GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Group Purchase?

Go down 
+7
Krzdimond
lakeffect
DBeaSSt
phantom 309
brokecello
jayoldschool
94Woody
11 posters
AuthorMessage
94Woody

94Woody

Group Purchase? Empty
PostSubject: Group Purchase?   Group Purchase? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2010 7:07 pm

I'm in talks with this guy from ebay about performance mods. He is willing to take 50% off his auction if I can get 20 people onboard. I'm posting this elsewhere for maximum participation.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/20HP-Power-Speed-Chip-Chevy-Caprice-92-96-97-98_W0QQitemZ330398697668QQcmdZViewItemQQptZMotors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories?hash=item4ced4c08c4

Let me know if anyone is interested.
Back to top Go down
jayoldschool

jayoldschool

Group Purchase? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Group Purchase?   Group Purchase? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2010 7:09 pm

Did I go into a coma and wake up on April 1st?

Don't post this elsewhere. Trust me Wink
Back to top Go down
94Woody

94Woody

Group Purchase? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Group Purchase?   Group Purchase? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2010 7:27 pm

I've posted it on every Auto forum I visit, lol.
Back to top Go down
brokecello
brokecello

Group Purchase? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Group Purchase?   Group Purchase? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2010 8:00 pm

...shoot. I have a Buick and an Oldsmobile. Won't work.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ChrisPowellmusic.com
phantom 309

phantom 309

Group Purchase? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Group Purchase?   Group Purchase? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2010 8:00 pm

i,ve already got three,..

nick
Back to top Go down
DBeaSSt
Admin
DBeaSSt

Group Purchase? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Group Purchase?   Group Purchase? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2010 8:47 pm

Let's see, 20HP for $6. So if I buy five of them, that gives me 100 additional HP for only $30.

I'm in!
Back to top Go down
http://www.prosise.name
lakeffect

lakeffect

Group Purchase? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Group Purchase?   Group Purchase? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2010 9:04 pm

It's a resistor that you are paying through the nose for. You can buy a pack of them from Radio Shack.
Back to top Go down
Krzdimond
Admin
Krzdimond

Group Purchase? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Group Purchase?   Group Purchase? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2010 9:29 pm

I can't see the colors on the resistor, but Radio Shack has them 5 for a buck.
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

Group Purchase? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Group Purchase?   Group Purchase? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2010 9:51 pm

bye bye gas mileage.....
Back to top Go down
94Woody

94Woody

Group Purchase? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Group Purchase?   Group Purchase? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2010 10:50 pm

Lol, it's a resistor that wouldn't do a damn thing but cost you a few MPG and probably ruin driveability to boot.
Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

Group Purchase? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Group Purchase?   Group Purchase? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2010 11:23 am

94Woody wrote:
Lol, it's a resistor that wouldn't do a damn thing but cost you a few MPG and probably ruin driveability to boot.

TBI's have driveability??

nick
Back to top Go down
94Woody

94Woody

Group Purchase? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Group Purchase?   Group Purchase? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2010 2:23 pm

Here you go again.

Yeah they lack the power of the LT1 but just like them they actually run smoothly and get decent fuel mileage so yeah they have driveability. Better mileage than my LT1 actually so it gets driven more.
Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

Group Purchase? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Group Purchase?   Group Purchase? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2010 4:03 pm

94Woody wrote:
Here you go again.

Yeah they lack the power of the LT1 but just like them they actually run smoothly and get decent fuel mileage so yeah they have driveability. Better mileage than my LT1 actually so it gets driven more.

smoothly? K.
decent fuel mileage?....mebbe,.
better than your lt1?? wow,... mebbe around town with their 323's the tbi will do better than an lt1,. but on the highway?? Hmmm,. pretty sure the lt1 should do better,. thats of course if its tuned right,. new O2's etc,.
Guys that drive TBI cars are very Crying or Very sad ...sensitive,..

Nick
Razz
Back to top Go down
jayoldschool

jayoldschool

Group Purchase? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Group Purchase?   Group Purchase? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2010 4:16 pm

We all need to pitch in and buy Nick a nice TBI car...
Back to top Go down
94Woody

94Woody

Group Purchase? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Group Purchase?   Group Purchase? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2010 6:20 pm

HAha, Nick.

I'm not sensitive dammit, lol.

My LT1 is a GAS HOG, compared to my 305. Course the TBI is a lighter ZERO option sedan so that works in it's favor I suppose. The LT1 is more fun to drive of course, which explains the MPG difference, lol. The LT1 sedan I parted out was very close to getting the VIN plate from my 92 slapped on it and put on the street. I just didn't feel like doing the complete tuneup on it that it needed.

Besides, like the ad says it works on any engine with an IAT sensor. Last I checked an LT1 has one Wink
Back to top Go down
Wagon Collector

Wagon Collector

Group Purchase? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Group Purchase?   Group Purchase? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2010 10:40 am

The resistor is just fooling the car to add more fuel because it thinks it's colder than it is outside. On an LT1, you'd be better off re-programming the fuel curve with LT1 Edit or Tunercat... but that's ONLY if you need more fuel to begin with. On a stock engine, not so much. The stock curve has always worked for me.

On the TBI's it's a different story. I know nothing about how to program those... but if I did, I would say the same thing - stock, these cars get plenty of fuel, no reason to trick them into getting more. If you are having a lean condition at WOT, you probably need a new fuel pump or filter. Ditto this for LT1 cars.

For the record, I loved my 305 wagon. One of the best cars I ever owned. It was very slow, and there was no quick way to fix that.
Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

Group Purchase? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Group Purchase?   Group Purchase? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2010 6:50 pm

Wagon Collector wrote:
The resistor is just fooling the car to add more fuel because it thinks it's colder than it is outside. On an LT1, you'd be better off re-programming the fuel curve with LT1 Edit or Tunercat... but that's ONLY if you need more fuel to begin with. On a stock engine, not so much. The stock curve has always worked for me.

