GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

I've retired the OCC to cruise-in duty

Go down 
+5
buickestate
silverfox103
toomanytoyz
BigBlackBeaSSt
81X11
9 posters
AuthorMessage
81X11

81X11

I've retired the OCC to cruise-in duty Empty
PostSubject: I've retired the OCC to cruise-in duty   I've retired the OCC to cruise-in duty Icon_minitimeMon May 06, 2013 7:09 pm

Misty loves the new Bonneville I got her (especially the mpg), and since my commute is only about 2-miles each way, I've decided to retire the Custom Cruiser and drive the Denali as my daily commuter/kid hauler.

SO the OCC will no longer be lugging 5 kids to three schools every morning, and then sitting in the Dell parking lot roasting in the heat all summer and being the recipient of careless Honda-owner door-dings. Instead it'll sit clean and cool in shadows of my garage with the GTO, and be used on special trips and for the cruise-in.

The OCC has 68K miles on it now. That's 10K since I bought it last summer. Too much too fast. The Denali has 125K on it and I know as much as I like it I'll be selling it in a few years for a newer Burb, so putting miles on it does not matter. With my short commute, a tank of gas lasts two weeks in the Denali. I can handle that.

I've driven the Denali daily since coming back from my road trip...it proved itself on that run, not one issue! Only had the wagon out once since I got back home, and all I could think was how NICE that wagon is...how clean and new it feels, and how I want to keep it forever.....or at least until Tim wants to sell his 6-spd Roady.

So that's the latest. Feel again like a conformist as I can no longer spot my vehicle easily from the 3rd floor of my office, but if I need to stand out I'll drive the rusty K5 Blazer on some days...or the X-11. Ha!

Take care all. SWAMPED with work, they moved me from Pennsylvania to Kentucky and I have been buried since getting home. Hope you all are doing well!

- Texas Mike!

I've retired the OCC to cruise-in duty Denali077
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I've retired the OCC to cruise-in duty   I've retired the OCC to cruise-in duty Icon_minitimeMon May 06, 2013 7:45 pm

Wise decision and it deserves to be babied and the Denali a sacrificial lamb of sorts!
Back to top Go down
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: I've retired the OCC to cruise-in duty   I've retired the OCC to cruise-in duty Icon_minitimeMon May 06, 2013 9:37 pm

So now it is time to start on that GTO!!
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz

toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: I've retired the OCC to cruise-in duty   I've retired the OCC to cruise-in duty Icon_minitimeMon May 06, 2013 9:49 pm

What GTO? Razz
Back to top Go down
silverfox103
silverfox103

PostSubject: Re: I've retired the OCC to cruise-in duty   I've retired the OCC to cruise-in duty Icon_minitimeMon May 06, 2013 10:03 pm

As I predicted, the CC will soon be on the chopping block. It is one step closer to being out the door.

Tom
Back to top Go down
buickestate
buickestate

PostSubject: Re: I've retired the OCC to cruise-in duty   I've retired the OCC to cruise-in duty Icon_minitimeMon May 06, 2013 10:31 pm

where's the fancy citation with the decal package?
Back to top Go down
silverfox103
silverfox103

PostSubject: Re: I've retired the OCC to cruise-in duty   I've retired the OCC to cruise-in duty Icon_minitimeMon May 06, 2013 10:47 pm

buickestate wrote:

It has been removed from his signature.

Tom
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I've retired the OCC to cruise-in duty   I've retired the OCC to cruise-in duty Icon_minitimeMon May 06, 2013 10:55 pm

Since the 88 Cutlass is still showing,dont believe the Citation or Blazer had yet to be postedDidnt want to jinx things by adding them to his avatar too soon in case something didnt make it back.
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: I've retired the OCC to cruise-in duty   I've retired the OCC to cruise-in duty Icon_minitimeMon May 06, 2013 11:00 pm

buickestate wrote:

I CAN NOT find a shifter cable for it! Runs but can't shift it! It's sitting at my friends shop waiting on a cable.

-Mike
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: I've retired the OCC to cruise-in duty   I've retired the OCC to cruise-in duty Icon_minitimeMon May 06, 2013 11:01 pm

silverfox103 wrote:
As I predicted, the CC will soon be on the chopping block. It is one step closer to being out the door.

