GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

A Tow Hitch?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
redcaddy

redcaddy

A Tow Hitch? Empty
PostSubject: A Tow Hitch?   A Tow Hitch? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 16, 2014 10:55 am

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm searching for a trailer hitch for my 1989 Buick Estate Wagon.

I've read the archives and there is not much that pertains to the Boxie's. Mostly 95 and later.

All I can find on the net is class II (1.25") that just won't do, I gotta have a Class III, A couple of sites list a Class III, (Reese/draw tite) but nobody has one in stock...

She's only 25 years old and nobody stocks a hitch any more, IMAGINE THAT...

The "way cool wagon" has the towing package and air lift factory set up, so all I need to do now is find a hitch.

Anybody out there have one hiding in the barn or leaning against the shed?

How about a solid lead?

As usual, sarcasm and smart azz remarks will be considered for content and graded for humor...

Thanks, Paul
Back to top Go down
steel-and-fire

A Tow Hitch? Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Tow Hitch?   A Tow Hitch? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 16, 2014 11:25 am

Yeah, Class III hitches are the Delorean Left Front Fender of the Wagon world. They just aren't made anymore and you have to be very lucky to find one at a junkyard.

In regards to the 91-96 class III threads, since the frames and many other components are exactly the same, they are still relevant. The best way to get a hitch is to have a fabricator build one to spec. Rabalc, in that thread, did a run of those and its a good thread to read up (probably one of the threads you came across)

https://gmlongroof.4umer.com/t10451p100-class-3-4-hitch

Now since it was measured with the Roadmaster, it may not be exact for our boxes, but whip out the measuring tape and take a look under the car. At the very least mock up some cardboard to see where and if it'll fit. Mine has True Duals so I would need to ensure it would clear everything.

Hope this helps Paul.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/weltallid123

A Tow Hitch?
Page 1 of 1