GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Hello from LA (Lower Arkansas)

Go down 
+7
lornejay1
jeffracer
Nick Danger
DBeaSSt
Krzdimond
BigBlackBeaSSt
1SS2Hear
11 posters
AuthorMessage
1SS2Hear

1SS2Hear

Hello from LA (Lower Arkansas) Empty
PostSubject: Hello from LA (Lower Arkansas)   Hello from LA (Lower Arkansas) Icon_minitimeSat Jan 01, 2011 11:21 pm

Hello all. I'm a member of SSOAR (SS Owners of Arkansas). I have a 96 DGGM Impala Two tone the lower half of the car being being silver. Very Happy Filled with stereo equipment. Smile Lowered and ready to autocross. Just sold a 95 BBB Impala and bought another club member's 95 DCM Caprice Wagon. I'm from Hope, Arkansas and will be working on this car with my 16 year old son. It has Impala seats, LT-1 engine, Grey interior with Maroon carpet. All the interior lights have been converted to LED's and it has clear corners. The car came with fiberglass fillers for the luggage rack and steel fillers for the rear lights and license plate and also a fiberglass rear roll pan. I personally feal that the fiberglass rollpan is cheap and I might not install that particular piece. I'll be asking questions if I can't find them already listed. Again greetings. Darin
Back to top Go down
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: Hello from LA (Lower Arkansas)   Hello from LA (Lower Arkansas) Icon_minitimeSat Jan 01, 2011 11:39 pm

Darin,

Welcome aboard. I also am a Impala owner that bought the wagon second. Now the wagon seems to get more attention.....

It is addictive...............

If you can make the haul, wagonfest is a great time. You and your son would enjoy it.

Tim

Last edited by BigBlackBeaSSt on Sun Jan 02, 2011 8:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
1SS2Hear

1SS2Hear

PostSubject: Re: Hello from LA (Lower Arkansas)   Hello from LA (Lower Arkansas) Icon_minitimeSun Jan 02, 2011 12:14 am

Will probably not be able to make it this year anyway. My son is an Eagle Scout and our group will be going to Canada for two weeks of canoeing. To much money and time to do much else.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hello from LA (Lower Arkansas)   Hello from LA (Lower Arkansas) Icon_minitimeSun Jan 02, 2011 9:04 am

Welcome to WAA Wagon Addicts Anomynous and please feel free to ask away.You will always get more than one
reply to your questions and sometimes they are even the right answer.
Take Care
Jim Gordon
Back to top Go down
Krzdimond
Admin
Krzdimond

PostSubject: Re: Hello from LA (Lower Arkansas)   Hello from LA (Lower Arkansas) Icon_minitimeSun Jan 02, 2011 10:00 am

Welcome Darin!

As you already know, the wagon is nothing more than an SS with cargo capacity cheers

ANYTHING you can/have done to the SS, you can do to these..... including all of the front end body parts!

Pics are a requisite concerning introductions because we're just perverted like that Wink
Back to top Go down
DBeaSSt
Admin
DBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: Hello from LA (Lower Arkansas)   Hello from LA (Lower Arkansas) Icon_minitimeSun Jan 02, 2011 2:58 pm

Welcome aboard!
Back to top Go down
http://www.prosise.name
Nick Danger

Nick Danger

PostSubject: Re: Hello from LA (Lower Arkansas)   Hello from LA (Lower Arkansas) Icon_minitimeSun Jan 02, 2011 5:48 pm

Hello, Darin. It's nice to meet the man from Hope that I've heard about for so long.
Back to top Go down
http://www.unseengallery.com
jeffracer

jeffracer

PostSubject: Re: Hello from LA (Lower Arkansas)   Hello from LA (Lower Arkansas) Icon_minitimeSun Jan 02, 2011 7:18 pm

Welcome aboard from a Tampa newbie!
Back to top Go down
lornejay1

lornejay1

PostSubject: Re: Hello from LA (Lower Arkansas)   Hello from LA (Lower Arkansas) Icon_minitimeSun Jan 02, 2011 10:17 pm

Welcome ,I would also love to see pictures as already said.

The roll pans are indeed cheap,some more than others,but dam they look good,especially if you have the tails filled already.

Back to top Go down
1SS2Hear

1SS2Hear

PostSubject: Re: Hello from LA (Lower Arkansas)   Hello from LA (Lower Arkansas) Icon_minitimeSun Jan 02, 2011 11:19 pm

When I figure out how I will post some photo's
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Hello from LA (Lower Arkansas)   Hello from LA (Lower Arkansas) Icon_minitimeMon Jan 03, 2011 12:44 am

Welcome to the group! I'm in Austin Texas, so closer than many folks here. Been your way many times, my entire family is from Arkansas, but the other side of the state, Jonesboro and Newport. I drive past Hope at least twice a year on the way to visit family or for other adventures.

