GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Battery desulfation

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Bandwagon

Bandwagon

Battery desulfation Empty
PostSubject: Battery desulfation   Battery desulfation Icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2011 2:04 pm

Any of you guys ever have any luck with this? I want to try it before buying a new Battery for the wagon, but I don't have an older charger. This is the epson salts method I am referring to.
Back to top Go down
Bandwagon

Bandwagon

PostSubject: Re: Battery desulfation   Battery desulfation Icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2011 6:14 pm

No one ever heard of this? You mix epson salts and distilled water into a paste, put it in each chamber of the battery, Charge it, run it back down , then charge it again. It is supposed to remove sulfites from the lead plates and repair a battery that won't charge.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Battery desulfation   Battery desulfation Icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2011 6:54 pm

New or even a CL batteries are pretty cheap nowadays.Sounds like something they did back
when batteries were hard to come by.
IMHO
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Battery desulfation   Battery desulfation Icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2011 7:36 pm

New one on me!

When I have a dead battery I just run to Wal-Mart for a $50 "Never-Start" EverStart battery. Three year free replacement with a pro-rate beyond that. They may be crap batteries but there is a Wal-Mart in every town and I've never had an issue getting one replaced.

My 2-cents!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Battery desulfation   Battery desulfation Icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2011 7:53 pm

It works. ! just saw it on youtube.
Back to top Go down
Bandwagon

Bandwagon

PostSubject: Re: Battery desulfation   Battery desulfation Icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2011 8:57 pm

Yeah, cause everything on youtube is real. I kinda wanted to try it, just to see. I mean, skin grafts for acid burns are so cool. If I could remember the phone # of my house 5 years ago, I could get some prorated on this 8yr warranty duralast yellow top. I know, you don't remember your own old phone #? Nope. I had them check under my cell phone # ( had the same one since 94) and nothing came up. I will just go with the never start.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Battery desulfation   Battery desulfation Icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2011 10:06 pm

Im not telling you to do it smart guy. I just seen it done.
Back to top Go down
Bandwagon

Bandwagon

PostSubject: Re: Battery desulfation   Battery desulfation Icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2011 10:18 pm

I thought you were being sarcastic. I have seen a few different youtube videos on it. Seems simple enough.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Battery desulfation   Battery desulfation Icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2011 11:03 pm

I will admit to draining old battery acid out of an old BSA Goldstar I had and replacing it
with brand new acid.It worked for almost 2 years until I got rid of the bike.Of course it
was a kickstart with that most dependable Lucas electrics.
Back to top Go down
Nick Danger

Nick Danger

PostSubject: Re: Battery desulfation   Battery desulfation Icon_minitimeThu Jun 23, 2011 12:32 pm

But that was one of the old-style batteries where you had to unscrew the yellow caps every few months anyway, because you had to top it off with distilled water.
Back to top Go down
http://www.unseengallery.com

PostSubject: Re: Battery desulfation   Battery desulfation Icon_minitimeThu Jun 23, 2011 1:13 pm

If I remember correctly I put in oil everytime I gassed it up.That was way back in 72/73
and I also had a 72 H-2 750 Kawasaki which kinda kept me terrified every time I rode it.
Nothing like an early morning ride on a 80HP 350 lb monster with a 2000rpm powerband.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Battery desulfation   Battery desulfation Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Battery desulfation
Page 1 of 1