GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Replace heater core.

Go down 
+5
Fred Kiehl
mtrhead79
toomanytoyz
jayoldschool
BigBlackBeaSSt
9 posters
AuthorMessage
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

Replace heater core. Empty
PostSubject: Replace heater core.   Replace heater core. Icon_minitimeTue Jul 02, 2013 10:10 am

What a pain in the buttox!! One of the worst project I have ever done on this car. I hope I never have to do that again!!
Back to top Go down
jayoldschool

jayoldschool

PostSubject: Re: Replace heater core.   Replace heater core. Icon_minitimeTue Jul 02, 2013 11:16 am

Did you take the passenger seat out? I did, and beat book time on my first try. I didn't think it was that tough, the worst was that one nut up against the floor/firewall.
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz

toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: Replace heater core.   Replace heater core. Icon_minitimeWed Jul 03, 2013 9:49 pm

Hmmm... I always thought these were pretty easy heater cores. But maybe they've just gotten easier with more experience changing out the "cooling system filter?" Rolling Eyes Like Jay said, spending 2 minutes removing the passenger seat makes it a ton easier!
Back to top Go down
mtrhead79

mtrhead79

PostSubject: Re: Replace heater core.   Replace heater core. Icon_minitimeSat Jul 06, 2013 8:17 am

wait you drive it in the winter tim:) 
Back to top Go down
http://mtrhead79@aol.com
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: Replace heater core.   Replace heater core. Icon_minitimeMon Jul 15, 2013 7:27 am

jayoldschool wrote:
Did you take the passenger seat out?  I did, and beat book time on my first try.  I didn't think it was that tough, the worst was that one nut up against the floor/firewall.

Yes seat was out just right for the studs to scewer my back!!!  Those 2 screws did NOT go back in Wink

mtrhead79 wrote:

LOL!! Some of us USE our wagons!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Replace heater core.   Replace heater core. Icon_minitimeMon Jul 15, 2013 11:54 am

BigBlackBeaSSt wrote:
jayoldschool wrote:
Did you take the passenger seat out?  I did, and beat book time on my first try.  I didn't think it was that tough, the worst was that one nut up against the floor/firewall.

Yes seat was out just right for the studs to scewer my back!!!  Those 2 screws did NOT go back in Wink

mtrhead79 wrote:

LOL!!  Some of us USE our wagons!!
Forgot that thick piece of carpet covering the seat studs didnt you?
Back to top Go down
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: Replace heater core.   Replace heater core. Icon_minitimeMon Jul 15, 2013 11:55 am

Yessir
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: Replace heater core.   Replace heater core. Icon_minitimeTue Jul 23, 2013 10:05 am

Since you did not put the two troublesome screws back in, we do not want to hear about the leak in the passenger's side footwell.
Back to top Go down
MG Davis

MG Davis

PostSubject: Re: Replace heater core.   Replace heater core. Icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2016 4:57 pm

Necrothreading a bit here. Got the cover off, unhooked the hoses in the engine compartment. There are some wires runnign across the core, and it doesnt feel like it wants to come out easily. Dont want to go ripping things apart. Any advice as to what goes next? Pretty sure this is the factory one I'm replacing.
Back to top Go down
MG Davis

MG Davis

PostSubject: Re: Replace heater core.   Replace heater core. Icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2016 5:12 pm

OK, got the wide metal clip at the firewall side and the skinny one on the passenger compartment side off and eventually worked the heater core out. now for the fun part...
Back to top Go down
Andebe

Andebe

PostSubject: Re: Replace heater core.   Replace heater core. Icon_minitimeTue Jan 12, 2016 11:32 am

Your definition of fun is different than mine...
Back to top Go down
MG Davis

MG Davis

PostSubject: Re: Replace heater core.   Replace heater core. Icon_minitimeTue Jan 12, 2016 8:32 pm

very much bitterness and sarcasm in that "fun"
Back to top Go down
BuickRM

PostSubject: Re: Replace heater core.   Replace heater core. Icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2016 3:37 pm

Took my heater core out as well yesterday. I´m wondering why these items are looking that different to each other even when you are refering to 94 Buick RM for instance in the web catalogs? The hose connector tubes are looking strange angled with a huge difference in spacing. Does someone know the reason or which changements are made over the date builts?

And one more question: Is in this heater core environment another drain from the A/C which probably causes small leakages in this area? My heater core showed a bit of green coolant and it did smell sweetish, but I want to check out if there might be another reason, no fancy to take the cover out again....

Udo
Back to top Go down
Dutch Pete

Dutch Pete

PostSubject: Re: Replace heater core.   Replace heater core. Icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2016 2:32 pm

Heather core has to be completely closed. There should be no leaks
Back to top Go down
BuickRM

PostSubject: Re: Replace heater core.   Replace heater core. Icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2016 2:16 pm

Yes,of course. You misunderstood me. The question was if in the neighbourhood of the heater core is anything what might become leaky? For instance parts of the AC, I´ve heard by rumours that there is a drain of the AC System, maybe the accumulator assembly which could cause leakages on the floor carpet. Did anyone experience this problem?

Udo
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Replace heater core.   Replace heater core. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Replace heater core.
Page 1 of 1