GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

New member from Ohio

Go down 
+4
phastlt1
stockfornow
DBeaSSt
6500steve54
8 posters
AuthorMessage
6500steve54

6500steve54

New member from Ohio Empty
PostSubject: New member from Ohio   New member from Ohio Icon_minitimeMon Apr 05, 2010 10:25 am

Hi just joined the circus. I have a 1994 Caprice wagon, 50k miles and loving it. Put K&N kit and 160 degree thermostat and Mobil 1 synthetic in it.
A buddy says to remove the mufflers and just leave the reasonators rather than replacing the mufflers with performance ones. Any thoughts on this?
Thanks Steve.
Back to top Go down
DBeaSSt
Admin
DBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: New member from Ohio   New member from Ohio Icon_minitimeMon Apr 05, 2010 12:16 pm

Welcome aboard! Sounds like a nice low miler you have there.

I did a muffler delete on my Cruiser. It had a nice sound to it, not obnoxious but certainly a nice grumble. That's a single exhaust car of course, not dual like yours.
Back to top Go down
http://www.prosise.name
stockfornow

stockfornow

PostSubject: Re: New member from Ohio   New member from Ohio Icon_minitimeMon Apr 05, 2010 12:22 pm

Welcome to the club!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New member from Ohio   New member from Ohio Icon_minitimeMon Apr 05, 2010 3:11 pm

You are not kidding about it being a circus and you will laugh and learn a lot.To hear your wagon go on youtube and enter "Buick Roadmaster wagon muffler delete " and thats how your wagon will sound.See you are learning all ready and cheap too.
Welcome to the Nuthouse
Flasheroo
Back to top Go down
phastlt1

PostSubject: Re: New member from Ohio   New member from Ohio Icon_minitimeMon Apr 05, 2010 4:51 pm

Welcome New member from Ohio Icon_jokercolor
Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

PostSubject: Re: New member from Ohio   New member from Ohio Icon_minitimeMon Apr 05, 2010 8:54 pm

6500steve54 wrote:
Hi just joined the circus. I have a 1994 Caprice wagon, 50k miles and loving it. Put K&N kit and 160 degree thermostat and Mobil 1 synthetic in it.
A buddy says to remove the mufflers and just leave the reasonators rather than replacing the mufflers with performance ones. Any thoughts on this?
Thanks Steve.

funny thing about the muffler delete option,. we,ve had that on our old gold run of the mill woody for about 5yrs now,.and if your foot is out of it and you putt along no-one notices, but stand on it and run it up to 5500 or so,.. then folks run for cover,.its fun to rip by someone on the hiway under full throttle with the lt1 singin in 2nd or 3rd gear,. sure raises eyebrows,. Suspect
It was the first mod we did to the car, in the middle of winter when we got it,.(glad you didn't want it jay) 2nd was cai,. 3rd was programming, 4th was to remove the f'ing aeroplane propellor of a mechanical fan,. no we,ve never added a second fan,..

Nick
Back to top Go down
6500steve54

6500steve54

PostSubject: Re: New member from Ohio   New member from Ohio Icon_minitimeTue Apr 06, 2010 11:52 am

Thanks guys, I don't know after watching the you tube vid, that may be a little to loud for
my summer daily driver. After all I'm an old dog ya know. Maybe I'll try it and if I can't
live with it try some turbo mufflers or something.Steve.
Back to top Go down
stockfornow

stockfornow

PostSubject: Re: New member from Ohio   New member from Ohio Icon_minitimeTue Apr 06, 2010 11:58 am

Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz

toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: New member from Ohio   New member from Ohio Icon_minitimeTue Apr 06, 2010 12:01 pm

I did the muffler delete on the marshmallow and hated it. Way too loud and sounded like crap. And I love loud, obnoxious cars! Smile

Welcome to the madness.
Back to top Go down
DBeaSSt
Admin
DBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: New member from Ohio   New member from Ohio Icon_minitimeTue Apr 06, 2010 1:12 pm

6500steve54 wrote:
Thanks guys, I don't know after watching the you tube vid, that may be a little to loud for
my summer daily driver. After all I'm an old dog ya know. Maybe I'll try it and if I can't
live with it try some turbo mufflers or something.Steve.

