GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Bumper Shock question?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
silverfox103
silverfox103

Bumper Shock question? Empty
PostSubject: Bumper Shock question?   Bumper Shock question? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 31, 2013 7:50 pm

The old gent that used to own my Fleetwood, must have tapped the rear bumper. It is off slightly on one side. I measured the actual shock and there is about 1/2 inch difference. Do I have to replace the shock, or is there a way that I can "adjust" it. It doesn't look bent, it just didn't go back into position.

Also, to remove the shock, do I have to remove the rear bumper or can I do just that one side.

thanks

Tom
Back to top Go down
s1l1sc

PostSubject: Re: Bumper Shock question?   Bumper Shock question? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 31, 2013 11:21 pm

loosen the screws and see what happens = mine poped back out 90% of the way as soon as it had some room to adjust - crowbar moved it back out the rest of the way.
Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

PostSubject: Re: Bumper Shock question?   Bumper Shock question? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 01, 2013 2:33 am

chain around the tree,. gentle tug,.
Back to top Go down
buickwagon

buickwagon

PostSubject: Re: Bumper Shock question?   Bumper Shock question? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 01, 2013 8:35 am

Bottle jack or power pony, gentle push.
Back to top Go down
silverfox103
silverfox103

PostSubject: Re: Bumper Shock question?   Bumper Shock question? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 01, 2013 3:01 pm

Bingo! Got it.

buickwagon wrote:
Bottle jack or power pony, gentle push.
This is what I was going to do initially, but jack didn't fit and didn't have a power pony. Didn't have one available at rental center.

s1l1sc wrote:
loosen the screws and see what happens = mine poped back out 90% of the way as soon as it had some room to adjust - crowbar moved it back out the rest of the way.
Tried this with 3lb hammer and a 2 x 4, no luck.

phantom 309 wrote:
chain around the tree,. gentle tug,.
This did it and quick. I have plenty of trees, but lent the chain to one of my brothers. So, I used a nylon strap and the hitch on the Caprice wagon, piece of cake.

thanks everyone.

Tom

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bumper Shock question?   Bumper Shock question? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bumper Shock question?
Page 1 of 1