GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Any suggestions on wheels for me?

Go down 
+7
sherlock9c1
94Woody
brokecello
buickestate
toomanytoyz
jayoldschool
ChevyChugg
11 posters
AuthorMessage
ChevyChugg

Any suggestions on wheels for me? Empty
PostSubject: Any suggestions on wheels for me?   Any suggestions on wheels for me? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 27, 2010 7:31 pm

I have a set of fair to poor condition alloys, a set of 95 Civilian steelies, 5 or 6 narrow whitewall tires, a set of trim rings a grinder, friend who can swap tires for me, and a budget that allows for a couple cans of paint... give me some ideas, thanks!
Any suggestions on wheels for me? Image033
Any suggestions on wheels for me? Image030
Back to top Go down
jayoldschool

jayoldschool

PostSubject: Re: Any suggestions on wheels for me?   Any suggestions on wheels for me? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 27, 2010 8:13 pm

Honestly? I like the way it looks now...
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz

toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: Any suggestions on wheels for me?   Any suggestions on wheels for me? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 27, 2010 8:35 pm

I'm with Jay. Love those lace wheels with whites!
Back to top Go down
jayoldschool

jayoldschool

PostSubject: Re: Any suggestions on wheels for me?   Any suggestions on wheels for me? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 27, 2010 8:39 pm

Let me tell you about the twin black stripes that I would be laying down next to the "County SS" sign...

Nice pics, btw.
Back to top Go down
buickestate
buickestate

PostSubject: Re: Any suggestions on wheels for me?   Any suggestions on wheels for me? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 27, 2010 11:27 pm

Me three I like the stance and look that it has now, leave it alone, use the money elsewhere
Back to top Go down
brokecello
brokecello

PostSubject: Re: Any suggestions on wheels for me?   Any suggestions on wheels for me? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 28, 2010 11:42 pm

Yeah, those wheels look nice...I guess it depends on the look you are trying to go for? I'd rock the set you have on!
Back to top Go down
http://www.ChrisPowellmusic.com
94Woody

94Woody

PostSubject: Re: Any suggestions on wheels for me?   Any suggestions on wheels for me? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2010 6:11 pm

I agree with everyone else and I love those wheels on my sedan Smile
Back to top Go down
ChevyChugg

PostSubject: Re: Any suggestions on wheels for me?   Any suggestions on wheels for me? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 30, 2010 12:11 am

okay they are staying...what's the best way to clean them/polish them?
Back to top Go down
jayoldschool

jayoldschool

PostSubject: Re: Any suggestions on wheels for me?   Any suggestions on wheels for me? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 30, 2010 9:20 am

They are clear coated, so you don't want to polish, just clean. Use an "all wheel cleaner" (something like A2Z) and a toothbrush to get in the nooks and crannies.
Back to top Go down
sherlock9c1

PostSubject: Re: Any suggestions on wheels for me?   Any suggestions on wheels for me? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 30, 2010 1:07 pm

I've got the exact same wheels that are going on my 9C1 this summer.

Leave them be!
Back to top Go down
ChevyChugg

PostSubject: Re: Any suggestions on wheels for me?   Any suggestions on wheels for me? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 01, 2010 10:29 am

I bought a nice new set of Primewell Sport PS860 White Letters. I am really itching to put them on some gloss black steelies with Chrome lugs and trim rings. Opinions?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Any suggestions on wheels for me?   Any suggestions on wheels for me? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 01, 2010 10:45 am

That's the look I want. Sad
Back to top Go down
ChevyChugg

PostSubject: Re: Any suggestions on wheels for me?   Any suggestions on wheels for me? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 01, 2010 11:09 am

you think the black will look good with the silver?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Any suggestions on wheels for me?   Any suggestions on wheels for me? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 01, 2010 11:38 am

I think with the trim rings, yeah. Smile

Do you have regular steelies or the awesome N97 wheels?
Back to top Go down
ChevyChugg

PostSubject: Re: Any suggestions on wheels for me?   Any suggestions on wheels for me? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 01, 2010 11:39 am

Regular 95 Steelies, which are smooth with no "nubs" in the center or holes.
Back to top Go down
94Woody

94Woody

PostSubject: Re: Any suggestions on wheels for me?   Any suggestions on wheels for me? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 01, 2010 1:01 pm

Plain lugs but a steelie with rings looks like this.

Any suggestions on wheels for me? 1001515h
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

PostSubject: Re: Any suggestions on wheels for me?   Any suggestions on wheels for me? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 01, 2010 1:59 pm

So that's what my car will look like with N97's Laughing

I like....
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: Any suggestions on wheels for me?   Any suggestions on wheels for me? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 01, 2010 9:47 pm

So at least they are black rims so you get some idea.
No, I wasn't missing one nut, we had to destroy the lock nuts to get them off the other car and I have a stock nut on there....
Any suggestions on wheels for me? 101_2243

I thought it looked funny and didn't like the center cap idea so.... I painted the bearing hub with spray paint.
Any suggestions on wheels for me? IMG_0034

So to sum up my suggestion, if you want to swap black rims with chromies, paint the centers silver to match (or bright aluminum paint) to pop the centers. I was surprised how much better it looked.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Any suggestions on wheels for me?   Any suggestions on wheels for me? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 01, 2010 9:52 pm

Dude those rims and tires are AWESOME Sprocket.
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: Any suggestions on wheels for me?   Any suggestions on wheels for me? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 01, 2010 10:15 pm

15x8 Crager soft 8s with 255/60/15s. rims have 4 in backspace. 5 in BS would be alot better as they rub in the back if I corner too hard.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Any suggestions on wheels for me?   Any suggestions on wheels for me? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 01, 2010 10:49 pm

I like those alot.

Hmmm they even come in 17x9... I think I'm interested. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Wagon Collector

Wagon Collector

PostSubject: Re: Any suggestions on wheels for me?   Any suggestions on wheels for me? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 02, 2010 7:25 am

I like the soft 8's. They look good on a blacked-out car with blackwall tires, too.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Any suggestions on wheels for me?   Any suggestions on wheels for me? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 02, 2010 11:01 pm

Not to hijack the thread (or to steal Sprocket's look, for that matter) but would these be good?

http://www.jegs.com/i/Cragar/260/3978950/10002/-1

Soft 8's 17x9 with 5" backspacing. Would they rub at all?
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Any suggestions on wheels for me?   Any suggestions on wheels for me? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 12, 2010 5:29 pm

I honestly love the crosslace wheels. If you want to "sporty it up" put some raised white letter Radial TA's on them.

Don't know if this would work on those, but on my Impala wheels the clear-coat had yellowed, so I stripped it off with Aircraft stripper. You can get it at most parts stores. I've done this on S-10 4x4 wheels, Bonneville wheels, and (gulp) Ford Aerostar wheels.

Take the wheels off and lay them flat, and paint that remover on with an old paintbrush. Keep it off the tires and off YOU. Let it bubble up really well, and then blast it with a waterhose. It make take 2-3 coats and blasts, but it will get all that old clear off, and what's under it will be shiny and new!

You can leave the rough aluminum bare, but wax the polished aluminum with good carnuba wax like Meguires. Just do that every now and then and they will look fine.

My 2-cents.

-Mike
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Any suggestions on wheels for me?   Any suggestions on wheels for me? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Any suggestions on wheels for me?
Page 1 of 1