GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

New member from the we(s)t coast '93 grey whale

Go down 
+6
Sprocket
Andebe
Wagoninabox
bamalongroof
mtrhead79
kjurkic
10 posters
AuthorMessage
kjurkic

New member from the we(s)t coast '93 grey whale Empty
PostSubject: New member from the we(s)t coast '93 grey whale   New member from the we(s)t coast '93 grey whale Icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2014 5:03 pm

Greetings from Vancouver Island

Just bought a '93 Caprice with over 350k-km (~220k-mi). Not especially mint, but minimal rust and everything still works. Odd combination of A/C & Cruise but manual windows and locks. Previous owner put all new ignition components, new water pump, alternator, belts & hoses, new exhaust, new brakes and new winter tires, so I basically got a bunch of new parts for a discount off retail with a running car attached Very Happy

I have owned about 100 vehicles since getting my D/L over 3 decades ago; I can still remember when long-roofs roamed the countryside in vast herds before the scourge of the minivan thinned them out and the later invasion of the (pavement princess/soccer-mom) SUV's drove them to extinction Sad

Prior wagons I have owned include a '74 Plymouth Fury wagon, in the classic Chryco green WITH wood applique on the flanks, a '78 Volare wagon (not a high point for sure), and a '79 Impala (IIRC) boxy that I picked up for $300 off a fly-by-night dealership and drove over 1000 miles in bitter Canadian January (story in itself there)

I have been considering a '91-'96 CCW or RMW for a few years now, but finding one in my price bracket (read impoverished) has been a wait. Scored the above car for $1300CDN all-in.

Now I just have to find a replacement for the totally collapsed fron seat and will be good-to-go.

Cheers
Ken
Back to top Go down
mtrhead79

mtrhead79

PostSubject: Re: New member from the we(s)t coast '93 grey whale   New member from the we(s)t coast '93 grey whale Icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2014 5:59 pm

welcome aboard
Back to top Go down
http://mtrhead79@aol.com
bamalongroof

bamalongroof

PostSubject: Re: New member from the we(s)t coast '93 grey whale   New member from the we(s)t coast '93 grey whale Icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2014 9:56 pm

Welcome to the forum...Jeff
Back to top Go down
Wagoninabox

Wagoninabox

PostSubject: Re: New member from the we(s)t coast '93 grey whale   New member from the we(s)t coast '93 grey whale Icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2014 11:53 pm

Welcome Ken! There is a thread or two on seats here to help with your situation.
Back to top Go down
Andebe

Andebe

PostSubject: Re: New member from the we(s)t coast '93 grey whale   New member from the we(s)t coast '93 grey whale Icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2014 12:04 pm

Welcome,glad to hear about a high miler getting some love.
Back to top Go down
kjurkic

PostSubject: Thx   New member from the we(s)t coast '93 grey whale Icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2014 12:33 pm

Thanks All

I don't imagine that I will be able to build mine up as nice as so many other s here. Budgetary constraints and all Smile

The car is going to be my DD and construction hauler; don't really care for pickups, and the wet climate here means you don't want to leave anything in the open.

Will post some low-rez low-light pics later so as not to lower the property values around here.

cheers
Ken
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: New member from the we(s)t coast '93 grey whale   New member from the we(s)t coast '93 grey whale Icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2014 12:50 pm

welcome aboard!
Back to top Go down
sswagon

sswagon

PostSubject: Re: New member from the we(s)t coast '93 grey whale   New member from the we(s)t coast '93 grey whale Icon_minitimeSun Dec 14, 2014 7:47 am

It's not about dumping large amounts of cash into a wagon. Just keeping it clean (soap and water) and saving it from an unpleasant and untimely death is kinda how we look at it. I can see you already know that since you've had your share of wagons. Even the '78 Volare Wagon isn't all bad. It's still a wagon! Those front ends usually got donated to the mid 50's Chevy pick ups. Anyway, welcome Ken, and thanks for saving another wagon. Paul
Back to top Go down
harrisons13

harrisons13

PostSubject: Re: New member from the we(s)t coast '93 grey whale   New member from the we(s)t coast '93 grey whale Icon_minitimeSun Feb 15, 2015 8:25 pm

Welcome!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkqi6xKihlvfX82nZ3nmCHQ?view_as
1tireman

1tireman

PostSubject: Re: New member from the we(s)t coast '93 grey whale   New member from the we(s)t coast '93 grey whale Icon_minitimeSun Feb 15, 2015 9:15 pm

kjurkic wrote:
Thanks All

I don't imagine that I will be able to build mine up as nice as so many other s here. Budgetary constraints and all Smile

The car is going to be my DD and construction hauler; don't really care for pickups, and the wet climate here means you don't want to leave anything in the open.

Will post some low-rez low-light pics later so as not to lower the property values around here.

cheers
Ken

Welcome Ken, don't worry I have found these wagons to be fairly budget friendly. I use mine as a DD has some dents and scrapes but I keep her clean and get compliments on her more than I ever expected. People can't hardly look at a wagon without smiling and thinking about vacations!
Back to top Go down
kjurkic

PostSubject: Re: New member from the we(s)t coast '93 grey whale   New member from the we(s)t coast '93 grey whale Icon_minitimeThu Feb 19, 2015 12:42 pm

Good for a chuckle

When I showed up at work with the car, due to the grey color and heavy tinting, I was asked why I bought a hearse! (If only - would love the extra space)

pics soon, I promise....

K
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New member from the we(s)t coast '93 grey whale   New member from the we(s)t coast '93 grey whale Icon_minitimeThu Feb 19, 2015 10:10 pm

Welcome!
Back to top Go down
autoarcheologist

autoarcheologist

PostSubject: Re: New member from the we(s)t coast '93 grey whale   New member from the we(s)t coast '93 grey whale Icon_minitimeFri Feb 20, 2015 12:26 am

Welcome! Glad to hear from another Left Coaster. We were just up in Vancouver on vacation and didn't see many, if any. Lots of high dollar stuff, not so much classics. Then again it is winter.

There's a '96 Buick in a Seattle Pick-n-Pull if you ever make it down there. Not sure how many parts you will be able to swap.

As for your seat, sedan seats will work as well and are probably easier to find. I would find a good passenger seat and swap the guts into your driver seat if the cover is intact.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jewelorjalopy.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New member from the we(s)t coast '93 grey whale   New member from the we(s)t coast '93 grey whale Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New member from the we(s)t coast '93 grey whale
Page 1 of 1