GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Body panels?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
buickwagon

buickwagon

Body panels?  Empty
PostSubject: Body panels?    Body panels?  Icon_minitimeThu Oct 02, 2014 9:00 pm

Is anyone aware of any company that makes replacement die stamped body panels (eg: floor pans, rockers) for the B-bodies yet?
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

Body panels?  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Body panels?    Body panels?  Icon_minitimeFri Oct 03, 2014 11:06 am

I do not think so. I cut panels occasionally, if there is a good candidate in the local yard. They are expensive to ship. Floors are the same for all B bodies with minor differences in heat shield attachment points on 91-93 vs. 94-96. B bodies are the same from the A pillar to the top of the B pillar, and bottom of the C pillar.
Back to top Go down
buickwagon

buickwagon

Body panels?  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Body panels?    Body panels?  Icon_minitimeFri Oct 03, 2014 11:42 am

Size-wise, that's kind of what I figured.

Strange that nobody is stamping any replacements. You can buy virtually all the sheet metal for a 1957 Chevy, but nothing for a 90's era B-body. It's not age: I just replaced the rockers in the '01 Regal with A/M full die-stamped parts. I would have thought the B-bodies would have enough of a following to interest somebody like Sherman by now.
Back to top Go down
Mark 96 Roady

Body panels?  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Body panels?    Body panels?  Icon_minitimeFri Oct 03, 2014 1:15 pm

buickwagon wrote:
Size-wise, that's kind of what I figured.

Strange that nobody is stamping any replacements. You can buy virtually all the sheet metal for a 1957 Chevy, but nothing for a 90's era B-body. It's not age: I just replaced the rockers in the '01 Regal with A/M full die-stamped parts. I would have thought the B-bodies would have enough of a following to interest somebody like Sherman by now.
Are you talking about the rust issues that you see on W bodies in the rocker panel area? I didn't know anyone made parts like that.
Back to top Go down
buickwagon

buickwagon

Body panels?  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Body panels?    Body panels?  Icon_minitimeFri Oct 03, 2014 1:41 pm

Yeah, the bit hidden by the pretty plastic moulding so you can't tell there's a problem until the moulding falls off:

Body panels?  Regal_rocker
Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

Body panels?  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Body panels?    Body panels?  Icon_minitimeSat Oct 04, 2014 11:23 am

It would be good if someone started stamping floor pan repair panels for wagons,.
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

Body panels?  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Body panels?    Body panels?  Icon_minitimeSat Oct 04, 2014 1:49 pm

A guy on the New England forum looked into setting up a run of 1/4's and eventually floors, but he ran into a licensing issue with GM as I recall. The license fee coupled with the amount he'd have to sell to just break even eventually killed the idea.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Body panels?  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Body panels?    Body panels?  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Body panels?
Page 1 of 1