GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

WANTED last generation Fleetwood Baretop Rear Glass

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
brokecello
brokecello

WANTED  last generation Fleetwood Baretop Rear Glass Empty
PostSubject: WANTED last generation Fleetwood Baretop Rear Glass   WANTED  last generation Fleetwood Baretop Rear Glass Icon_minitimeWed May 22, 2013 12:15 am

I have a buddy going to WagonFest NY (so I might be able to sweet talk him into picking one up if someone can bring one there)

Or if you are anywhere in the South...I can come to you to get it. I'd like one of these for the Caddy incase I do the vinyl top delete mod down the road.

Chris
Back to top Go down
http://www.ChrisPowellmusic.com
silverfox103
silverfox103

PostSubject: Re: WANTED last generation Fleetwood Baretop Rear Glass   WANTED  last generation Fleetwood Baretop Rear Glass Icon_minitimeWed May 22, 2013 7:50 am

Chris

PM "jayoldshcool", he has a 94 Fleetwood parts wagon that he is junking. Not sure if it has the window, but it is worth a try.

Tom
Back to top Go down
Bewber

Bewber

PostSubject: Re: WANTED last generation Fleetwood Baretop Rear Glass   WANTED  last generation Fleetwood Baretop Rear Glass Icon_minitimeWed May 22, 2013 8:44 am

Window glass is the same - it's the trim we need.
Back to top Go down
brokecello
brokecello

PostSubject: Re: WANTED last generation Fleetwood Baretop Rear Glass   WANTED  last generation Fleetwood Baretop Rear Glass Icon_minitimeWed May 22, 2013 9:30 pm

But isn't the trim attached to the glass? (like it is on our wagon's vista and quarter glass?)

Are you able to just get the trim still?

I will PM him Tom!

WANTED  last generation Fleetwood Baretop Rear Glass Screen11
Back to top Go down
Bewber

Bewber

PostSubject: Re: WANTED last generation Fleetwood Baretop Rear Glass   WANTED  last generation Fleetwood Baretop Rear Glass Icon_minitimeWed May 22, 2013 9:36 pm

It'll be good to learn either way.

BTW, When my oldest saw a pic of your caddy, his sarcastic comment was, "Wow. That's a nice ride. It's a lot nicer than yours. I bet if he pulls off his vinyl roof there won't even be any bullet holes."

So apparently our standards of niceness have devolved to "suspected number of bullet holes one might find", and yours is appears nice enough to suspect zero. So, congrats on that.
Back to top Go down
brokecello
brokecello

PostSubject: Re: WANTED last generation Fleetwood Baretop Rear Glass   WANTED  last generation Fleetwood Baretop Rear Glass Icon_minitimeWed May 22, 2013 9:42 pm

Hahaa....that's awesome. I bet your Caddy has a lot more character though.

On the window, I will get on it. I won't do the mod anytime soon, but now I want that rear glass so I can at least have that over with.
Back to top Go down
jayoldschool

jayoldschool

PostSubject: Re: WANTED last generation Fleetwood Baretop Rear Glass   WANTED  last generation Fleetwood Baretop Rear Glass Icon_minitimeWed May 22, 2013 10:57 pm

I don't know if this helps or not:

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/rwd-19xx-1984-deville-fleetwood-1985/132101-taking-vinyl-top-off.html

The rear window on my parts car is good. It is not a bare top car, however.
Back to top Go down
brokecello
brokecello

PostSubject: Re: WANTED last generation Fleetwood Baretop Rear Glass   WANTED  last generation Fleetwood Baretop Rear Glass Icon_minitimeWed Oct 16, 2013 3:03 pm

Thanks Jay...I didn't know there was a Caddy forum!! (lots of good info on there...)

I still might try to do something with my top.  I bought a bulk can of vinyl repair/sealer stuff (VLP) and did a test section earlier last month.  So far it's working and the cracks/tears are staying sealed.  Need to sand it and try to paint it next...

Last edited by brokecello on Sat Oct 19, 2013 2:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

PostSubject: Re: WANTED last generation Fleetwood Baretop Rear Glass   WANTED  last generation Fleetwood Baretop Rear Glass Icon_minitimeWed Oct 16, 2013 4:23 pm

What does it cost for a new roof?

Would any of the "Dr vinyl" products do any good?

Nick
Back to top Go down
brokecello
brokecello

PostSubject: Re: WANTED last generation Fleetwood Baretop Rear Glass   WANTED  last generation Fleetwood Baretop Rear Glass Icon_minitimeSat Oct 19, 2013 2:40 pm

Well, believe it or not...I might be able to get a new roof cheap (if I can get a translator to ride with me)

$400

Will see if that could be a next year project?

I bought that VLP stuff from the makers of Plastidip, but I might hold off on this hot mess if a new roof is that cheap.
Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

PostSubject: Re: WANTED last generation Fleetwood Baretop Rear Glass   WANTED  last generation Fleetwood Baretop Rear Glass Icon_minitimeSat Oct 19, 2013 9:09 pm

I think a nice padded roof adds to the elegance of the car,.
Could be that when i was a kid,. anything with a vinyl roof was a step up,..
My dads 66 caprice had a sprayed on roof,..don't see that much anymore,.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WANTED last generation Fleetwood Baretop Rear Glass   WANTED  last generation Fleetwood Baretop Rear Glass Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

WANTED last generation Fleetwood Baretop Rear Glass
Page 1 of 1