GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Lurker Turned PROUD Owner from NC

Go down 
+2
Sprocket
SpringerNC
6 posters
AuthorMessage
SpringerNC

SpringerNC

Lurker Turned PROUD Owner from NC Empty
PostSubject: Lurker Turned PROUD Owner from NC   Lurker Turned PROUD Owner from NC Icon_minitimeMon Apr 07, 2014 12:49 pm

I have been lurking for some time now, been watching craigslist like crazy for about a year....Even bought an app just to alert me when wagons were posted...Passed on a few wagons, not so much because of the wagon more because of my pocketbook. Been doing tons of Artwork(art teacher by trade) and saving money....selling anything I have laying around I don't need.....I was ready.

I am a HS Art Teacher and been surfing my entire life, so having a RMW just had to happen...I posted a few weeks ago, asking for some help in deciding what to do, which engine to go after....another one of those annoying threads that have been asked a million times.  

Shortly after a fellow board member "Flasharoo" reached out to me and began tons of back and forth messaging....and to make a VERY LONG story and a 24 hour adventure to VA yesterday. I am the proud owner of this beauty.....Drove home 6 hours yesterday back to Iron Station, NC with a grin on my face for so long my jaw is sore.

I told my 3 kids I had a surprise for them...All my oldest daughter could say was are we driving it to the beach this weekend? OH YES! The twins are in love with the back seat already....It's going to be a fun summer!

I cannot tell you how great of a human being "Flasharoo" is.  I certainly would recommend him if anyone needs to do any type of transaction.  He has and I'm sure will continue to be a huge help for me in creating the greatest daily driver I have ever owned.  He has gone well above and beyond to help me out and hook me up with my purchase of his 95 RMW.

Myself(left) and Flasharoo, I had to have a picture of the official done deal adoption.....Yorktown,VA is amazing, go visit there if you need a trip to take.
Lurker Turned PROUD Owner from NC IMG_20140406_110212925

We needed to stop for lunch, when I saw this in the middle of knowwhere VA, I knew it's where we needed our firs meal together
Lurker Turned PROUD Owner from NC 9bfd7f6e-6bb7-41e6-9860-ea797152bd31

At home after 6 hours of hwy cruising.....and got 22mpg!
Lurker Turned PROUD Owner from NC F68a84f4-468d-4811-b111-eb4da8a538ee
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lurker Turned PROUD Owner from NC   Lurker Turned PROUD Owner from NC Icon_minitimeMon Apr 07, 2014 1:59 pm

Preston, it was a real pleasure getting to know you and then finally meeting you and your lovely wife yesterday.I sincerely hope that you and your family make some of the same memories I have from my childhood.When I saw your first post ablout wanting a wagon for your family I knew that I had found a new owner for my RMW.]
Thank You for making my sunday a great day
Jim
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lurker Turned PROUD Owner from NC   Lurker Turned PROUD Owner from NC Icon_minitimeMon Apr 07, 2014 3:20 pm

Awesome.

You got a good car. Well done.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lurker Turned PROUD Owner from NC   Lurker Turned PROUD Owner from NC Icon_minitimeMon Apr 07, 2014 4:10 pm

In case you are wondering about all the bird poop,my brother in all his infinite wisdom put 4 birdfeeders directly behind where I parked the wagons.I took the 95 out around midnight and got it washed and gassed up so it wouldnt be covered in bird poop.The OCC is now clean as well.The RMW went to a great new home and thats all I wanted for it.
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: Lurker Turned PROUD Owner from NC   Lurker Turned PROUD Owner from NC Icon_minitimeMon Apr 07, 2014 11:23 pm

Cool story and now we know what a Flasherroo looks like.

My whole wagon thing started with wanting one so I could fit my 9'6" in and lock it.  Actually had two of them in there last Saturday...

Check out CariSSma lotta guys near you.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lurker Turned PROUD Owner from NC   Lurker Turned PROUD Owner from NC Icon_minitimeMon Apr 07, 2014 11:59 pm

Sprocket wrote:

My whole wagon thing started with wanting one so I could fit my 9'6" in and lock it.  Actually had two of them in there last Saturday...

I am the guy on the left! lol! 
Back to top Go down
SpringerNC

SpringerNC

PostSubject: Re: Lurker Turned PROUD Owner from NC   Lurker Turned PROUD Owner from NC Icon_minitimeTue Apr 08, 2014 8:36 am

Sprocket wrote:

I'll have my 9'2 my 5'7, 6'1, and daugters 5'7 in the car with room to spare this weekend on the way to her first contest.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lurker Turned PROUD Owner from NC   Lurker Turned PROUD Owner from NC Icon_minitimeTue Apr 08, 2014 11:38 am

Deals off,want my wagon back!Hope the kids will have some of the great memories I have riding in that 3rd seat watching the world go by!
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Lurker Turned PROUD Owner from NC   Lurker Turned PROUD Owner from NC Icon_minitimeTue Apr 08, 2014 1:02 pm

Glad it found a good home!
Back to top Go down
SpringerNC

SpringerNC

PostSubject: Re: Lurker Turned PROUD Owner from NC   Lurker Turned PROUD Owner from NC Icon_minitimeTue Apr 08, 2014 1:30 pm

Thanks folks, I am really excited.
Back to top Go down
DBeaSSt
Admin
DBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: Lurker Turned PROUD Owner from NC   Lurker Turned PROUD Owner from NC Icon_minitimeTue Apr 08, 2014 3:32 pm

Welcome! Good to see another "local" Wink If you're interested in a group of B-body enthusiasts, check out CarISSMA here: https://sites.google.com/site/carissmacom/home

Great bunch of folks!
Back to top Go down
http://www.prosise.name
brokecello
brokecello

PostSubject: Re: Lurker Turned PROUD Owner from NC   Lurker Turned PROUD Owner from NC Icon_minitimeWed Apr 09, 2014 10:54 am

Welcome and CONGRATS!!

Chris
Back to top Go down
http://www.ChrisPowellmusic.com
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: Lurker Turned PROUD Owner from NC   Lurker Turned PROUD Owner from NC Icon_minitimeWed Apr 09, 2014 7:18 pm

Welcome to the madness. Is that an oil leak....again.... sorry gotta go!!
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: Lurker Turned PROUD Owner from NC   Lurker Turned PROUD Owner from NC Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2014 12:55 pm

SpringerNC wrote:
Sprocket wrote:

I'll have my 9'2 my 5'7, 6'1, and daugters 5'7 in the car with room to spare this weekend on the way to her first contest.

Sweet. Smile They'll definitely hold your quiver Wink It's like driving a big golf bag ha ha ha
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lurker Turned PROUD Owner from NC   Lurker Turned PROUD Owner from NC Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2014 7:51 pm

Oh Great,surfers talking about their boards or at least I think there talking about their boards! Rolling Eyes Laughing 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lurker Turned PROUD Owner from NC   Lurker Turned PROUD Owner from NC Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Lurker Turned PROUD Owner from NC
Page 1 of 1