GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

power seat harness and arm rest control

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
lakeffect

lakeffect

power seat harness and arm rest control Empty
PostSubject: power seat harness and arm rest control   power seat harness and arm rest control Icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2014 10:08 pm

HI guys, as part of my interior rework, I need a power seat harness with the connectors on both ends for the passenger side and an arm rest  seat/window control. It's going into a 1993 Caprice... don't know if the  shape of the controls differed from year to year, so I'm being specific.  Maybe someone  else knows if they were all the same shape and there fore interchangeable.

Although black would be nice, any color will do.  I'll paint it black when it gets here.
Post up what you want for it . or send me a PM.

Fred you got some goodies that I need?

Dave

Last edited by lakeffect on Thu May 29, 2014 10:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
DBeaSSt
Admin
DBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: power seat harness and arm rest control   power seat harness and arm rest control Icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2014 10:13 pm

I may have the harness but won't be able to check until the weekend. Pretty sure I have the seat/window controls but not an armrest.
Back to top Go down
http://www.prosise.name
lakeffect

lakeffect

PostSubject: Re: power seat harness and arm rest control   power seat harness and arm rest control Icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2014 10:22 pm

I don't need the cushy arm rest itself Mike., I need the plastic part that the controls are mounted onto, and the controls.
Admin
DBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: power seat harness and arm rest control   power seat harness and arm rest control Icon_minitimeFri May 30, 2014 6:43 am

That I definitely have, it's in TBI dark blue. Will check on the harness this weekend.
Back to top Go down
http://www.prosise.name
lakeffect

lakeffect

PostSubject: Re: power seat harness and arm rest control   power seat harness and arm rest control Icon_minitimeFri May 30, 2014 6:47 am

MIke, might have it resolved already. Overnight, Joel and Fred have already chimed in with PM's for parts. So hold up on your search until requested. Thanks for the response. I'm appreciative of it.

Dave
Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

PostSubject: Re: power seat harness and arm rest control   power seat harness and arm rest control Icon_minitimeFri May 30, 2014 8:51 pm

i have parts too
Back to top Go down
lakeffect

lakeffect

PostSubject: Re: power seat harness and arm rest control   power seat harness and arm rest control Icon_minitimeFri May 30, 2014 9:33 pm

update below
Back to top Go down
lakeffect

lakeffect

PostSubject: Re: power seat harness and arm rest control   power seat harness and arm rest control Icon_minitimeSun Jun 29, 2014 12:38 am

In my quest for the power seat harness, one forum member was kind enough to ship a driver's side harness to me. Unfortunately it had the wrong form on connector that goes into the  arm rest pod. Apparently more than one form of connedtors existed over the production cycle.
After inspection of both controllers that I have, it would seem both sides are identical in terms of connectors, so it would appear a harness from either side would work for my needs.

If it looks like a rectangluar block with six wires on one side, two on the other and eight round holes down the center, it's the wrong one.

I need a harness as pictured below with the eight connectors all in one row on the front, and eight out the back. Please send a PM to me if you have one.

Dave

power seat harness and arm rest control IMG_0020
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: power seat harness and arm rest control   power seat harness and arm rest control Icon_minitimeSun Jun 29, 2014 4:22 pm

You got the 94-96 RM harness. All Caprice, 91-93 RM, and OCC harnesses are like the one you pictured. I can get one next time I go to the yard. I will be headed that way on Friday for sure, or sooner if fresh meat shows up.
Back to top Go down
lakeffect

lakeffect

PostSubject: Re: power seat harness and arm rest control   power seat harness and arm rest control Icon_minitimeSun Jun 29, 2014 7:14 pm

Thanks Fred. It may be that Mike ( DBeaSSt) has the part available for me. If that option falls through, I get back to you on it. Thanks for the response.

Dave
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: power seat harness and arm rest control   power seat harness and arm rest control Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

power seat harness and arm rest control
Page 1 of 1