Tom

Only if the right LT1 wagon shows up. Other than that, it's staying!
Back to top Go down
sherlock9c1

PostSubject: Re: I've retired the OCC to cruise-in duty   I've retired the OCC to cruise-in duty Icon_minitimeMon May 06, 2013 11:37 pm

Sell the GTO. The wagon is way nicer, and now you have a Blazer to work on.
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: I've retired the OCC to cruise-in duty   I've retired the OCC to cruise-in duty Icon_minitimeTue May 07, 2013 12:02 am

sherlock9c1 wrote:
Sell the GTO. The wagon is way nicer, and now you have a Blazer to work on.

That GTO will be my retirement project if I ever get the five kids out of my house!!

-Mike
Back to top Go down
sherlock9c1

PostSubject: Re: I've retired the OCC to cruise-in duty   I've retired the OCC to cruise-in duty Icon_minitimeTue May 07, 2013 7:03 am

81X11 wrote:
That GTO will be my retirement project if I ever get the five kids out of my house!!
Says the man with more projects than he can shake a stick at.

Cynicism aside - one of the things I realized about myself is that I often hang on to unfinished projects or parts piles because I DO WANT to do that at some point, and letting them go is psychologically saying that I will never do that project. Well, the reality is that with CL, ebay and whatnot, you can sell stuff at any time and sometime later find something similar or identical and start all over, WITHOUT needing to store it all those years.

You are a many with many cars, and garage space is at a premium. The going rate on car storage is at least $50 a month. If you have that car parked for another 10 years before you tinker with it, you are essentially charging yourself $6000 to store it. Realistically, if you sold that GTO now and bought another one in 10 years, even if you got another one in the same condition and paid $3000 more than you sold this one for, you're still coming out ahead. Now I say this without knowing any sentimental connections you have to the car, but based on math alone, consider the cost to yourself in storage fees before just keeping it.
Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

PostSubject: Re: I've retired the OCC to cruise-in duty   I've retired the OCC to cruise-in duty Icon_minitimeTue May 07, 2013 8:44 am

Or,. you'll be like every body afflicted with car disease,.
you'll hang on to stuff,. pour obscene amounts of money into at different times, hardly play with it,.
then one day you'll sell it for 30% of the money spent on it,

and move onto the next money pit.

nick
owner of too many money pits,.
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: I've retired the OCC to cruise-in duty   I've retired the OCC to cruise-in duty Icon_minitimeTue May 07, 2013 10:02 am

I seriously doubt if I were to sell that '67 GTO that I will ever be in a financial position to buy another one. Even the basket-cases are bringing big money.

I WILL get to that car...and besides, it looks cool in my garage as it is. Very Happy

-Mike
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I've retired the OCC to cruise-in duty   I've retired the OCC to cruise-in duty Icon_minitimeTue May 07, 2013 12:14 pm

Keep the GTO,its not costing you anything to dream besides it looks great sitting there!
Back to top Go down
Olds Weighty Eight

Olds Weighty Eight

PostSubject: Re: I've retired the OCC to cruise-in duty   I've retired the OCC to cruise-in duty Icon_minitimeTue May 07, 2013 1:04 pm

X2 says the guy with the perpetual GS project. Very Happy

I've retired the OCC to cruise-in duty Fg6_zps0f967d3c
Back to top Go down
http://www.lakelandraceway.com/friends_garage
buickestate
buickestate

PostSubject: Re: I've retired the OCC to cruise-in duty   I've retired the OCC to cruise-in duty Icon_minitimeTue May 07, 2013 5:26 pm

Greg you need more hub caps in that garage!
Back to top Go down
s1l1sc

PostSubject: Re: I've retired the OCC to cruise-in duty   I've retired the OCC to cruise-in duty Icon_minitimeTue May 07, 2013 7:11 pm

Don't sell the GTO - as they get crashed prices will only go up.
Back to top Go down
Olds Weighty Eight

Olds Weighty Eight

PostSubject: Re: I've retired the OCC to cruise-in duty   I've retired the OCC to cruise-in duty Icon_minitimeTue May 07, 2013 7:14 pm

buickestate wrote:
Greg you need more hub caps in that garage!
No, I'm good. Razz
Back to top Go down
http://www.lakelandraceway.com/friends_garage
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I've retired the OCC to cruise-in duty   I've retired the OCC to cruise-in duty Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I've retired the OCC to cruise-in duty
Page 1 of 1