GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Greetings from Arizona's West Coast!

Go down 
+6
DBeaSSt
1993 Roady-man
Nick Danger
BigBlackBeaSSt
Krzdimond
AzDon
10 posters
AuthorMessage
AzDon

AzDon

Greetings from Arizona's West Coast! Empty
PostSubject: Greetings from Arizona's West Coast!   Greetings from Arizona's West Coast! Icon_minitimeFri Aug 05, 2011 12:41 am

I'm thrilled to finally find a forum that addresses my lifelong love of wagons.... I currently have three wagons..... a 68 three-door burb, a 91 Olds Custom Cruiser, and a 91 Caprice. If my dually had a shell, I guess it would (sort of) be a wagon, as well!

Greetings from Arizona's West Coast! 4rides

Greetings from Arizona's West Coast! Oldsnewwheels2

Last edited by AzDon on Thu Dec 22, 2011 1:31 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://v-driveboat.com
Krzdimond
Admin
Krzdimond

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Arizona's West Coast!   Greetings from Arizona's West Coast! Icon_minitimeFri Aug 05, 2011 4:33 am

Welcome AzDon!!

Glad you found us. Lots of good info here...... just ask.

To post pics: https://gmlongroof.4umer.com/t55-read-this-first-how-to-post-pics-now-with-pics
Back to top Go down
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Arizona's West Coast!   Greetings from Arizona's West Coast! Icon_minitimeFri Aug 05, 2011 7:09 am

Welcome to the madness.
Back to top Go down
Nick Danger

Nick Danger

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Arizona's West Coast!   Greetings from Arizona's West Coast! Icon_minitimeFri Aug 05, 2011 7:12 am

Welcome aboard!

When the news programs talk about the hottest city in the US, Lake Havasu always comes up. How has it been this summer?
Back to top Go down
http://www.unseengallery.com
1993 Roady-man

1993 Roady-man

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Arizona's West Coast!   Greetings from Arizona's West Coast! Icon_minitimeFri Aug 05, 2011 7:23 am

Welocme aboard, pix's are always nice.
Back to top Go down
DBeaSSt
Admin
DBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Arizona's West Coast!   Greetings from Arizona's West Coast! Icon_minitimeFri Aug 05, 2011 7:48 am

Welcome! Always glad to see another Cruiser owner. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.prosise.name
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Arizona's West Coast!   Greetings from Arizona's West Coast! Icon_minitimeFri Aug 05, 2011 4:29 pm

Welcome to the group, and hope to see pics from you soon. I love the looks of the Olds wagons. Glad you found the forum.

-Mike
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Arizona's West Coast!   Greetings from Arizona's West Coast! Icon_minitimeFri Aug 05, 2011 7:06 pm

Welcome Don and I too have a 91 OCC.Guess theres no point it warning you about the wagon
addiction as you are already afflicted with the disease!
Jim G
Back to top Go down
JoeT

JoeT

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Arizona's West Coast!   Greetings from Arizona's West Coast! Icon_minitimeTue Aug 09, 2011 8:34 pm

Welcome!
The more, the merrier!
Back to top Go down
AzDon

AzDon

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Arizona's West Coast!   Greetings from Arizona's West Coast! Icon_minitimeSat Dec 24, 2011 1:12 pm

Pictures added to original post!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Arizona's West Coast!   Greetings from Arizona's West Coast! Icon_minitimeSat Dec 24, 2011 1:22 pm

I guess you are kinda fond of white vehicles.Cooler in the summer and your yard looks like a GM
car show too.
Jim
Back to top Go down
Krzdimond
Admin
Krzdimond

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Arizona's West Coast!   Greetings from Arizona's West Coast! Icon_minitimeSat Dec 24, 2011 2:17 pm

I take it Wal*Mart doesn't sell a lot of lawn mowers where you are at?
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Arizona's West Coast!   Greetings from Arizona's West Coast! Icon_minitimeSat Dec 24, 2011 4:15 pm

Welcome, to the forum. You've been a member of the greater b-body community for some time as I recognize your rides from the ISSF. Always good to have a another wago err aboard. My first vehicle was a first gen K-5 Blazer, loved that truck!
Back to top Go down
AzDon

AzDon

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Arizona's West Coast!   Greetings from Arizona's West Coast! Icon_minitimeSat Dec 24, 2011 6:10 pm

Missing from the picture:
2001 Astro Van- white
2000 s-10 xtreme- white
2000 Metro- white
2004 Sportster 1200c- dark blue
1987 Suzuki Savage 650- blue suede
1972 Lebel 21 Daycruiser- Yellow & orange

No lawn mower!
Back to top Go down
AzDon

AzDon

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Arizona's West Coast!   Greetings from Arizona's West Coast! Icon_minitimeSat Dec 24, 2011 6:24 pm

I havent really spent a lot of time on ISSF.....I mostly hang out here and at 67-72chevytrucks.com/suburbans and panels and clubhotrod.com. I'm also chief administrator of v-driveboat.com and duallycrew.com. Duallyscene.com is also cool, but I havent been there lately.
Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Arizona's West Coast!   Greetings from Arizona's West Coast! Icon_minitimeSat Dec 24, 2011 7:23 pm

Interesting how some of us have the same tastes in vehicles,.

