GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

84 caprice wagon up date

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
84 box wagon

84 box wagon

84 caprice wagon up date Empty
PostSubject: 84 caprice wagon up date   84 caprice wagon up date Icon_minitimeSun Dec 28, 2014 6:45 am

First merry Christmas and happy new year to all and now for the wagon update, well she now has 311,850 miles still wearing her original paint and interior still in great shape although the paint is starting to get thin but still no rust on the body or frame.
  She is going to get a heart transplant her motor now has a knock and she has started to burn oil and 3rd and 4th gear are starting to act weird, so I picked up a 1986 caprice 9c1 with low mileage good body and a very badly rusted frame. My plan is to use the motor and trans from the donor to keep my wagon alive
Back to top Go down
Dutch Pete

Dutch Pete

PostSubject: Re: 84 caprice wagon up date   84 caprice wagon up date Icon_minitimeMon Dec 29, 2014 7:12 am

Well, seasons greetings to you too. Good luck with the transplant. Must be a straight " drop inn"
Pete
Back to top Go down
84 box wagon

84 box wagon

PostSubject: 84 caprice wagon up date   84 caprice wagon up date Icon_minitimeMon Dec 29, 2014 5:21 pm

I'm using the kiss principal, I really do appreciate the mechanical simplicity of the carbed boxy wagons compared to the overly complex modern vehicles that I work on every day
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 84 caprice wagon up date   84 caprice wagon up date Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

84 caprice wagon up date
Page 1 of 1