GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

December wagon's of the month (early)

Go down 
+10
SIXT8
Fix Until Broke
Andebe
stationedwagon
phantom 309
rabalc
bamalongroof
Sprocket
BigBlackBeaSSt
Danr63
14 posters
AuthorMessage
Danr63

Danr63

December wagon's of the month (early) Empty
PostSubject: December wagon's of the month (early)   December wagon's of the month (early) Icon_minitimeTue Nov 18, 2014 9:40 pm

I was asked to show my 1996 Roadmaster wagon for December. I am posting early because I will be on vacation at the beginning of the month. Now with that out of the way let me begin.......

it started with out dark cherry Roadmaster wagon my wife and I bought new in august of 1996.

December wagon's of the month (early) Eteaa9

My Son Tim was born 2 weeks after we took delivery on the car and My daughter Nicole was only two years old at the time. This was the family car that both of my kid's knew for their entire childhood and beyond.... fast forwarding to 2011 my daughter wanted her own after learning how to drive on our old family car (now around 200K). She was going off to school in New Mexico so we where lucky and found (saved) this one from the "cash for klunkers" program.

December wagon's of the month (early) 2ivbacg

She has been driving since then and loves it (so do here three dogs). Now my Son Tim has been driving the very car that we took delivery on two weeks before we took delivery on him! He too love the big old rolling sofa but now at 275K and being a Midwest car this poor old girl has really seen better days. To add to that his killer sound system didn't help much either. But Tim learned the hard way that a good 94-96 roadmaster wagon was going to be no easy find. In fact my wife was telling both of us to give up on the fantasy of finding a nice wagon and tell the kid to buy something smaller and cheaper and be done with it! So on one Saturday in Oct we wet out and hit the used car lots. What junk! And for lots of money too! We test drove about 4 cars two of them didn't even start and the third one had to be towed back to the lot. The fourth one was so beat it scary just taking the test drive! Came home that night and I checked my Email to find I had a private message from the Longroof fourm. I checked it out and it was a member here that was giving me a chance to buy his roadmaster wagon. he sent me photos and his number and we talked. At first he was apprehensive about selling the car to an 18 year old with a fetish for over loud sound systems. But I assured him this car was going to be cared for the right way. I agreed to buy the car sent him a deposit and him and his wife wanted to see the Chicago area. o they agreed to drive the car to us and it was love at first sight! One of the nicest wagons We have seen in a long time. And the custom mods where done in very good taste and make nice car a great car. My Son will care for and love this thing for many years. He knows now how hard it is to find a good one. So now I introduce to you December's wagon of the month!..

December wagon's of the month (early) 2rxi4yf

December wagon's of the month (early) Zmmamq

December wagon's of the month (early) Mtqcsi

HendersonRacing514 likes this post

Back to top Go down
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: December wagon's of the month (early)   December wagon's of the month (early) Icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2014 7:35 am

Very nice family of cars!
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: December wagon's of the month (early)   December wagon's of the month (early) Icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2014 9:31 am

Bravo! Got all your kids in wagons. My son is driving a 92 Caprice wagon and while he likes it alot for long trips, he rarely takes any and complains about the in city mileage all the time.

I built him a spread sheet showing him despite the fuel costs, how it is SAVING him money, as he doesn't have a loan, higher insurance, depreciation (it's fully depreciated at 22 years old lol). Not to mention alot safer than a tin can toyota....

Great story and we don't see too many original owners on here...
Back to top Go down
bamalongroof

bamalongroof

PostSubject: Re: December wagon's of the month (early)   December wagon's of the month (early) Icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2014 11:10 am

Nice story enjoyed reading your wagon history past and present. Jeff
Back to top Go down
Danr63

Danr63

PostSubject: Re: December wagon's of the month (early)   December wagon's of the month (early) Icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2014 2:30 pm

Thanks guys! I have enjoyed owning these (being a Ford guy) that says alot about what a great cars these are to own.
Back to top Go down
rabalc

rabalc

PostSubject: Re: December wagon's of the month (early)   December wagon's of the month (early) Icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2014 7:31 pm

Looking good Dan and Tim, I miss it lots already, looks funny with IL plates on it. I suppose I should change my avatar pic soon Sad
Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

PostSubject: Re: December wagon's of the month (early)   December wagon's of the month (early) Icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2014 8:26 pm

Danr63 wrote:
Thanks guys! I have enjoyed owning these (being a Ford guy) that says alot about what a great cars these are to own.

There a few closet ford owners on this forum,..

I wish i had known about these wagons backn in 94-95,. instead of drooling over the impala ss's,.
I would have definitely bought a brand new DCM WB4,..i didn't graduate to the b-body wagons till i had gone thru some 9c1's,..

Nice to see an original owner still carrying the torch.
Back to top Go down
stationedwagon

stationedwagon

PostSubject: Re: December wagon's of the month (early)   December wagon's of the month (early) Icon_minitimeSun Dec 07, 2014 12:50 am

phantom 309 wrote:
Danr63 wrote:

There a few closet ford owners on this forum,..