Hope is one of my favorite drop-off-the-highway points. I'm both a car nut and a motorcycle nut, and we normally tow the bikes to Hope or Hot Springs and then ride north from there through the mountains for a few days on the bikes, in the spring or fall. You live in a GORGEOUS area...and you have some AWESOME roads all around you, LOVE that area.

Again welcome, would love to see some pics of your toys!

-Mike

Oh and my favorite "welcome to Arkansas" sign. ; )

Hello from LA (Lower Arkansas) Clinton_sexoffender
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Hello from LA (Lower Arkansas)   Hello from LA (Lower Arkansas) Icon_minitimeMon Jan 03, 2011 1:54 am

I love my family's home state. It has some of the best town names in the country. I have a picture somewhere of Dad and I parked in the Corvette in front of the Welcome to Bald Knob sign. ; )

Arkansas:
Alf, AR
Bald Knob, AR
Ben Hur, AR
Berea, AR
Birdtown, AR
Bloomer, AR
Blue Ball, AR
Bono, AR
Bullfrog Valley, AR
Congo, AR
Cooter, AR
Crows, AR
Dickey Junction, AR
Fannie, AR
Fifty-six, AR
Four Gums, AR
Freck, AR
Gobbler, AR
Goobertown, AR
Grape, AR
Hicksville, AR
Hog Jaw, AR
Hog Wallow, AR
Holiday Hills, AR
Hon, AR
Hooker, AR
Ink, AR
Loafer, AR
Magic Springs, AR
Marmaduke, AR
Mist, AR
Mt Pleasant, AR
Needmore, AR
Negro Head Corner, AR
Nuckles, AR
Ozone, AR
Pansy, AR
Peanut, AR
Petit Jean, AR
Point Peter, AR
Possum Grape, AR
Promise Land, AR
Push, AR
Rambo Riviera, AR
Ratio, AR
Seed Tick, AR
Snowball, AR
Social Hill, AR
Stinking Bay, AR
Story, AR
Stumptoe, AR
Sunshine, AR
Three Brothers, AR
Three Way, AR
Tintop, AR
Toad Suck, AR
Tomahawk, AR
Tomato, AR
Tongin, AR
Turkey Scratch, AR
Twist, AR
War Eagle, AR
Weiner, AR
Welcome Home, AR
Whiskerville, AR
Wild Cherry, AR
Y-City, AR
Yellow Banks, AR
Back to top Go down
1SS2Hear

1SS2Hear

PostSubject: Re: Hello from LA (Lower Arkansas)   Hello from LA (Lower Arkansas) Icon_minitimeTue Jan 04, 2011 8:32 pm

Hello from LA (Lower Arkansas) Img_2012 this is a pictur of my trunk in the impala. I figured out how to post a picture. Now all i have to do is get a picture of the car in the daylight. I will take a photo of interior and post in a few minutes. woohoo
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz

toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: Hello from LA (Lower Arkansas)   Hello from LA (Lower Arkansas) Icon_minitimeTue Jan 04, 2011 8:40 pm

Hey, I know you! Smile

Hello from LA (Lower Arkansas) ISSCANats2K8058

Hello from LA (Lower Arkansas) ISSCANats2K8065

Hello from LA (Lower Arkansas) ISSCANats2K8080

Hello from LA (Lower Arkansas) ISSCANats2K8081

Hello from LA (Lower Arkansas) ISSCANats2K8082

Just a couple shots I took a couple years ago... Wink Was that 2.5 years ago already??? Holy crap!

How ya been?
Back to top Go down
1SS2Hear

1SS2Hear

PostSubject: Re: Hello from LA (Lower Arkansas)   Hello from LA (Lower Arkansas) Icon_minitimeTue Jan 04, 2011 9:45 pm

Hello from LA (Lower Arkansas) 100_3110
Hello from LA (Lower Arkansas) 100_3111
Hello from LA (Lower Arkansas) 100_3112
here are the shots of the interior. I'll have to wait for daylight to get outside of car. The last photo is of the LED lighting.
toomanytoyz, I'm doing great. Glad to have a new project to work on and I think my son might get out of the house and help. That will be great. His mom has spoiled him. He wants, but doesn't think he has to work for it. I sold the 95 impala that I built for him because he blew the motor and expected it to be fixed just because. I finally fixed it then sold it. I think he woke up after that.
Back to top Go down
brokecello
brokecello