Greetings from Arizona's West Coast! MVC-615S
My dually,.

Nick
Back to top Go down
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Arizona's West Coast!   Greetings from Arizona's West Coast! Icon_minitimeSat Dec 24, 2011 8:24 pm

Welcome.... Love the Burb!!!!
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Arizona's West Coast!   Greetings from Arizona's West Coast! Icon_minitimeFri Dec 30, 2011 11:30 pm

Is that a for sale sign in the window of the OCC?
Back to top Go down
Nick Danger

Nick Danger

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Arizona's West Coast!   Greetings from Arizona's West Coast! Icon_minitimeSat Dec 31, 2011 10:09 am

phantom 309 wrote:

My dually,.

Nick

But different tastes in yard care.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Arizona's West Coast!   Greetings from Arizona's West Coast! Icon_minitimeSat Dec 31, 2011 12:53 pm

I bet texas Mike would love to have had some of that GREEN grass in his yard last summer.
Jim
Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Arizona's West Coast!   Greetings from Arizona's West Coast! Icon_minitimeSat Dec 31, 2011 4:37 pm

Nick Danger wrote:
phantom 309 wrote:

My dually,.

Nick

But different tastes in yard care.

Not my yard, one of the concessions roads nearby the house,.

jeez,. you're quick to judge,. i,m watching you now MR,. Cool

The Original 'Nick'

Greetings from Arizona's West Coast! MVC-622S
Back to top Go down
AzDon

AzDon

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Arizona's West Coast!   Greetings from Arizona's West Coast! Icon_minitimeSun Jan 01, 2012 12:43 pm

81X11 wrote:
Is that a for sale sign in the window of the OCC?

Yes, It's for sale Sad
The boss gave me permission to bring the 91 wagons home under the pretense that I would be reselling them. The Chevy came to me first with the everything above the pistons loaded in the back of the car and I did not have a clear mental picture of how everything went together, SOOOO... when I had the opportunity to buy the OCC, I jumped at it! With the hood of the OCC up, I was able to clarify where each piece went on the chevy.
Had them both for sale and the chevy sold first, even though the Olds is far more deluxe. I'll sell it if I feel that it's getting a good home with someone that values it as much as I do, but I really have no fear of being "stuck with it" (as many would-be buyers imply) because I really love the car.
I point to these wagons, camaros/firebirds, c- trucks and burbs, s-10s and Astros as the last proud moments of a great manufacturing corporation making truly cutting-edge and high quality products that are built to last in an era of disposability!
The OCC and RMW, with their roof windows and sculpted roof racks are as beautiful as retro gets, rivaling the new beetle, retro 2seat bird, cooper, et-tal in the cool retro department.
My wagon can be found on CL Mohave County, AZ for $3295, which I believe is a steal for a rust-free copy of one of these wagons in good condition!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Arizona's West Coast!   Greetings from Arizona's West Coast! Icon_minitimeSun Jan 01, 2012 12:54 pm

Don,thats a mouthful of the truth about our babies.And none of those retro,s you mention even
come close to being as beautiful as our wagons are.Of course I am a little prejudice.Never thought
of buying another wagon as an excuse so you could see how things go back together.Very good
reason to buy another wagon.
Jim
Back to top Go down
AzDon

AzDon

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Arizona's West Coast!   Greetings from Arizona's West Coast! Icon_minitimeSun Jan 01, 2012 12:59 pm

Phantom-
I love the spoiler/skirting and bed arch on your dually! (although I'm not a fan of visors)
I need to get that setup to get mine scraping low! I really wish the previous owner of mine had done the skirt pieces instead of the flip kit, but it still tows reasonably heavy stuff fairly well!
Back to top Go down
AzDon

AzDon

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Arizona's West Coast!   Greetings from Arizona's West Coast! Icon_minitimeSun Jan 01, 2012 1:18 pm

