina   New here from Clover South Carolina Icon_minitimeMon Apr 15, 2013 12:26 am

That's one beautiful wagon! With the low mileage and condition it's in...I would not modify it. Mine is a year older, has more miles (86,xxx), isn't quite that clean and I don't plan to modify it. Just swapping one Delco radio (the stock UM6) for another Delco radio (UX1, with AM stereo) was enough to make me feel guilty, so I didn't do it.
Back to top Go down
http://greyghost.mooo.com/
1phastsswagon

1phastsswagon

PostSubject: Re: New here from Clover South Carolina   New here from Clover South Carolina Icon_minitimeMon Apr 15, 2013 1:06 am

Wait you just got it,and now looking to sell it?? SMH
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/carissmacom/home
Mrg89

Mrg89

PostSubject: Re: New here from Clover South Carolina   New here from Clover South Carolina Icon_minitimeMon Apr 15, 2013 7:39 pm

sherlock9c1 wrote:
Swing the tailgate out and there's an option code sticker inside behind the right taillight. Post up a pic and we can help you figure out what mechanical options it has.

I would not mod that car. There are not many cars left in that condition and if you modify it, you will only hurt its value. About the most I would do is springs and shocks.

I put the codes at the beginning of the post.

Thanks for any help with the codes.
Back to top Go down
Mrg89

Mrg89

PostSubject: Re: New here from Clover South Carolina   New here from Clover South Carolina Icon_minitimeMon Apr 15, 2013 7:55 pm

[quote="200OZ"]Welcome, I checked out your ad..... Yeah, that's a nice car, really nice. White no wood, gray cloth, no tow pack. I would think ebay would be your best bet though. How did you end up owning it?

I was at the right place at the right time.
Seriously though.
The original owner drove a 1951 Packard antil she bought this new in 94. She drove it some, but covered it in the barn, got the Packard repaired and drove it until she passed. She willed the car to an older lady who took care of her to the end her life. This lady drove the car (very little) until she passed in 2006. This is how the dent got in the rear drivers side, she kept it in her 7' wide garage. Its incredible it only has so little damage. She willed the car to her son who heartbroken parked it in his garage covered until about 40 days ago. He pulled it out, put tires on the rear, a new batttery and put it up for sale. Its really an amazing time capsule. Still smells new.

Thats the story.
Back to top Go down
sherlock9c1

PostSubject: Re: New here from Clover South Carolina   New here from Clover South Carolina Icon_minitimeMon Apr 15, 2013 10:46 pm

According to the codes, it does not have the towing prep package, the heavy duty suspension, the heavy duty cooling or the limited slip differential. The rear axle ratio is 2.56 vs. the 2.93 option. So it loses some points to enthusiasts but it's not suprising that the woman ordered it that way. 1994 models always bring a bit less due to their smaller side mirrors and older radio setup. The car market seems to be pretty dead right now so if I was you I'd just see what offers come along. If you really want to move it, clean it and detail it, take 50 pictures, and post it on Ebay.
Back to top Go down
chevy5seven

chevy5seven

PostSubject: Re: New here from Clover South Carolina   New here from Clover South Carolina Icon_minitimeThu Apr 18, 2013 11:01 am

Modify it! Stock is only a good place to start. LOL!
Back to top Go down
Mrg89

Mrg89

PostSubject: Re: New here from Clover South Carolina   New here from Clover South Carolina Icon_minitimeThu Apr 18, 2013 11:05 am

that may be the route i go.
Back to top Go down
Andebe

Andebe

PostSubject: Re: New here from Clover South Carolina   New here from Clover South Carolina Icon_minitimeThu Apr 18, 2013 4:30 pm

I want it! P.M. me?
Back to top Go down
Mrg89

Mrg89

PostSubject: Re: New here from Clover South Carolina   New here from Clover South Carolina Icon_minitimeThu Apr 18, 2013 9:00 pm

pm sent
Back to top Go down
Mrg89

Mrg89

PostSubject: Re: New here from Clover South Carolina   New here from Clover South Carolina Icon_minitimeFri Apr 19, 2013 5:30 pm

Andebe wrote:
I want it! P.M. me?

SOLD. you will enjoy it Andy.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New here from Clover South Carolina   New here from Clover South Carolina Icon_minitimeFri Apr 19, 2013 11:31 pm

Happy to see that its staying in the longroof fan club and wont end up with 26s and a Skittles candy paintjob.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New here from Clover South Carolina   New here from Clover South Carolina Icon_minitimeFri Apr 19, 2013 11:35 pm

Wow. That's pretty awesome. Smile
Back to top Go down
Andebe

Andebe

PostSubject: Re: New here from Clover South Carolina   New here from Clover South Carolina Icon_minitimeSat Apr 20, 2013 11:14 am

So excited,cant wait!
Back to top Go down
Mrg89

Mrg89

PostSubject: Re: New here from Clover South Carolina   New here from Clover South Carolina Icon_minitimeSat Apr 20, 2013 11:19 am

when are you flying in???
Back to top Go down
1993 Roady-man

1993 Roady-man

PostSubject: Re: New here from Clover South Carolina   New here from Clover South Carolina Icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2013 8:25 am

One saweet ride. Congrats on sale.
Back to top Go down
Mrg89

Mrg89

PostSubject: Re: New here from Clover South Carolina   New here from Clover South Carolina Icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2013 8:27 am

thanks, andy will enjoy it.
Back to top Go down
Mrg89

Mrg89

PostSubject: Re: New here from Clover South Carolina   New here from Clover South Carolina Icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2013 8:06 pm

Things fell through for Andy. Banks Suck!! No hard feelings here. But, the car is for sale again.
Back to top Go down
Andebe

Andebe

PostSubject: Re: New here from Clover South Carolina   New here from Clover South Carolina Icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2013 12:19 pm

Agreed,someone from this site needs to keep this one in the fold.
Back to top Go down
Mrg89

Mrg89

PostSubject: Re: New here from Clover South Carolina   New here from Clover South Carolina Icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2013 8:36 pm

I got a new wagon, keeping this one, lol. I put them in the "pics and video" section.
let me know what you think.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New here from Clover South Carolina   New here from Clover South Carolina Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New here from Clover South Carolina
Page 1 of 1