GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Widest rear tire I could run?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
zach.skinner510

Widest rear tire I could run? Empty
PostSubject: Widest rear tire I could run?   Widest rear tire I could run? Icon_minitimeSun Oct 06, 2013 7:00 pm

Just picked up some 17x8, and some 17x9.5 rears. They are AR torq thrust II's, I wanna run a big fat rear tire and moderately wide on the front. I'm looking at some 315-35/17, heard they would fit not sure. It's going to be a few months before I buy tires the white stuff is coming soon I'm sure and no sense in buying new tires just to sit in the garage. So I'm looking for guidance here, the car is stock height with no mods at all. Any help would be appreciated thanks in advance.
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz

toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: Widest rear tire I could run?   Widest rear tire I could run? Icon_minitimeSun Oct 06, 2013 8:09 pm

They should, if the backspacing is right.

I fit a 295/35/18 on a 9.5" wheel.
Back to top Go down
zach.skinner510

PostSubject: Re: Widest rear tire I could run?   Widest rear tire I could run? Icon_minitimeSun Oct 06, 2013 9:29 pm

Do you think you can fit a 275/40-17 on the front? Going for a autox road race type look
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Widest rear tire I could run?   Widest rear tire I could run? Icon_minitimeSun Oct 06, 2013 9:51 pm

You can. That's been done before. It might (read: 99% chance) rub at full lock, though.

But even my 235/55s rub at full lock when I turn right. I think they all do, frankly.
Back to top Go down
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: Widest rear tire I could run?   Widest rear tire I could run? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 07, 2013 12:55 am

zach.skinner510 wrote:
Do you think you can fit a 275/40-17 on the front? Going for a autox road race type look
That is what I run on my Impala (all four corners).

Stingroo wrote:
You can. That's been done before. It might (read: 99% chance) rub at full lock, though.

But even my 235/55s rub at full lock when I turn right. I think they all do, frankly.
The 235's do not rub with my Ridler 695's. Must be different offset than yours.
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: Widest rear tire I could run?   Widest rear tire I could run? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 07, 2013 4:55 am

Many people have bent their steering stops, and the steering turns farther than it is supposed to. I believe the steering stops are on the back of the lower control arm. If they are bent, the steering will rub the frame.
Back to top Go down
zach.skinner510

PostSubject: Re: Widest rear tire I could run?   Widest rear tire I could run? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 07, 2013 7:33 am

Well thanks for the help fellas, now I just have to pick a tire brand and open up the wallet. First gotta get these wheels cleaned up real good and polished, should I paint the centers to match the car or just leave them polished?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Widest rear tire I could run?   Widest rear tire I could run? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Widest rear tire I could run?
Page 1 of 1