PostSubject: Re: Hello from LA (Lower Arkansas)   Hello from LA (Lower Arkansas) Icon_minitimeWed Jan 05, 2011 8:10 am

Welcome! Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.ChrisPowellmusic.com
1SS2Hear

1SS2Hear

PostSubject: Re: Hello from LA (Lower Arkansas)   Hello from LA (Lower Arkansas) Icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 6:53 pm

Hello from LA (Lower Arkansas) 100_3113
Hello from LA (Lower Arkansas) 100_3114
Hello from LA (Lower Arkansas) 100_3115
Sorry it took so long to post. Hope ya like it.
Back to top Go down
Nick Danger

Nick Danger

PostSubject: Re: Hello from LA (Lower Arkansas)   Hello from LA (Lower Arkansas) Icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 7:22 pm

Can you post pictures that are a little bigger?
Back to top Go down
1SS2Hear

1SS2Hear

PostSubject: Re: Hello from LA (Lower Arkansas)   Hello from LA (Lower Arkansas) Icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 9:08 pm

Hello from LA (Lower Arkansas) 100_3119
Hello from LA (Lower Arkansas) 100_3115
is this better
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Hello from LA (Lower Arkansas)   Hello from LA (Lower Arkansas) Icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 10:47 pm

Those are Silverado SS wheels right?? SHARP!
Back to top Go down
Dutch Pete

Dutch Pete

PostSubject: Re: Hello from LA (Lower Arkansas)   Hello from LA (Lower Arkansas) Icon_minitimeFri Jan 07, 2011 1:27 am

Welcome, cool wagon
Back to top Go down
1SS2Hear

1SS2Hear

PostSubject: Re: Hello from LA (Lower Arkansas)   Hello from LA (Lower Arkansas) Icon_minitimeFri Jan 07, 2011 10:05 am

I think they are. I was told they were from a truck. And I do agree they look good on the car.
Back to top Go down
Nick Danger

Nick Danger

PostSubject: Re: Hello from LA (Lower Arkansas)   Hello from LA (Lower Arkansas) Icon_minitimeFri Jan 07, 2011 10:09 am

Nice car. I like those wheels too.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hello from LA (Lower Arkansas)   Hello from LA (Lower Arkansas) Icon_minitimeFri Jan 07, 2011 11:06 am

I really like those wheels. Sweet car.
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz

toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: Hello from LA (Lower Arkansas)   Hello from LA (Lower Arkansas) Icon_minitimeFri Jan 07, 2011 7:59 pm

I think they are Tahoe Limited (?) wheels. 16x7's. Odd ones, they are. Yessss.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hello from LA (Lower Arkansas)   Hello from LA (Lower Arkansas) Icon_minitimeSat Jan 08, 2011 9:15 pm

http://chattanooga.craigslist.org/cto/2147802547.html Those appear to be his wheels (I think?) Tahoe Limited.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hello from LA (Lower Arkansas)   Hello from LA (Lower Arkansas) Icon_minitimeSat Jan 08, 2011 9:49 pm

In my humble opinion the wagon has always been much better looking than even the Impala SS.Just something about the way the roofline continues down the back and then slopes downward at the rearAlways felt that the way the rear
fenders are skirted instead of rounded is part of the wagons beauty.I dont believe that I am prejudice in any way'as these are the facts and only the facts.
My 2 Cents
Jim Gordon Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hello from LA (Lower Arkansas)   Hello from LA (Lower Arkansas) Icon_minitimeSat Jan 08, 2011 9:50 pm

I hate my rear wheel skirts.

Just throwing that out there. They make tire changing annoying. Otherwise, I agree.
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Hello from LA (Lower Arkansas)   Hello from LA (Lower Arkansas) Icon_minitimeSun Jan 09, 2011 3:07 am

Hahahaha, that got me laughing. When I first got my Impala wheels I went to a used tire shop to have some tires mounted on them. I asked them to go ahead and mount them on the car for me. So a kid comes out and jacks up the rear of my wagon...using the rear axle. He then trys to get the Impala wheels on and tells me they won't fit between the axle and the rear fenders........

Hey Skippy, use the frame to jack the back up, not the axle....

Amazing........

; )
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hello from LA (Lower Arkansas)   Hello from LA (Lower Arkansas) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hello from LA (Lower Arkansas)
Page 1 of 1