GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Been gone a long time

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
nstg8r

Been gone a long time Empty
PostSubject: Been gone a long time   Been gone a long time Icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2014 2:58 pm

So I started swapping out my doors at about this time last year and I got the back one swapped without a hitch. When I did the front, I couldn't get the motor to move so as to get the regulator holes to line up. I then got very discouraged for FAR too long. Well yesterday I got motivated again, the regulator is riveted in, the window is going back up and down. Now I'm just waiting for jb weld to cure on the door panels so that I can snap them back into place.

I did decide to line the doors with dynamat and WOW what a difference it makes. When I shut the door it sounds like a Cadillac now. Hopefully this week I can get it down to the emissions place and get plates back on it. Then it needs a coolant flush so that I can have a heater this winter. I'm back to being excited about my wagon again. Just wanted to share. Hopefully I can get on here a little more often and update you on progress on the car that all my car buddies have nicknamed "Brady Bunch"
Back to top Go down
bamalongroof

bamalongroof

PostSubject: Re: Been gone a long time   Been gone a long time Icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2014 9:52 pm

Looks nice glad to hear you got motivated... Jeff
Back to top Go down
nstg8r

PostSubject: Re: Been gone a long time   Been gone a long time Icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2014 11:52 pm

Thank you, that's not even the side that I worked on. I'm glad I got motivated too. If I had more daylight today after work, it would be completely done.
Back to top Go down
lakeffect

lakeffect

PostSubject: Re: Been gone a long time   Been gone a long time Icon_minitimeWed Sep 03, 2014 7:17 am

Welcome back !
Back to top Go down
nstg8r

PostSubject: Re: Been gone a long time   Been gone a long time Icon_minitimeWed Sep 03, 2014 11:27 am

Thanks
Back to top Go down
Wagoninabox

Wagoninabox

PostSubject: Re: Been gone a long time   Been gone a long time Icon_minitimeWed Sep 03, 2014 11:43 am

Welcome back. Did you happen to snap a pic of the dynamat installed before the panel went on?
Back to top Go down
nstg8r

PostSubject: Re: Been gone a long time   Been gone a long time Icon_minitimeWed Sep 03, 2014 11:50 am

I actually need to take it back apart to put the fasteners inside the door that the arm rest and door pull screw into since I'm an idiot and forgot those. So I will take a picture of it for you when I do so.
Back to top Go down
nstg8r

PostSubject: Re: Been gone a long time   Been gone a long time Icon_minitimeWed Sep 03, 2014 11:52 am

Just the front drivers door though. I still need to do the passenger side, so I'll take a picture of the rear passenger when I do that one. I'm liking this stuff so much I may rip out the whole interior and do the whole car in dynamat.
Back to top Go down
Dutch Pete

Dutch Pete

PostSubject: Re: Been gone a long time   Been gone a long time Icon_minitimeWed Sep 03, 2014 3:11 pm

Welcome back. Very interested in the dynamat. Thinking of doing this in the box wagon.
Pete
Back to top Go down
nstg8r

PostSubject: Re: Been gone a long time   Been gone a long time Icon_minitimeWed Sep 03, 2014 3:15 pm

It's pretty expensive, but it makes a pretty big difference in how the door sounds when you shut it. We'll see how much difference it makes when driving.
Back to top Go down
nstg8r

PostSubject: Re: Been gone a long time   Been gone a long time Icon_minitimeThu Sep 04, 2014 9:46 pm

Well I got it all back together, unfortunately it was too dark to take pictures of the dynamat install, so I'll have to do that on the passenger side.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Been gone a long time   Been gone a long time Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Been gone a long time
Page 1 of 1