GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Help me decide

Go down 
+3
DBeaSSt
Krzdimond
Sprocket
7 posters

Which Wagon should I keep
140K aftermarket Red
Help me decide Vote_lcap8%Help me decide Vote_rcap
 8% [ 1 ]
101K stock two tone Dark Maple Red
Help me decide Vote_lcap92%Help me decide Vote_rcap
 92% [ 11 ]
Total Votes : 12

AuthorMessage
Sprocket

Sprocket

Help me decide Empty
PostSubject: Help me decide   Help me decide Icon_minitimeTue Jan 12, 2010 7:06 pm

Okay, so here I sit with two 1991 OCCs. One of them needs to go, the other needs to stay so I can keep the Trifecta.

Here is the rundown on them

Help me decide IMG_0020

Both built Nov 1990 at Willow Run

Bright Red 140K, has nice shape cloth interior, minor oil smoke from exhaust, crappy maacco paint job, some rust coming through on bottom of B Pillar. Needs axle seal too (minor job).

Big Red 101K, has crappy interior (See my yacht club pics), nice paint except the white over spray all over it. Minor rust bubbles above windshield and tailgate glass. Runs real strong, no leaks. Ultra low production number (167).

Thought my good friend was going to take one, but he bought a pickup instead citing hauling capacity (he's a dummy).
Anyway, I don't have time to restore them both. I'm sorta thinking of taking the interior out of one putting it in the other, but time is not on my side....

Discuss with your thoughts, etc.
Back to top Go down
Krzdimond
Admin
Krzdimond

Help me decide Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help me decide   Help me decide Icon_minitimeTue Jan 12, 2010 7:24 pm

My opinion is that you keep Big red. Less miles, better shape, interior can be replaced easier than rust.
Back to top Go down
DBeaSSt
Admin
DBeaSSt

Help me decide Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help me decide   Help me decide Icon_minitimeTue Jan 12, 2010 7:26 pm

Tough choice. I'd say I have to agree with Robert though. That minor blistering at the top of the windshield can be easily fixed. Well, easier than the b pillar if it's significant that is.

hmmm, I reluctantly take sides....
Back to top Go down
http://www.prosise.name
jayoldschool

jayoldschool

Help me decide Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help me decide   Help me decide Icon_minitimeTue Jan 12, 2010 7:48 pm

Quote :
My opinion is that you keep Big red. Less miles, better shape, interior can be replaced easier than rust.

^this
Back to top Go down
94Woody

94Woody

Help me decide Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help me decide   Help me decide Icon_minitimeTue Jan 12, 2010 7:56 pm

Keep the lower mileage one and swap the interiors.

Any pics of said rust?
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

Help me decide Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help me decide   Help me decide Icon_minitimeTue Jan 12, 2010 8:49 pm

I'll get some pics this weekend when I have some time.

Ideally, I'd like to combine the two, but between 60hr work weeks, a slow motion kitchen remodel, and life generally getting in the way, it's in the offing for sure.

Not to mention the green LT1 wagon that I have a complete Bonnie/Blazer interior waiting to go in...
I'm in the research phase right now on what to do, so keep the comment coming.
Back to top Go down
94Woody

94Woody

Help me decide Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help me decide   Help me decide Icon_minitimeTue Jan 12, 2010 8:51 pm

Send the higher mileage one to a new owner and drive on Smile
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

Help me decide Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help me decide   Help me decide Icon_minitimeTue Jan 12, 2010 11:35 pm

Minor axle seal job will usually require a new axle. I would get someone to help you swap the interiors, and keep the low milage one.
Back to top Go down
MrBuick

MrBuick

Help me decide Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help me decide   Help me decide Icon_minitimeWed Jan 13, 2010 1:20 am

Easy... Take the interior from the Macco red one and put it in the Maple red one.
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

Help me decide Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help me decide   Help me decide Icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2010 8:24 pm

Well as of tomorrow, Big Red will be on insurance and Ruby is off the road due to a bad AC clutch bearing (it's screaming!!!!).
Considering Ruby will need tires soon and has a leaky power steering unit, it's a no brainer.

Seats will be swapping over shortly and hoping to have 'bright red' moving on a new owner here in the near future.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Help me decide Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help me decide   Help me decide Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Help me decide
Page 1 of 1