GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Loving my 91 Roadmaster wagon in the Evergreen state :)

Go down 
+10
phantom 309
1993 Roady-man
JoeT
DBeaSSt
Andebe
81X11
brokecello
Wagoninabox
bamalongroof
schmalexander
14 posters
AuthorMessage
schmalexander

schmalexander

Loving my 91 Roadmaster wagon in the Evergreen state :) Empty
PostSubject: Loving my 91 Roadmaster wagon in the Evergreen state :)   Loving my 91 Roadmaster wagon in the Evergreen state :) Icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2014 11:23 pm

I bought my 91 White with wood (The brochure special) RMW in the beginning of march this year with 97,800 on it and I've already put 5000 miles on it; whenever I'm with people I jump on the chance to drive somewhere! I love it so much, it puts my previous cars to shame, my first a 91' accord coupe, it was fun, but eh, felt cheap, everyone has one, and not fun to work on. Then i got my moms old 2000 town & country and the only thing that it had going for it over the rmw is rear air, and heated seats, (which i could've gotten in a newer rm, oh well.) but smoothness, gas mileage was like 2 mpg worse, usefulness, and the comfort didn't even compare to my wagons awesomeness. Originally from Alaska, then in WA since the 90's, and i don't think ever driven in snow, there's no rust under the car, even the spots behind the rear tires are barely beaten up. non tow pack car, no posi, but still has a u-haul hitch.     My goal is to hopefully keep this car into my old age, grandpa status, I'm about to turn 22, so looong ways. All Ive had to do so far is an alternator, oil change, probably should do a routine tune up and get brakes eventually.

first one i ever saw was an acquaintances mom's when i was in middle school, and finally i got me one :p

It really saddens me how little of these are around anymore, since i got this 3 months ago I've only seen 2 caprice wagons on the road, no rmw's, gave them a thumbs up of course!  
and plenty of people have come up to me ecstatic about how cool it is, how much id want (HA, not for sale), and its a good thing that its got a loving owner (I detail it just about every weekend)
well i could go on and on but that sums it up for now

Loving my 91 Roadmaster wagon in the Evergreen state :) Img_2010

Loving my 91 Roadmaster wagon in the Evergreen state :) Img_2014

Loving my 91 Roadmaster wagon in the Evergreen state :) Img_2015
a few chips on the wood but other than that pretty dang clean!
Back to top Go down
bamalongroof

bamalongroof

PostSubject: Re: Loving my 91 Roadmaster wagon in the Evergreen state :)   Loving my 91 Roadmaster wagon in the Evergreen state :) Icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2014 11:31 pm

Beautiful welcome to the forum...Jeff
Back to top Go down
Wagoninabox

Wagoninabox

PostSubject: Re: Loving my 91 Roadmaster wagon in the Evergreen state :)   Loving my 91 Roadmaster wagon in the Evergreen state :) Icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2014 1:21 am

Welcome! Nice shape. These wagons can be mighty addictive!
Back to top Go down
brokecello
brokecello

PostSubject: Re: Loving my 91 Roadmaster wagon in the Evergreen state :)   Loving my 91 Roadmaster wagon in the Evergreen state :) Icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2014 8:08 am

Welcome! Glad you snagged one. Save the whales! Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.ChrisPowellmusic.com
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Loving my 91 Roadmaster wagon in the Evergreen state :)   Loving my 91 Roadmaster wagon in the Evergreen state :) Icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2014 8:35 am

Nice first year wagon. Glad you like it and will keep it nice.

Good to see all these new folks finding us!

-Mike
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Loving my 91 Roadmaster wagon in the Evergreen state :)   Loving my 91 Roadmaster wagon in the Evergreen state :) Icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2014 10:15 am

Wow,thats a clean wagon!You are lucky to find one so clean,they are usually used up unless owned by one of us.Welcome to the group.
Back to top Go down
Andebe

Andebe

PostSubject: Re: Loving my 91 Roadmaster wagon in the Evergreen state :)   Loving my 91 Roadmaster wagon in the Evergreen state :) Icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2014 11:06 am

Very clean,welcome aboard. Any mods planned?
Back to top Go down
schmalexander

schmalexander

PostSubject: Re: Loving my 91 Roadmaster wagon in the Evergreen state :)   Loving my 91 Roadmaster wagon in the Evergreen state :) Icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2014 12:13 pm

Thank you all, I'm glad to be on here! Oh I'm not sure yet as far as mods go; fix the AC, and this weird belt area noise around 1000 rpm before anything, drivers seat has a good rip so maybe reupholster if I can't find a decent set. Im about to get tinted windows in a few days. Id like either impala rims or some good 5 spokes down the road. repaint and rewood with dark wood if possible, and when/if the L03 dies I'd like a little power boost. My only complaint so far is the rear wiper button placement, I'm 6ft and still have to lean a ways, I guess its for the copilot. Lol
Back to top Go down
DBeaSSt
Admin
DBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: Loving my 91 Roadmaster wagon in the Evergreen state :)   Loving my 91 Roadmaster wagon in the Evergreen state :) Icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2014 2:53 pm

That's a very clean looking find, congrats! Always loved that 91 only light tan interior too.
Back to top Go down
http://www.prosise.name
JoeT

JoeT

PostSubject: Re: Loving my 91 Roadmaster wagon in the Evergreen state :)   Loving my 91 Roadmaster wagon in the Evergreen state :) Icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2014 3:55 pm