I wish i had known about these wagons backn in 94-95,. instead of drooling over the impala ss's,.
I would have definitely bought a brand new DCM WB4,..i didn't graduate to the b-body wagons till i had gone thru some 9c1's,..

Nice to see an original owner still carrying the torch.

Great Car! I remember knowing about these cars back then but no being able to afford one! Our local Buick dealership had a white woody with a big sign on the window "last one"! I remember they wanted sticker price and would not deal! It wasn't until 2000 that I was able to afford a used one and have been driving them ever since! My friend had a Impala SS in 96' and I remember thinking it wasn't as cool as the wagon. Everybody thought I was crazy!
Back to top Go down
Danr63

Danr63

PostSubject: Re: December wagon's of the month (early)   December wagon's of the month (early) Icon_minitimeSun Dec 07, 2014 9:41 am

When we where looking for a wagon in 96 we special ordered a caprice wagon and out the door would have been 24K. That car would have been "fully loaded". After two days the dealer called us back and said it was too late in the year and we lost our chance to buy a wagon. We next went down to the Buick dealer and on the lot they had about 9 wagons all fully loaded roadmasters. The lowest price one was 35K and the highest was 38K. My wife said no to the sales lady that we could not afford that and we started to walk away. She said why don't you special order a roadmaster? We told her the story about the Chevy wagon and she told us they where making Buicks up until September (this was late June). So we ordered up a Base model roadmaster (one you see at the top of the page) with a tow package and woodgrain delete in dark cherry color. the price for that one out the door was 27K. That was still a little higher than my wife wanted to spend because money was tight and she was pregnant with our second child. We took delivery on the wagon on August 8th 1996 and my son was born on August 15th. He still drives the car that we bought and took delivery on a week before he was born.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: December wagon's of the month (early)   December wagon's of the month (early) Icon_minitimeSun Dec 07, 2014 4:57 pm

Awesome story about your children and their love for these great wagons.Wouldnt it be awesome if your grandchildren could someday have the same appreciation for these great big wagons?
Back to top Go down
Danr63

Danr63

PostSubject: Re: December wagon's of the month (early)   December wagon's of the month (early) Icon_minitimeSun Dec 07, 2014 7:46 pm

Flasheroo wrote:
Awesome story about your children and their love for these great wagons.Wouldnt it be awesome if your grandchildren could someday have the same appreciation for these great big wagons?

Assuming by that time our government will still let them be on the road!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: December wagon's of the month (early)   December wagon's of the month (early) Icon_minitimeMon Dec 08, 2014 12:58 am

Danr63 wrote:
Flasheroo wrote:

Assuming by that time our government will still let them be on the road!

We are not allowed to make any negative comments here about our illustrious government. Evil or Very Mad Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Danr63

Danr63

PostSubject: Re: December wagon's of the month (early)   December wagon's of the month (early) Icon_minitimeMon Dec 08, 2014 7:14 am

(SIGH) Sorry, it will not happen again Rolling Eyes .
Back to top Go down
Andebe

Andebe

PostSubject: Re: December wagon's of the month (early)   December wagon's of the month (early) Icon_minitimeMon Dec 08, 2014 11:49 am

Great story,great wagon. Im hoping to pass my wagon gene on to my kids as well. It going to be a tough sell,lol.
Back to top Go down
Danr63

Danr63

PostSubject: Re: December wagon's of the month (early)   December wagon's of the month (early) Icon_minitimeMon Dec 08, 2014 2:55 pm

It was an easy sell for both of my kid's
A) great ride
B)Coming from the "mini van generation" friends found the wagon "COOL"
C) 5.7 LT1 is a great combo of power and economy
D) can load all their stuff
E) big heavy car makes them feel safe
The list goes on and on...... Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: December wagon's of the month (early)   December wagon's of the month (early) Icon_minitimeMon Dec 08, 2014 4:47 pm

Danr63 wrote:
It was an easy sell for both of my kid's
A) great ride
B)Coming from the "mini van generation" friends found the wagon "COOL"
C) 5.7 LT1 is a great combo of power and economy
D) can load all their stuff
E) big heavy car makes them feel safe
The list goes on and on...... Very Happy

Great list Dan,dont stop now!
Back to top Go down
Danr63

Danr63

PostSubject: Re: December wagon's of the month (early)   December wagon's of the month (early) Icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2014 9:55 pm

Had to replace the oil cooler line assembly on my son's new 96 Roadmaster wagon. The line was leaking pretty bad and with only 80K on the clock I could not understand what was the issue. ( our other roadmaster went to 200K on the same assembly) What I found was the line was pushed up against the steering gear box and the vibration from everyday driving wore a hole right through it. So guys something to watch for on the tow package cars.
Back to top Go down
Danr63

Danr63

PostSubject: Re: December wagon's of the month (early)   December wagon's of the month (early) Icon_minitimeSat Dec 27, 2014 5:16 pm

Back to top Go down
Danr63

Danr63

PostSubject: Re: December wagon's of the month (early)   December wagon's of the month (early) Icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2020 6:53 pm