I'm pretty sure that the chevy was within two weeks of being sold into the salvage system for purely economic reasons when I rescued it! The Olds could have ended up on the low-end used auction circuit and eventually ended up scrapped, as well.
It seems that nowadays, people dont have the required committment to built-to-last products, and would rather turn to something different rather than repair what they have.
Unfortunately, I run across at least three good GM cars a month that are good candidates for rescue, but I cant adopt them permanently myself and finding proper homes after I've repaired them is not easy!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Arizona's West Coast!   Greetings from Arizona's West Coast! Icon_minitimeSun Jan 01, 2012 1:29 pm

Our wise presidents Cash 4 Clunkers didnt do us any favors either.The ere of buying a car and
putting forth the effort to really maintain it properly is gone.Most consider their cars as disposable
after the last payment is made.My brother just made the last payment on his Ram dually.The
girl told him"it doesnt happen very often because people rarely keep their cars this long anymore".
Thanks for saving the cars anyway.
Jim
Back to top Go down
AzDon

AzDon

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Arizona's West Coast!   Greetings from Arizona's West Coast! Icon_minitimeSun Jan 01, 2012 3:45 pm

Cash for Clunkers sucked because it targeted the cars that were the most worth saving while leaving all the front drive disposables in play!
The program never even considered the value that built-to-last stuff has for the environment by not wasting energy by needing to be recycled after a short duty cycle.
The program went to extraordinary lengths to insure the total destruction of perfectly good, useable parts while encouraging everybody to buy a new disposable Jap car.
It was perhaps the worst, most illogical use of taxpayer resources to reward corporate interests for offering us mediocre products. THE PIG MONEY MACHINE LOVED THE PROGRAM!!
I like to believe that I'm making a difference by finding a few of these cool older vehicles, fixing a few things and finding worthy homes with like-minded people, even to the point of encouraging them to contact me about selling the vehicle back if they become uncommitted.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Arizona's West Coast!   Greetings from Arizona's West Coast! Icon_minitimeSun Jan 01, 2012 9:08 pm

Obama knows best and he wont listen to anyone no matter what their qualifications are.I cant
imagine what the intelligent life elsewhere in this giant universe is saying about us.Thats if they
use spoken words and not mental telepathy.
Jimm
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Arizona's West Coast!   Greetings from Arizona's West Coast! Icon_minitimeTue Jan 03, 2012 9:43 am

Flasheroo wrote:
I bet texas Mike would love to have had some of that GREEN grass in his yard last summer.
Jim

You know it! I'll be tilling up my yard and re-seeding it this spring. Last summer totally killed it. Grass had made it through ever summer since being planted in 1977. I'm not sorry to see 2011 go!!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Arizona's West Coast!   Greetings from Arizona's West Coast! Icon_minitimeTue Jan 03, 2012 10:54 am

I would wait on the tilling and reseeding until you see what the socalled weather experts have to
say.Next summer could be worse' much worse than last years was.
Jim
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Arizona's West Coast!   Greetings from Arizona's West Coast! Icon_minitimeTue Jan 03, 2012 11:00 am

Flasheroo wrote:
I would wait on the tilling and reseeding until you see what the socalled weather experts have to
say.Next summer could be worse' much worse than last years was.
Jim

Please don't say that...don't even think that. Can't imagine another summer like that one.

We did get some good rain in December, thankfully. Last winter we got no rain, followed by the hottest and dryest summer on record. Since we got some good rain last month we're all hoping it's a sign and that we'll have a wet spring. Fingers are crossed.

This past summer, due to the drought, my state lost 10% of it's trees. That's roughly a half-billion trees that died from the 2011 drought. Billion with a B. Crazy stuff.

-Mike
Back to top Go down
Nick Danger

Nick Danger

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Arizona's West Coast!   Greetings from Arizona's West Coast! Icon_minitimeTue Jan 03, 2012 11:32 am

I've seen long-range weather forecasts that say 2012 will be as dry as 2011. I hope they're wrong. We got zero rain between December 28 and July 1.

Cash for Clunkers was all about getting votes from the UAW. You remember that the car manufacturers had a good summer while the rest of the economy was in the dumps. All those people trading in their old Grand Cherokees for new Hummer H3s meant jobs.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Arizona's West Coast!   Greetings from Arizona's West Coast! Icon_minitimeTue Jan 03, 2012 1:23 pm

And a huge number of those C4C buyers have let the bank have those H3s back because they
couldnt afford the payments.I know of 2 long time friends who qualified for a new car with
that infamous C4C down payment.While it looked great on paper the payments and taxes
couldnt be paid and now their credit is shot.
Jim
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Arizona's West Coast!   Greetings from Arizona's West Coast! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Greetings from Arizona's West Coast!
Page 1 of 1