GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Tailgate latch follies for a 94 RMW

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Behemoth

Behemoth

Tailgate latch follies for a 94 RMW Empty
PostSubject: Tailgate latch follies for a 94 RMW   Tailgate latch follies for a 94 RMW Icon_minitimeSun Jun 23, 2013 6:01 pm

Having fun recently with my tailgate glass latch.  Driving around, no one in car, latch works fine.  Load up the car, put people in the back, latch doesn't work remotely.  Didn't think to try the key.
So I took the carpet off, and started investigating.  The solenoid that works with the remote and the dash button was loose, with one screw totally missing.  So after experimenting with the solenoid and latch, and finding the latch loose as well, I put everything back together, tightened everything up, and it appears to have fixed the problem.
Pushed out a dent while I was at it!  Love these wagons!
Back to top Go down
silverfox103
silverfox103

PostSubject: Re: Tailgate latch follies for a 94 RMW   Tailgate latch follies for a 94 RMW Icon_minitimeSun Jun 23, 2013 6:10 pm

Glad you were able to fix the problem.  That exact problem with the solenoid, and the missing screw, is very, very common.

Tom C.
Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

PostSubject: Re: Tailgate latch follies for a 94 RMW   Tailgate latch follies for a 94 RMW Icon_minitimeSun Jun 23, 2013 8:16 pm

silverfox103 wrote:
Glad you were able to fix the problem.  That exact problem with the solenoid, and the missing screw, is very, very common.

Tom C.

Quite a few wagon owners have found they had a screw loose,..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tailgate latch follies for a 94 RMW   Tailgate latch follies for a 94 RMW Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tailgate latch follies for a 94 RMW
Page 1 of 1