GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

rad fan bolts

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
WagonLover

WagonLover

rad fan bolts Empty
PostSubject: rad fan bolts   rad fan bolts Icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2010 2:13 pm

anyone know the size of these bolts?.. the ones that go to the pulley to the thing that connects to the fan for a TBI mechanical fan.. this is the only thing from keepin me from finishing the rebuild..
Back to top Go down
https://www.photobucket.com/wagonlover
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

rad fan bolts Empty
PostSubject: Re: rad fan bolts   rad fan bolts Icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2010 4:43 pm

I do not know the size of the bolts, but if you take the fan clutch to the hardware store with you, you can check the bolts to see which one fits. Make sure they do not bottom when tightened with the fan in place (measure the depth of the parts stack to the bottom of the hole, and get one slightly shorter. The studs on the hub should be the same thread, and you will need nuts for them (4). Get a grade 8 bolt to be on the safe side. The fan to clutch bolts have washers under them, and the nuts for the studs appear to be special friction locking.

I do not know where you are, but if you have a PNP JY near you, go check out what they have...they may have n LO3/5 and you can get the bolts and nuts from it. Torque to 18 lb. ft.
Back to top Go down
WagonLover

WagonLover

rad fan bolts Empty
PostSubject: Re: rad fan bolts   rad fan bolts Icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2010 4:56 pm

thanks a lot fred.. big help man.. wasnt even thinkin the JY cuz i was so motivavted just get get new ones.. ill check it out tomorrow.. thanks agian man!
Back to top Go down
https://www.photobucket.com/wagonlover
Sponsored content

rad fan bolts Empty
PostSubject: Re: rad fan bolts   rad fan bolts Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

rad fan bolts
Page 1 of 1