GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

I found NOS class III / IV hitches for $315

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Curiousnapper

I found NOS class III / IV hitches for $315 Empty
PostSubject: I found NOS class III / IV hitches for $315   I found NOS class III / IV hitches for $315 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 21, 2014 11:13 pm

Is that a worthwhile price? It required drilling of the frame for fitting.

Class III/IV Max-Frame with two inches receiver
3500 pounds gross weight tow 8000lb with distribution
350lbs. dead weight on the Tongue Wt, 800lb With Dist
Drilling is Required

Back to top Go down
buickwagon

buickwagon

PostSubject: Re: I found NOS class III / IV hitches for $315   I found NOS class III / IV hitches for $315 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 21, 2014 11:23 pm

Price is OK. But verify that they really really have them. Many people have ordered hitches for immediate delivery only to find -- weeks later -- that the vendor was relying on outdated manufacturer information. In this day and age of drop shipping, vendors often claim to have something in stock in "our" warehouse but really mean they plan to order it from the manufacturer as soon as you supply the credit card info.

Also, make sure you are looking at a wagon listing, not a sedan listing. The hitches are different because of the different exhaust systems. (Wagons dump exhaust out the side, sedans out the rear).

If this turns out to be the genuine article, post the info for all the other folks desperately seeking a decent hitch!
Back to top Go down
Curiousnapper

PostSubject: Re: I found NOS class III / IV hitches for $315   I found NOS class III / IV hitches for $315 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 21, 2014 11:35 pm

Sedan... dangit
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I found NOS class III / IV hitches for $315   I found NOS class III / IV hitches for $315 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 22, 2014 12:03 am

Yeah. Plus... the Reese hitch that I had required no drilling to install. Are there any wagon hitches that actually require drilling?
Back to top Go down
luckygino

PostSubject: Can you tell me if these are still available and where? Thank you in advance.   I found NOS class III / IV hitches for $315 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2014 12:25 am

Curiousnapper wrote:
Is that a worthwhile price? It required drilling of the frame for fitting.

Class III/IV Max-Frame with two inches receiver
3500 pounds  gross weight tow 8000lb with distribution
350lbs. dead weight on the Tongue Wt, 800lb With Dist
Drilling is Required

Back to top Go down
luckygino

PostSubject: Re: I found NOS class III / IV hitches for $315   I found NOS class III / IV hitches for $315 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2014 12:26 am

I have a Buick 1996 Estate Wagon and would be willing to pay that for a new 2" hitch even if some drilling is required.

Please send info, thank you.
Back to top Go down
buickwagon

buickwagon

PostSubject: Re: I found NOS class III / IV hitches for $315   I found NOS class III / IV hitches for $315 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2014 1:52 am

3rd post: the hitch was for a sedan.
Back to top Go down
The Stickman

The Stickman

PostSubject: Re: I found NOS class III / IV hitches for $315   I found NOS class III / IV hitches for $315 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 27, 2015 10:50 pm

If someone pays me that and comes to pick it up they can have it.

I found NOS class III / IV hitches for $315 100_7872
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I found NOS class III / IV hitches for $315   I found NOS class III / IV hitches for $315 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I found NOS class III / IV hitches for $315
Page 1 of 1