I have a 96 RMW. When I bought it the mufflers were shot but the rest of the exhaust was good. So I had a pair of Summit Turbo's installed. Everything else stock, including the resonators.

It has a nice sound that is mellow and not loud at all. Unless you stomp on it that is. Even then it's just a good rumble not what I would call loud.
Back to top Go down
http://www.prosise.name
brokecello
brokecello

PostSubject: Re: New member from Ohio   New member from Ohio Icon_minitimeTue Apr 06, 2010 3:20 pm

Welcome! I have the muffler delete on my 92 Olds Wagon and love it. (but again...not the duals like yours)

I would put in a good word for the Summit Turbo mufflers as well. I have used them on a few of my LT1 wagons and loved it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ChrisPowellmusic.com
phantom 309

phantom 309

PostSubject: Re: New member from Ohio   New member from Ohio Icon_minitimeTue Apr 06, 2010 6:50 pm

toomanytoyz wrote:
I did the muffler delete on the marshmallow and hated it. Way too loud and sounded like crap. And I love loud, obnoxious cars! Smile

Welcome to the madness.
and you were one of the guys at wagonfest that time that loved the noisy old roadie,. Crying or Very sad

and how can you love loud obnoxious cars, and yet in the same breath say it was too loud and sounded like crap? Question

Nick
Back to top Go down
buickestate
buickestate

PostSubject: Re: New member from Ohio   New member from Ohio Icon_minitimeTue Apr 06, 2010 6:59 pm

phantom 309 wrote:
toomanytoyz wrote:

Welcome to the madness.
and you were one of the guys at wagonfest that time that loved the noisy old roadie,. Crying or Very sad

and how can you love loud obnoxious cars, and yet in the same breath say it was too loud and sounded like crap? Question

Nick

Nick, lets face the fact that bill is now a daddy so that with the fact that he no longer likes loud cars means one thing. He is becoming a responsible adult!

Bill is Getting on in years, thus turning into that old guy on the block that shakes his fist at the young whipper snappers with the loud cars as they drive past his house! lol!
Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

PostSubject: Re: New member from Ohio   New member from Ohio Icon_minitimeTue Apr 06, 2010 7:32 pm

buickestate wrote:
phantom 309 wrote:
toomanytoyz wrote:

Welcome to the madness.

Nick

Nick, lets face the fact that bill is now a daddy so that with the fact that he no longer likes loud cars means one thing. He is becoming a responsible adult!

Bill is Getting on in years, thus turning into that old guy on the block that shakes his fist at the young whipper snappers with the loud cars as they drive past his house! lol!

faaaak,. i,m 20 yrs past that!!
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz

toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: New member from Ohio   New member from Ohio Icon_minitimeTue Apr 06, 2010 7:49 pm

Yes Nick, I was very entertained by the AGW's redneck pipes. Smile It was a hoot. So much so that I tried it with the marshmallow and hated it. It sounded like an angry redneck 77 GMC with 2" pipes and glasspacks. YEEEEEEEEEEEEE-HAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!

It was nowhere near as loud as the 3" exhaust on my Impala and I LOVE the way that car sounds.

So no, I am not the old guy shakin' his fist at the punks with obnoxious exhausts... I'm one of the punks! Smile
Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

PostSubject: Re: New member from Ohio   New member from Ohio Icon_minitimeWed Apr 07, 2010 5:49 pm

toomanytoyz wrote:
I'm one of the punks! Smile

albeit an older one,..

Nick
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New member from Ohio   New member from Ohio Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New member from Ohio
Page 1 of 1