GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

AUX. BATTERY POST

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Tomestonebilly

AUX. BATTERY POST Empty
PostSubject: AUX. BATTERY POST   AUX. BATTERY POST Icon_minitimeSat Sep 20, 2014 12:46 pm

On my 96 RMW the aux. battery post has a red wire on it but it looks like someone cut it off and put a fused switch in line, This RED wire goes down inside the frame rails. as of now it has no fuse in it so its not getting any power. Every thing seems to work. What is this wire for and where does it go? What size amp fuse should I put in it or just put it back on the battery post? 
Back to top Go down
lakeffect

lakeffect

AUX. BATTERY POST Empty
PostSubject: Re: AUX. BATTERY POST   AUX. BATTERY POST Icon_minitimeSat Sep 20, 2014 4:17 pm

It might have been there if someone had previously hooked up a sub woofer amout back, and that's how they ran power to it. Maybe.

Dave
Back to top Go down
Tomestonebilly

AUX. BATTERY POST Empty
PostSubject: Battery post   AUX. BATTERY POST Icon_minitimeSat Sep 20, 2014 7:37 pm

It has a large cable that was hooked to the battery and runs under the back seat where the amp. was (holes in floor) this red wire looks like a factory install  Question or its been there a long time,  does the Automatic level control need power in back ?
Back to top Go down
lakeffect

lakeffect

AUX. BATTERY POST Empty
PostSubject: Re: AUX. BATTERY POST   AUX. BATTERY POST Icon_minitimeSat Sep 20, 2014 7:43 pm

I don't have level control to advise you on that. Sorry.
Back to top Go down
buickwagon

buickwagon

AUX. BATTERY POST Empty
PostSubject: Re: AUX. BATTERY POST   AUX. BATTERY POST Icon_minitimeSun Sep 21, 2014 8:52 am

The ALC compressor is under the front bumper cover.

Does the car have a hitch? It may have been for trailer power. I did that with mine: 60amp circuit breaker at the AUX post, then #10 wire to the connector at the rear. Although, my red wire is not alone in the loom -- I also ran the trailer brake power wire back there with it.
Back to top Go down
Tomestonebilly

AUX. BATTERY POST Empty
PostSubject: yep I think thats it   AUX. BATTERY POST Icon_minitimeSun Sep 21, 2014 6:45 pm

Yes it has a trailer hitch so thats most likely it. its a 10gauge wire too. cheers  Thank You for your answers.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

AUX. BATTERY POST Empty
PostSubject: Re: AUX. BATTERY POST   AUX. BATTERY POST Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

AUX. BATTERY POST
Page 1 of 1