GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Suggestions for the Flamingo awards

Go down 
+5
buickestate
Krzdimond
brokecello
lakeffect
Sprocket
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Sprocket

Sprocket

Suggestions for the Flamingo awards Empty
PostSubject: Suggestions for the Flamingo awards   Suggestions for the Flamingo awards Icon_minitimeThu Mar 20, 2014 8:29 pm

Last year we started the Flamingo awards. This year we are stepping up the game a little.
Our very own Brokecello has generously donated not only the dash plaques once again, but also several awards.

Peoples Choice
Best non-wagon
and Wagon something or other. (sorry I forgot)

Anyway, I ordered up some more flamingos and so far have only come up with one category:

The Glen West WF Spirit Award. - Glen helped ALOT with the previous 3 FL WF and attended several others. He will be sorely missed and we decided to honor his memory with this special Flamingo award. It will be given to that attendee that we feel best exhibits the love and enthusiasm that Glen demonstrated.

As for the rest of the flamingos, I'm open for some suggestions. Serious, tongue in cheek is fine too. so load up the replies with your suggestions.
The top 4 will be chosen by the super secret panel of WF executives  geek 

Back to top Go down
lakeffect

lakeffect

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for the Flamingo awards   Suggestions for the Flamingo awards Icon_minitimeThu Mar 20, 2014 9:17 pm

Great Idea for the Glen West Spirit Award. Glenn was at WF NY at least once that I recall as well.
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for the Flamingo awards   Suggestions for the Flamingo awards Icon_minitimeThu Mar 20, 2014 11:05 pm

lakeffect wrote:
Great  Idea for the Glen West Spirit Award. Glenn was at WF NY at least once that I recall as well.

2010 same year I went

Really, no suggestions? Where's Nick I know he's good for one
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for the Flamingo awards   Suggestions for the Flamingo awards Icon_minitimeThu Mar 20, 2014 11:27 pm

Best paint/wheels/whatever

Long Migration (because birds, flamingos, whatever).

Uh...

Hmm...
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for the Flamingo awards   Suggestions for the Flamingo awards Icon_minitimeFri Mar 21, 2014 8:19 am

I like most rust for one
Best mod using something non automotive (like a mailbox for an air cleaner... U get the idea)

Back to top Go down
lakeffect

lakeffect

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for the Flamingo awards   Suggestions for the Flamingo awards Icon_minitimeFri Mar 21, 2014 8:27 am

I like the 'Migration" idea
Back to top Go down
brokecello
brokecello

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for the Flamingo awards   Suggestions for the Flamingo awards Icon_minitimeFri Mar 21, 2014 9:20 am

Migration is good.

Also...

Longest Owner
Most Mismatched Tires
Most Patina
Most Decals

I dunno....this can be for any car B/D body parked with us right?

Back to top Go down
http://www.ChrisPowellmusic.com

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for the Flamingo awards   Suggestions for the Flamingo awards Icon_minitimeFri Mar 21, 2014 3:13 pm

Most rust, yes! lol
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for the Flamingo awards   Suggestions for the Flamingo awards Icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2014 11:43 pm

yes anyone in our group

Back to top Go down
Krzdimond
Admin
Krzdimond

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for the Flamingo awards   Suggestions for the Flamingo awards Icon_minitimeTue Mar 25, 2014 12:22 am

Longest non-wagon roof??
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for the Flamingo awards   Suggestions for the Flamingo awards Icon_minitimeTue Mar 25, 2014 1:48 am

Voted Most Unlikely to Gain Show Entry?

Most original (as in factory stock)?

Most Likely to Scrape the Turn 4 tunnel?

This is hard. lol
Back to top Go down
Krzdimond
Admin
Krzdimond

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for the Flamingo awards   Suggestions for the Flamingo awards Icon_minitimeTue Mar 25, 2014 6:19 am

"Amazed it made it" award.
Back to top Go down
buickestate
buickestate

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for the Flamingo awards   Suggestions for the Flamingo awards Icon_minitimeTue Mar 25, 2014 7:48 am

How about a "Larry Award" for best custom/modified?
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for the Flamingo awards   Suggestions for the Flamingo awards Icon_minitimeTue Mar 25, 2014 9:53 am

Oh there will be a Larry award
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for the Flamingo awards   Suggestions for the Flamingo awards Icon_minitimeTue Mar 25, 2014 9:54 am

I also thought of longest tow truck ride to host hotel
Back to top Go down
silverfox103
silverfox103

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for the Flamingo awards   Suggestions for the Flamingo awards Icon_minitimeTue Mar 25, 2014 11:12 am

Sprocket wrote:
I also thought of longest tow truck ride to host hotel

Last year there would have been quite a bit of competition for that award. I hope no one wins that this year. I had a 700 mile flat bed ride home from WF VA, 3 years ago. I don't want anyone to beat that record.

