GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

New member in north Georgia

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
turborat

turborat

New member in north Georgia Empty
PostSubject: New member in north Georgia   New member in north Georgia Icon_minitimeTue Dec 02, 2014 4:14 pm

Hi all,

I recently traded an old unfinished BMW race car for a clean '96 Buick woody Limited Collectors Edition. Why are they called limited? With the options on it, it seems unlimited......well, no tachometer. I posted the BMW on CL and fished for a vintage wagon trade and ended up with this one. A future vintage star. I had been wanting an LT1 wagon to haul another race car I have and this trade was convenient. Its got 120K miles on the clock. Its white with a tan interior and its a southern car that appears to be well maintained. I was even surprised that the limited slip is still grabbing properly. It had a leaking axle seal on the right side and I fixed that. I threw a set of new shocks on the front and new air shocks on the rear. Fixed a small air leak and the working compressor (where is that compressor hiding?) sets the level correctly. Everything else checks good except for a CEL indicating the Cats are bad. Holding off on this as I am not sure what I want to do with the exhaust. Oh! And the little rear vent glass has come loose from the hinge.

Fifteen years ago, we had a '94 Caprice wagon that was the family hauler when my girls were babies. That car was solid black, lowered a couple of inches with Boyd's billet rims. It got a lot of attention back then. I let it go and wanted it back a week later. These care are more sport utility that just about any other sport ute on the planet. They haul the building materials and haul ass doing it. All the while getting 24 MPG.

A few days after acquiring this latest wagon, I hopped onto the innerweb to order a fresh new tow class III/IV hitch. In no time at all I learned they are no longer available anywhere. Bummer! Much Google searching later and I was brought to this helpful forum. So the quest continues for a suitable hitch.

Also not a fan of the shelf paper on the sides and rear of the car. Given the various clips holding the trim, I am sure the body work to delete this option is a big job. So my next best option is something creative in place of the genuine imitation fake wood laminate. I have done some searching with no results other than more genuine imitation fake wood laminate of various imitation grains Want to avoid the tribal flame stuff. Was thinking something that was a play off the profile of the '57 Nomad....something like that. Not sure how I go about getting something like this done at a reasonable cost. Airbrush artist anyone?

Cheers, Paul

Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: New member in north Georgia   New member in north Georgia Icon_minitimeTue Dec 02, 2014 4:57 pm

Welcome to the forum! Limited models have specific seats, many with heat and lumbar adjustments, which the base-level wagons don't have. I believe that's the main difference, though others may chime in. I also have a '96 Roady wagon, but mine does not have the Limited option.

It does however have a tach!

New member in north Georgia 1621876_10204918906163095_2409111948089194616_n

As for the wood, I have wagons both with and without wood, and the wood car gets noticed a LOT more. Lot of nostalgia tied in in that wood trim for folks. Also the contrast of an LT1 under the hood and wood paneling on the sides is funny in my opinion.

Anyway welcome and post pics soon if you can!

-Mike
Back to top Go down
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: New member in north Georgia   New member in north Georgia Icon_minitimeTue Dec 02, 2014 6:51 pm

Welcome to the R-wing. The pump is in the front right or left fender under the battery or the PCM. Not sure as I do not have one. Mike's tach is a mod from a camaro of similar years. One of the forum members just produced a class III or IV hitch for some of the guys, so all hope is not lost. Lots of searching will find most or all of your answers. Let us know if we can help.
Back to top Go down
bamalongroof

bamalongroof

PostSubject: Re: New member in north Georgia   New member in north Georgia Icon_minitimeTue Dec 02, 2014 8:11 pm

Hi welcome to the forum. I also have BMW's and am BamaE30 on R3V.

Sounds like you have a nice wagon mine is a 94 wood delete from factory and I deleted the side trim. My compressor is under the drivers side front bumper corner.

Jeff
Back to top Go down
Andebe

Andebe

PostSubject: Re: New member in north Georgia   New member in north Georgia Icon_minitimeWed Dec 03, 2014 10:05 am

Welcome. Ive had two solid black wagons and still regret selling both...blame it on brain damage,I guess. You have definitely come to the right place for great info and entertaining b.s. lol....
Back to top Go down
turborat

turborat

PostSubject: Re: New member in north Georgia   New member in north Georgia Icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2014 1:32 pm

81X11 wrote:
Welcome to the forum!   Limited models have specific seats, many with heat and lumbar adjustments, which the base-level wagons don't have.    I believe that's the main difference, though others may chime in.    I also have a '96 Roady wagon, but mine does not have the Limited option.

It does however have a tach!

-Mike

Mike, I like the dash cluster. I am sure I can find a '93 - '96 Camaro cluster. Any write up on how it was fitted into the Roady? Looks like a custom bezel. I searched you recent posts, but did not see a thread. Would have PM'ed, but not enough posts yet.

Thanks,
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New member in north Georgia   New member in north Georgia Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New member in north Georgia
Page 1 of 1