GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Third row seat removal help

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
94GreatWhite

Third row seat removal help Empty
PostSubject: Third row seat removal help   Third row seat removal help Icon_minitimeSat May 24, 2014 8:33 am

How do I go about reamoving the third row seat/cargo area in my 94 caprice wagon? Pics would be awsome!

Thanks,
Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

PostSubject: Re: Third row seat removal help   Third row seat removal help Icon_minitimeSat May 24, 2014 10:17 am

socket set works best,.
you should take pics for us as you so it,..
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: Third row seat removal help   Third row seat removal help Icon_minitimeSun May 25, 2014 2:17 pm

The FSM has a detailed set of instructions with exploded view of the parts .
Back to top Go down
bamalongroof

bamalongroof

PostSubject: Re: Third row seat removal help   Third row seat removal help Icon_minitimeSun May 25, 2014 10:19 pm

I understand it is spring loaded be careful in there and saftey glasses.
Back to top Go down
Mark 96 Roady

PostSubject: Re: Third row seat removal help   Third row seat removal help Icon_minitimeMon May 26, 2014 12:14 am

I replaced my whole third seat assembly a few years ago with a much nicer junk yard part, and it was not difficult. The spring is on the driver side if I remember, and I just released the tension with a big screwdriver. The whole assembly is held in with maybe 15 small 8-10 mm socket bolts. It is wobbley once it is removed, and be careful not to bend the thin gauge metal that the framwork is made from. In an older post someone mentioned drilling out some of the rivits to get the assembly out, but it is not necessary. As I mentioned before, just be careful once all the bolts are out, and you are removing the assembly out the rear of the car.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Third row seat removal help   Third row seat removal help Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Third row seat removal help
Page 1 of 1