Tom
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for the Flamingo awards   Suggestions for the Flamingo awards Icon_minitimeTue Mar 25, 2014 12:22 pm

The Grimace Award - goes to he (or she) who does the most show prep in the hotel parking lot.

Inspiration:

Suggestions for the Flamingo awards IMG_1901
Back to top Go down
95BRMW

95BRMW

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for the Flamingo awards   Suggestions for the Flamingo awards Icon_minitimeTue Mar 25, 2014 1:04 pm

Stingroo wrote:
The Grimace Award - goes to he (or she) who does the most show prep in the hotel parking lot.

Inspiration:

Suggestions for the Flamingo awards IMG_1901

I like that one. Does it count if you siphon excess tranny fluid into beer bottles?  Razz 
Back to top Go down
buickestate
buickestate

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for the Flamingo awards   Suggestions for the Flamingo awards Icon_minitimeTue Mar 25, 2014 1:12 pm

95BRMW wrote:
 Does it count if you siphon excess tranny fluid into beer bottles?  Razz 

Not while at the show, just what happens in the hotel parking lot prior to the show
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for the Flamingo awards   Suggestions for the Flamingo awards Icon_minitimeTue Mar 25, 2014 1:18 pm

See now we a rolling with ideas.     I only have 5 flamingos though
Who at the hotel has good penmanship? Lol.  I'll bring a sharpie and we can vote/decorate them Friday night
Back to top Go down
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for the Flamingo awards   Suggestions for the Flamingo awards Icon_minitimeTue Mar 25, 2014 5:46 pm

The level of concentration holding that paint can is that of a brain surgeon. You da Man Sprocket!!
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for the Flamingo awards   Suggestions for the Flamingo awards Icon_minitimeTue Mar 25, 2014 10:10 pm

Yeah I put my beer down and everything. In the zone, lol.
Back to top Go down
Mark 96 Roady

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for the Flamingo awards   Suggestions for the Flamingo awards Icon_minitimeTue Mar 25, 2014 10:46 pm

I still like the most rust. And, from personal experience, most unlikely to gain entrance to venue with your car.
Back to top Go down
95BRMW

95BRMW

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for the Flamingo awards   Suggestions for the Flamingo awards Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2014 7:52 am

buickestate wrote:
95BRMW wrote:
 Does it count if you siphon excess tranny fluid into beer bottles?  Razz 

Not while at the show, just what happens in the hotel parking lot prior to the show

So close, that was at Autozone next door
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for the Flamingo awards   Suggestions for the Flamingo awards Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2014 9:32 am

buickestate wrote:
How about a "Larry Award" for best custom/modified?

The Larry Lype award For best mod that looks factory (with a lean toward performance improvement)
Back to top Go down
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for the Flamingo awards   Suggestions for the Flamingo awards Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2014 9:47 am

You need the Glenn West long hauler award!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for the Flamingo awards   Suggestions for the Flamingo awards Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2014 9:55 am

Glenn wasn't a long-hauler though. He came from St. Augustine. Only about an hour drive.

I think the Glenn award should be like, Best Buick or something. His was always super clean.
Back to top Go down
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for the Flamingo awards   Suggestions for the Flamingo awards Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2014 9:59 am

He made it to upstate ny a few time, that should qualify him.
Back to top Go down
buickestate
buickestate

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for the Flamingo awards   Suggestions for the Flamingo awards Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2014 10:05 am

Tim is right, I secound that vote. it should be one of the awards in NY.
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for the Flamingo awards   Suggestions for the Flamingo awards Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2014 2:04 pm

Look at first post in thread

Glen West Spirit of WF. Glenn did alot to help me the last 3 years and never wanted
Recognition for it as he was low key. The award will be decided by how enthusiastic, helpful, and genuine stoke level by the participant
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for the Flamingo awards   Suggestions for the Flamingo awards Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2014 3:02 pm

Thats a nice thing you guys are doing in memory of Glenn and I would expect nothing less from this group.
Back to top Go down
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for the Flamingo awards   Suggestions for the Flamingo awards Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2014 4:10 pm

Sprocket wrote:
Look at first post in thread

Glen West Spirit of WF. Glenn did alot to help me the last 3 years and never wanted
Recognition for it as he was low key.  The award will be decided by how enthusiastic, helpful, and genuine stoke level by the participant

Nice way to go John. We all miss Glenn.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for the Flamingo awards   Suggestions for the Flamingo awards Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Suggestions for the Flamingo awards
Page 1 of 1