GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Does this Curb rash look fixable?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
randumnumber

Does this Curb rash look fixable?  Empty
PostSubject: Does this Curb rash look fixable?    Does this Curb rash look fixable?  Icon_minitimeMon Dec 02, 2013 9:08 pm

Thinking of buying a set of 17in ss rims, but one of the wheels has this curb rash, seller assures me that there is no major damage, it is not bent, he was running them on his s10 as of a month ago. So this is more of a cosmetic thing, i dont know much about wheel repair or what is fixable and what is not. I've seen youtube videos of stuff which looks much worse being repaired.. Any thoughts?

Does this Curb rash look fixable?  QmlokNc
Back to top Go down
jayoldschool

jayoldschool

PostSubject: Re: Does this Curb rash look fixable?    Does this Curb rash look fixable?  Icon_minitimeMon Dec 02, 2013 9:23 pm

Yes, it's fixable. Easily, by a company that refinishes wheels. You can even it out with files and sandpaper for DIY.

However, how much do you want to trust this seller? The S10 is a 5x4.75 bolt pattern vehicle. If that is a 94-96 Impala SS wheel, it is a 5x5 bolt pattern.
Back to top Go down
randumnumber

PostSubject: Re: Does this Curb rash look fixable?    Does this Curb rash look fixable?  Icon_minitimeMon Dec 02, 2013 9:34 pm

jayoldschool wrote:
Yes, it's fixable.  Easily, by a company that refinishes wheels.  You can even it out with files and sandpaper for DIY.

However, how much do you want to trust this seller?  The S10 is a 5x4.75 bolt pattern vehicle.  If that is a 94-96 Impala SS wheel, it is a 5x5 bolt pattern.
He may have said Silverado on the phone, I was in the car at the time and only caught that they where on a truck. He's a middle aged guy, and the wheels had tires mounted to them in past photos so i beileve they hold air and seal up, and for the price, even if this 1 wheel is bad. It's still a good deal.

I have air tools, polishing disks, and a new soda blaster, I was considering blasting, polishing and then spraying them in an epoxy clear coat to refinish them. Since i have no prior experience in doing it, i wanted to at least get a base line to know if it is possible to do from the beginning.

So, it sounds like it is fixable.. i think ill pull the trigger on this, maybe ask for a little discount.
Back to top Go down
Krzdimond
Admin
Krzdimond

PostSubject: Re: Does this Curb rash look fixable?    Does this Curb rash look fixable?  Icon_minitimeMon Dec 02, 2013 9:43 pm

That is an easy fix. Where are you located, I am part of a network of reconditioners....

Call me and I can walk you through the process. I've done a set in the past.

Last edited by Superior Finish on Mon Dec 02, 2013 9:49 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
randumnumber

PostSubject: Re: Does this Curb rash look fixable?    Does this Curb rash look fixable?  Icon_minitimeMon Dec 02, 2013 9:44 pm

Superior Finish wrote:
That is an easy fix. Where are you located, I am part of a network of reconditioners....

Call me and I can walk you through the process. I've done a set in the past.
I'm in south MS, PM me your number and i will gladly call once i have them in front of me.
Back to top Go down
Krzdimond
Admin
Krzdimond

PostSubject: Re: Does this Curb rash look fixable?    Does this Curb rash look fixable?  Icon_minitimeMon Dec 02, 2013 9:49 pm

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Does this Curb rash look fixable?    Does this Curb rash look fixable?  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Does this Curb rash look fixable?
Page 1 of 1