UPDATE: I have inherited My son's 96 roadmaster wagon. He passed (motorcycle accident) on Jan 17th of this year he was 23. So I now have his beautiful wagon. December wagon's of the month (early) Buick-GS-1
I will be swapping the Impala ss wheels for some Buick sport wheels replace the carpet and just keep the car nice. Now it has 112K on the clock.
December wagon's of the month (early) Timmy-2
Back to top Go down
Fix Until Broke

PostSubject: Re: December wagon's of the month (early)   December wagon's of the month (early) Icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2020 9:41 pm

Danr63 - So sorry to hear of your son's passing. Hopefully the wagon will continue to bring good memories to you.
Back to top Go down
SIXT8

SIXT8

PostSubject: Re: December wagon's of the month (early)   December wagon's of the month (early) Icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2020 12:30 pm

I am so sorry for your loss Danr63. I am working on my son's S10 Blazer. Sep 11 will be three years since he passed. He was 33. No words... I will pray for you. Dan Ayers
Back to top Go down
Danr63

Danr63

PostSubject: Re: December wagon's of the month (early)   December wagon's of the month (early) Icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2020 12:34 pm

Thanks it means alot.
Back to top Go down
Andebe

Andebe

PostSubject: Re: December wagon's of the month (early)   December wagon's of the month (early) Icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2020 9:15 am

Sorry for your loss, he is great looking kid. I am sure that wagon will help you, hang on to lots of memories.
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: December wagon's of the month (early)   December wagon's of the month (early) Icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2020 10:30 am

Heartfelt condolences, I can't even imagine as I have my own children, it was rough enough when I lost my younger sister.
Back to top Go down
Danr63

Danr63

PostSubject: Re: December wagon's of the month (early)   December wagon's of the month (early) Icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2020 10:34 am

Thank all of you for your heart felt messages.
Back to top Go down
Danr63

Danr63

PostSubject: Re: December wagon's of the month (early)   December wagon's of the month (early) Icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2020 5:38 pm

gave the wagon a change. decided to put some new rubber and some old school wheels.

December wagon's of the month (early) 20200913
December wagon's of the month (early) 20200911
December wagon's of the month (early) 20200912

Andebe and HendersonRacing514 like this post

Back to top Go down
rxxdr

PostSubject: Re: December wagon's of the month (early)   December wagon's of the month (early) Icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2020 6:21 pm

looks great
Back to top Go down
Ed1le

PostSubject: Re: December wagon's of the month (early)   December wagon's of the month (early) Icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2020 4:34 pm

So sorry for your lose. Wagon looks great.
Back to top Go down
Danr63

Danr63

PostSubject: Re: December wagon's of the month (early)   December wagon's of the month (early) Icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2020 6:59 pm

Thanks. I am working on new front brakes now. The old brakes took a beating from the very heavy 400 lb subwoofer box Tim had in the car. I now have a much smaller 30 lb subwoofer box with the rest Tim's sound equipment and it still sounds great. The brakes will be drilled and slotted rotors with semi metallic pads. should provide awesome stopping power.

Ed1le likes this post

Back to top Go down
1993 Roady-man

1993 Roady-man

PostSubject: Re: December wagon's of the month (early)   December wagon's of the month (early) Icon_minitimeThu Oct 01, 2020 11:03 am

So sorry for your loss, Nov 18th it'll be 2 years since i lost my youngest boy (leukemia).
Glad i was able to help you out.
Back to top Go down
HendersonRacing514

HendersonRacing514

PostSubject: Re: December wagon's of the month (early)   December wagon's of the month (early) Icon_minitimeFri Nov 20, 2020 11:02 am

Dan,

I got some bits and pieces of this story when I talked to you about buying the SS wheels. I hope that you ended up finding a good buyer for those! My deepest condolences for the loss of your son. Its hard to even fathom what you are going through. Hopefully diving his car brings good memories and peace for you.

I will say though I LOVE your wheel/tire combo on the car. WOW. Genuinely, I think that is my favorite wheel for the car. My friends and family talked me into sticking with the torque thrusts that I have now but I think the classic Buick Wildcat wheel looks more “muscle wagon.” I bet it rides well too.

I wish I had been as successful as you in convincing my wife to drive a wagon. Haha we just brought our 3rd kid home from the hospital 1 month after buying our... 2020 minivan. Lol. I’ll never be as cool as Danr63...

Back to top Go down
Danr63

Danr63

PostSubject: Re: December wagon's of the month (early)   December wagon's of the month (early) Icon_minitimeFri Nov 20, 2020 12:24 pm

Yeah you will be as cool! For me it came with age. Thanks for the compliment on the wheels I love them. Wanted to do that on the one you see in the avatar but it was too beat up to put the effort into it. So when I inherited this one decided not to pass up an opportunity. My wife really loved our roadmaster wagon it was her car for the first 170k then the kid's and myself brought that up to 323k! Take care,Dan

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: December wagon's of the month (early)   December wagon's of the month (early) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

December wagon's of the month (early)
Page 1 of 1