Welcome aboard, schmalexander!
Congrats on finding such a beautiful, clean example!
Back to top Go down
1993 Roady-man

1993 Roady-man

PostSubject: Re: Loving my 91 Roadmaster wagon in the Evergreen state :)   Loving my 91 Roadmaster wagon in the Evergreen state :) Icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2014 5:01 pm

Wow that baby is clean looking,.. nice score. Interior pix's whenever you can plz.
Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

PostSubject: Re: Loving my 91 Roadmaster wagon in the Evergreen state :)   Loving my 91 Roadmaster wagon in the Evergreen state :) Icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2014 8:32 pm

i really like the pickup,. is it diesel?
Back to top Go down
schmalexander

schmalexander

PostSubject: Re: Loving my 91 Roadmaster wagon in the Evergreen state :)   Loving my 91 Roadmaster wagon in the Evergreen state :) Icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2014 8:44 pm

Im thrilled with it. just wish i could've scored a dark cherry or green one, but i like white too. The pickup
is just our trailer hauler, 89 gmc 3500, with the 230hp 454 and 3 speed. lol
Loving my 91 Roadmaster wagon in the Evergreen state :) Img_2021
cavern of tan
Loving my 91 Roadmaster wagon in the Evergreen state :) Img_2018
wish they got the vista shade!
Loving my 91 Roadmaster wagon in the Evergreen state :) Img_2019
back seats really clean
Loving my 91 Roadmaster wagon in the Evergreen state :) Img_2022
only thing wrong with passenger seat, minus a ciggy burn
Loving my 91 Roadmaster wagon in the Evergreen state :) Img_2023

Loving my 91 Roadmaster wagon in the Evergreen state :) Img_2024
hopefully can get this fixed somehow :/
Loving my 91 Roadmaster wagon in the Evergreen state :) Img_2025
the woodgrain floormats and steering wheel cover came in the car, getting close to too much, but i cant see myself getting rid of them, lol.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Loving my 91 Roadmaster wagon in the Evergreen state :)   Loving my 91 Roadmaster wagon in the Evergreen state :) Icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2014 9:30 pm

Put a vista shade in my 91 OCC and it made a huge difference in the cool down time.Start looking for a tan surround and shade and it just snaps right in.In fact ,just find a shade and mount it to your factory surround,its pretty easy to do too.Looking at your interior its obvious that the owner made a real effort to keep it as clean as possible,awesome score!
Back to top Go down
sherlock9c1

PostSubject: Re: Loving my 91 Roadmaster wagon in the Evergreen state :)   Loving my 91 Roadmaster wagon in the Evergreen state :) Icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2014 11:03 pm

Find an upholstery shop and get the leather fixed asap. The rest of the seats look very nice. Leatherique the seats and they'll last forever.
Back to top Go down
schmalexander

schmalexander

PostSubject: Re: Loving my 91 Roadmaster wagon in the Evergreen state :)   Loving my 91 Roadmaster wagon in the Evergreen state :) Icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2014 4:55 am

Luckily enough there's a vista shade and trim on eBay now, will the 94-96 vista trim with shade fit on my 91? And yup, hoping to fix the upholstery by the end of summer. But might need to save up for a winter beater too!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Loving my 91 Roadmaster wagon in the Evergreen state :)   Loving my 91 Roadmaster wagon in the Evergreen state :) Icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2014 2:45 pm

Yes it will snap right in!
Back to top Go down
harrisons13

harrisons13

PostSubject: Re: Loving my 91 Roadmaster wagon in the Evergreen state :)   Loving my 91 Roadmaster wagon in the Evergreen state :) Icon_minitimeFri Jun 27, 2014 12:57 am

Wow, that is one nice Roadmaster! Looks like new! Reminds me of the one in the Roadmaster commercial from '91.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkqi6xKihlvfX82nZ3nmCHQ?view_as
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: Loving my 91 Roadmaster wagon in the Evergreen state :)   Loving my 91 Roadmaster wagon in the Evergreen state :) Icon_minitimeSun Jun 29, 2014 5:42 pm

Welcome home Wink to the newest member in the family. She's really clean wagon too, Nice Score.
My 91 L03 has 266K+ on it and no signs of dying soon...so you have plenty of time to look for another motor Smile

If this is the auction you are talking about:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/91-96-Roadmaster-Custom-Cruiser-Vista-Window-Pull-Shade-Sunroof-/221455470714?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item338fc6507a&vxp=mtr

you also need the matching surround as the early ones don't have the provision to snap the shades into.....

great looking example
Back to top Go down
Dutch Pete

Dutch Pete

PostSubject: Re: Loving my 91 Roadmaster wagon in the Evergreen state :)   Loving my 91 Roadmaster wagon in the Evergreen state :) Icon_minitimeMon Jun 30, 2014 7:05 am

Wow, that's 1 nice RMW, very nice interior, welcome aboard.
Pete
Back to top Go down
1993 Roady-man

1993 Roady-man

PostSubject: Re: Loving my 91 Roadmaster wagon in the Evergreen state :)   Loving my 91 Roadmaster wagon in the Evergreen state :) Icon_minitimeMon Jun 30, 2014 8:12 am

That is the color interior I want in my next Roady.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Loving my 91 Roadmaster wagon in the Evergreen state :)   Loving my 91 Roadmaster wagon in the Evergreen state :) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Loving my 91 Roadmaster wagon in the Evergreen state :)
Page 1 of 1