On the TBI's it's a different story. I know nothing about how to program those... but if I did, I would say the same thing - stock, these cars get plenty of fuel, no reason to trick them into getting more. If you are having a lean condition at WOT, you probably need a new fuel pump or filter. Ditto this for LT1 cars.

For the record, I loved my 305 wagon. One of the best cars I ever owned. It was very slow, and there was no quick way to fix that.

um kevin,. sense of humour check?/ captain obvious in this thread?? um hello??

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

nick
Back to top Go down
brokecello
brokecello

Group Purchase? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Group Purchase?   Group Purchase? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2010 9:36 pm

LOL!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.ChrisPowellmusic.com
94Woody

94Woody

Group Purchase? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Group Purchase?   Group Purchase? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2010 10:53 pm

hahahahaha
Back to top Go down
Wagon Collector

Wagon Collector

Group Purchase? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Group Purchase?   Group Purchase? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2010 4:58 am

phantom 309 wrote:

um kevin,. sense of humour check?/ captain obvious in this thread?? um hello??

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

nick

No sense of humor here, Nick.

I do remember stuff like this from my GN days, though... since it wasn't as easy (at the time) to program those cars, some folks put a little things like that to trick sensors at the track. Fine for the 1/4 mile, but you wouldn't want to drive around with them. I remember one that went inline with the TPS. I couldn't have done anything at WOT, though, because like our cars anything over about 4.7 volts put it at max fuel curve anyhow...
Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

Group Purchase? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Group Purchase?   Group Purchase? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2010 9:37 am

Wagon Collector wrote:

No sense of humor here, Nick. .

Thats right, i,d forgotten,. No but thanks anyway for warning us of this potential scam,. Question your concern for all us newbies is touching,. you are a caring, concerned, involved member of the wagon community ,.full of amazing facts , and thanks again for reminding us that this highperformance trick doesn't really work,. I feel so much better knowing you are standing on guard for us and helping us along thru this complicated journey of learning about the complicated systems and controls of these new fangled computer operated vehicles,. i,m so lucky to belong to a forum with someone like you who is right on the cutting edge of technology,..it really enhances my sense of security and also helps me learn about those all important mistakes that might ruin my enjoyment of my cars,. i,m really glad i didn't rush out and buy one of those resistors for each and everyone of my cars,. thanks kevin!! cheers

Nick
flower

oy vey............ Sleep
Back to top Go down
lornejay1

lornejay1

Group Purchase? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Group Purchase?   Group Purchase? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2010 10:51 am

Yes ,my car wurks much bettah as a result

Group Purchase? Simon

OR No cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers

Group Purchase? Simon2
Back to top Go down
jayoldschool

jayoldschool

Group Purchase? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Group Purchase?   Group Purchase? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2010 11:52 am

I'm buying one for each injector! I will have the fastest car ever!
Back to top Go down
Wagon Collector

Wagon Collector

Group Purchase? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Group Purchase?   Group Purchase? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2010 7:52 am

phantom 309 wrote:

Thats right, i,d forgotten,. No but thanks anyway for warning us of this potential scam,. Question your concern for all us newbies is touching,. you are a caring, concerned, involved member of the wagon community ,.full of amazing facts , and thanks again for reminding us that this highperformance trick doesn't really work,. I feel so much better knowing you are standing on guard for us and helping us along thru this complicated journey of learning about the complicated systems and controls of these new fangled computer operated vehicles,. i,m so lucky to belong to a forum with someone like you who is right on the cutting edge of technology,..it really enhances my sense of security and also helps me learn about those all important mistakes that might ruin my enjoyment of my cars,. i,m really glad i didn't rush out and buy one of those resistors for each and everyone of my cars,. thanks kevin!! cheers

Nick
flower

oy vey............ Sleep

You're welcome, Nick. I consider it an important mission that I must uphold. Having been blessed with my mad wrenching skills, I feel that it is only fair to help out those who may not have been so lucky.

I don't consider myself a hero, but on the other hand, I totally get why people may want to use that word when describing me. Ultimately I try not to let words like hero, guru, wagon extraordinaire, etc. interfere with my mission of helping out the wagon community.

Even though I have crazy skillz, I try to stay humble.
Back to top Go down
MrBuick

MrBuick

Group Purchase? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Group Purchase?   Group Purchase? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2010 2:02 pm

They can still fool people into buying this over priced garbage?? LT1's already run too rich from the factory. Doing this, you will make LESS power. Wink
Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

Group Purchase? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Group Purchase?   Group Purchase? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2010 4:11 pm

Wagon Collector wrote:

I don't consider myself a hero, but on the other hand, I totally get why people may want to use that word when describing me.

They do that mostly because of those blue spandex tights of yours,,..

Nick
Back to top Go down
lornejay1

lornejay1

Group Purchase? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Group Purchase?   Group Purchase? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2010 5:10 pm

phantom 309 wrote:
Wagon Collector wrote:

I don't consider myself a hero, but on the other hand, I totally get why people may want to use that word when describing me.

Nick

I say B.S. without pics Sleep
Back to top Go down
Wagon Collector

Wagon Collector

Group Purchase? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Group Purchase?   Group Purchase? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2010 6:22 am

lornejay1 wrote:
phantom 309 wrote:

Nick

I say B.S. without pics Sleep

Yikes... careful what you wish for, Lorne!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Group Purchase? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Group Purchase?   Group Purchase? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Group Purchase?
Page 1 of 1