GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Dynamat Alternative?

Go down 
+4
jayoldschool
s1l1sc
DBeaSSt
Cadet57
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Cadet57

Cadet57

Dynamat Alternative? Empty
PostSubject: Dynamat Alternative?   Dynamat Alternative? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 06, 2014 9:19 am

I swore someone just asked this, and I KNOW there was also a thread someone made about some Lowes product. But I'll be damned if I can find it. So I'll ask again....  Laughing What is that low cost sound deadening product someone installed on their floors?
Back to top Go down
DBeaSSt
Admin
DBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: Dynamat Alternative?   Dynamat Alternative? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 06, 2014 9:23 am

Chris (brokecello) used something like that I think. Maybe browse through his wagon build thread?
https://gmlongroof.4umer.com/t6058-getting-jade-ready-for-wagonfest-and-other-updates-as-they-come

I know he posted about it somewhere, just don't recall where.
Back to top Go down
http://www.prosise.name
s1l1sc

PostSubject: Re: Dynamat Alternative?   Dynamat Alternative? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 06, 2014 10:46 am

Sticky roofing flashing/insulation is what I used...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dynamat Alternative?   Dynamat Alternative? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 06, 2014 10:56 am

Lowe's Peel n' Seal is what Chris used (and what I used).
Back to top Go down
jayoldschool

jayoldschool

PostSubject: Re: Dynamat Alternative?   Dynamat Alternative? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 06, 2014 12:36 pm

Grace Ice and Water Shield is another popular alternative. Home Depot, Lowes, etc.

Dynamat Alternative? F7e9f5d3-68dc-45f0-ab12-2ec7234ed88f_400
Back to top Go down
sherlock9c1

PostSubject: Re: Dynamat Alternative?   Dynamat Alternative? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 06, 2014 12:52 pm

I did some Grace Ice & Water Shield 10 years ago.  80% of it held up in that time.  The other 20% peeled off and stuck itself to the door window glass, causing the glass to basically lock in place.   Make sure you do a good job getting it to stick initially, and make sure the edges are super tight so they won't peel away.
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

PostSubject: Re: Dynamat Alternative?   Dynamat Alternative? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 06, 2014 1:18 pm

sherlock9c1 wrote:
I did some Grace Ice & Water Shield 10 years ago.  80% of it held up in that time.  The other 20% peeled off and stuck itself to the door window glass, causing the glass to basically lock in place.   Make sure you do a good job getting it to stick initially, and make sure the edges are super tight so they won't peel away.

Noted, I'm just going to do the floors for now since I'll have the carpet out for replacement, but if I ever do the doors...
Back to top Go down
MalibuSSwagon

PostSubject: Re: Dynamat Alternative?   Dynamat Alternative? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 06, 2014 2:32 pm

I used the Peel and Seal on my truck, decent product. And cheap compared to Dynamat. You may need 3 rolls to cover the floor, I used 1 and a half to cover the floor of my C10
Back to top Go down
Mark 96 Roady

PostSubject: Re: Dynamat Alternative?   Dynamat Alternative? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 06, 2014 8:12 pm

Cadet57 wrote:
sherlock9c1 wrote:

Noted, I'm just going to do the floors for now since I'll have the carpet out for replacement, but if I ever do the doors...
Where did you find carpet, and is it any good? How much?
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

PostSubject: Re: Dynamat Alternative?   Dynamat Alternative? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 06, 2014 8:14 pm

Mark 96 Roady wrote:
Cadet57 wrote:
sherlock9c1 wrote:

Where did you find carpet, and is it any good? How much?

It's an ACC, I haven't ordered it yet, but I talked to a family friend who does auto interior. ACC's NEED to be steam fit. So for a sixer of beer he's going to steam it once it's in.
Back to top Go down
tranmkp

tranmkp

PostSubject: Re: Dynamat Alternative?   Dynamat Alternative? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 11, 2014 4:43 pm

second skin audio
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dynamat Alternative?   Dynamat Alternative? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dynamat Alternative?
Page 1 of 1